Thread: HBOs Game of Thrones

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I don't know if you're the only one, but it doesn't personally bother me. I think the show is going to be significantly different from the books from here on out.

I mean, there hasn't even been any word on Victorion so I think the whole Iron Islands kingship subplot has been cut. It may end up in the same place as the books but I think it will take very different approach to getting there. I can't even imagine (adwd) Aegon coming into the show at all, but then who knows.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I think the Euron/Victorion plot is necessary for drawing "Where are my dragons" Danny out of Meeren and to Westeros. I just think they wont share the same hostile relationship between each other. Maybe they will even go as far and merge both characters by letting Euron steal the dragons first and then return to Westeros in order to rule the Iron Isles.

ADWD
    Aegon VI might be brought to the story at any convenient time (just like in ADWD). His interaction with Tyrion is not really earth shattering for him. He might simply show up at Griffin's roast at the beginning of season 6. His whole purpose in ADWD is to distract Tyrion from masturbating (yes that scene is in there you know it) and thinking about where whores go. TWOW SpoilerWe know that Arianne Martell will meet Aegon VI for the first time at the beginning of the 6th book so maybe this is a good point to introduce him to the viewers as well. Plus you do not need to cast an actor for only half a season when he has got more important stuff to do in the following 2 seasons.End of TWOW Spoiler

What really shocks me about season 5 is that Arianne Martell has not been casted yet. Not only does she have the best twist in AFFC(actually she has the twist that makes the book worth reading) but she seems to be important for later as well unlike her brother Quentyn who could have easily died off camera on his hunt for Daenerys.

What really irritates me is that the High Sparrow will actually show up in the next season although I thought he would be one of the characters who could be easily skipped. I wonder if Ser Meryn Trant will get the honor to take the place of one of the Kettleblack brothers. This makes me wonder if Cersei will have as much "R-rated FUN" as she has in AFFC?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think that (next season) [the High Sparrow is integral to Cersei's descent into madness and disgrace. Introducing him now (we have had Qyburn for a while after all) is good.]

The 'Iron Islands' stuff could be put off until next, next season. Season six? I think that makes sense from a TV point of view, so they're not throwing Dorne and all the Iron Islands characters at us at once. Man I hope they don't cut it, it DOES seem integral to the story (what with the horn that controls dragons and Dany being unable to control hers at all.).

edit: extra brackets keep the spoilers out of the activity stream

So the new season is about to premiere ...

... and the first 4 episodes have already been leaked online. Seems as though critics were given a copy of the early episodes to review and someone decided to upload them all.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Apr 12th, 2015 at 05:04:41 PM.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Can't wait to watch tonight!!!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

How is everyone enjoying the current season so far?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    I finally sat down and watched the last episode of season 5 and the 1st episode of 6 this weekend. It's a bad idea, but I'm starting to have some hope for some of the characters. That's a really bad idea. It will be interesting to see how my hopes are destroyed this season.

It was nice to see an element from one of the earlier books work it's way back into the show at a different time for the character.

Finally, always love what they are doing with Brienne.

Also, sorry for the vague speak. Too lazy to look up how to do spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Mu Satach; May 16th, 2016 at 09:02:03 AM. Reason: felt like it

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher

Love the series and also love how no character is safe in that world. Definitely curious to see how things play out this season with some of the characters. I actually tried reading one of the books and couldn't get into his style, but that's just me. lol

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Dorne is a trainwreck but so far I have enjoyed this season. Sophie Turner's performance has been amazing this season and I am excited to see what the Tyrells and the Faith Militant are up to in King's Landing now.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    This season is so good so far. So good. I think not being beholden to the books is really freeing them up to get exciting and interesting. It feels like the show has pace now and that we're actually moving towards a conclusion

I can definitely see [ the Sparrow getting his head planted on a spike soon. Having Daenarys riding the dragon also makes that whole opportunity of taking Westeros more real now and when I saw that rider save them in the snow, something told me it was Uncle Benjin. Just wasn't expecting what he had been through. lol ]

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I just tossed some spoiler tags around your post, just in case anyone stumbles into the thread without having seen the latest episode

... Had a feeling afterwards. lol

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    This season is so good so far. So good. I think not being beholden to the books is really freeing them up to get exciting and interesting. It feels like the show has pace now and that we're actually moving towards a conclusion
    I was literally doing this: at [the Coldhands reveal. I was like I KNEW IT!!!]

lol. Almost doesn't make sense to talk about anything specific that may spoil the show. Lots 'o gray bars in this thread now. lol

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, we could always start a new thread and specify in the OP that it is full of spoilers for the most recently aired episode of the show. Future (we are running out of book knowledge) or leaked events would still need to be spoiler tagged.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    [COLDHANDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...finally. Gimme the Lady now, you bastards.]

*ahem* I have been enjoying this season so much.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    *flails*

I can't wait to get home and watch the latest episooooodeeee

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    It was fantastic

[Sansa taking charge and ensuring a victory and killing Ramsey in a most satisfying way was brilliant. I really love how the Stark daughters have progressed this season. I'm glad Little Finger is doing right by Sansa after making a bone headed move. Like how could he not know Ramsey wouldn't be an ass to Sansa?

That battle was well done. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen. They paced it so well that I didn't feel it was rushed at all.

Also the alliance with Yara and Dany is going to be very interesting indeed!]

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    "Battle of the Bastards"

[ That battle was amaaazing! What a cracking bit of action, better than most films manage. The scene with Jon getting almost crushed under all the bodies, gasping for air as he pulled himself out, was really tense. Even though you knew he was going to survive, deep down, there was a genuine sense of fear and claustrophobia to it all.

I'm so glad that Ramsay has gone now. He definitely, at least for me, outlasted his welcome. I did enjoy his dispatching of Rickon, as that felt like it was showing there is some intelligence to his malice, rather than just mindlessly hurting people - but it's good to be rid of him. We're left with a much more of a gray-scale when it comes to alignments now, and not knowing who 'the bad guy' is makes Game of Thrones much more fun.
    ]

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast