Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonding (Julian)

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Running, huh? It was fun to a point. Jamie liked to spice it up a bit by adding something to run from, like Mayan zombie guards or space pirates. But as an arena of common interest, that just wasn't a lot to go on. Maybe it was time to go back to square one.

"Well," she said, tucking the marker into her pocket, "maybe you can show me how to do that. You know. Be a wolf."

Jamie crouched down to the floor and shimmered, and her outline shifted into the lanky, red-furred juvenile that had come limping in just minutes ago. Her mouth spilled open into a panting grin, but her lips didn't move when she spoke again:

"So, what do we wolves do on a day like this?"

Julian Davitt
    "Sleep," Julian answered without hesitation. "At least, the mother and father would sleep mostly. I was usually the one who watched the little ones and kept an ear up for others."

His eyes grew unfocused.

"Sometimes we'd go down to the rivers to drink, but we were always really careful, because there were bears and other wolves around too. People have really pressed us closer to them. Most of the time the little ones, uh, cubs, wouldn't even go near the river until they were bigger.

"We didn't hunt a lot during the day. Most of the time we'd wait until the heat broke in the evening or wait until the night, when most of the rabbits and deer were out eating."

He blinked and looked outside, a small, dog-like grin on his face.

"It takes a lot out of us to run in heat, so we'd stay out of it." He stopped, suddenly curious. "What do you, I mean, humans do during days like this?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12