Thread: [KICKSTARTER]Al Lowe / Leisure Suit Larry needs you!

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11

Event [KICKSTARTER]Al Lowe / Leisure Suit Larry needs you!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rry-come-again

Unfortunately I found out about this today and not when this project started.

You guys proofed that graphic adventures are not dead by supporting Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert but now poor old Al Lowe needs your help as well to create a remake of Leisure Suit Larry 1.

Please guys show some love so that Larry can make some love again... or that he at least gets laid.

You do not know Larry? Shame on you and fund this project so that you might get to know him better!

Bizzarely, there's already been a remake of the original (released by Sierra back in the early 90s with a full-blown icon interface replacing the old text input), making this the 2nd remake of old Larry. O_o

EDIT: been reading through the FAQ - seems as though this is the beginning of an attempt to remake all of the original games. Makes more sense now as to why they're redoing the 1st one yet again.

EDIT EDIT: reading further, it looks as though we could soon see similar treatment for all of the old Quest series as well (Kings Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest).

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    ^^Yeah those where the good old days.

While you could not die in most Lucas Filmgames (later Lucasarts) releases in most Sierra games death was always an option and in games like Larry and Space Quest most of the time a hilarious one!

What I really like about this project is that they really want to use handdrawn artwork for it.