Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gimme a break, Kit-Kat!

Taya Robbins
    Taya glanced sidelong at Train in wonderment and couldn't suppress a burst of laughter at her Star Wars impression. It may have been a painfully transparent bid to change the subject, but what mattered was it had worked. She was like some sort of juggernaut of positive thinking. Bad moods just couldn't repel firepower of that magnitude.

"You know, that's not a bad idea," Taya replied with an ear-to-ear grin. "With your muscle and my good looks, we could own this town. But first things first..."

Finally they pulled out of the laboriously slow parking corridor into a line of traffic that actually appeared to be outpacing tectonic drift. "Sushi doesn't mean raw fish. Sushi is Japanese for 'seafood and rice rolled up into a bundle of mind-blowing culinary ecstasy.' Most of the rolls are cooked. Some of them are even deep-fried. I mean, I like some of the raw stuff, but I won't force it on you."

Freight Train
    "Really? Like, what have they got besides that one pink one? Do I have to eat eels and seaweed and drink green tea and stuff? 'cause I don't even know. I just said sushi because it starts with the same letter as Solo." Her face was an expression of apprehension. "Aren't there ones that poison you if they make it wrong? I haven't got cat constitution like you."

Taya Robbins
    Taya laughed again, harder this time. "I'm pretty sure they don't serve fugu here. Okay, how does this sound: tempura fried shrimp with avocado, or crab meat with cream cheese and remoulade, or maybe some smoked salmon with mayo and hot peppers. And everything's in little bite-sized pieces wrapped up with cooked rice so you can just snatch it in your chopsticks and dunk it in soy sauce to your heart's content. And they do have green tea, which is great, but they also have Coke products. Sound any better?"

Freight Train
    Tempura what? Avacadowhat? RemouWHAT? Nope, not sounding better, but God she'd missed Taya and didn't want to hurt the Kit-Kat's feelings by begging for In-N-Out.

"Yeah. I think I could do some crabstuff. Do they give you wasabi and stuff with it? And what's with the cream cheese and mayonnaise? Is that stuff even Japanese?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234