Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Pick 'em 2011: Week 18 - WILD CARD ROUND

Well, I'm disappointed that the Steelers lost, but that really was a heroic effort by the Broncos. Unfortunately, much of Tebow's deep passing success came at the expense of Ike Taylor, who had just finished what may have been the best regular season of his career. You don't hear much about him because he doesn't catch interceptions, but what he typically does is shadow the opposition's best receiver and erase him from the stat sheet. The Steelers' victory over the Patriots had a lot to do with Taylor blanketing Wes Welker all game. For whatever reason, he just wasn't able to keep up with Demarius Thomas last night.

Well, now the Steelers have a chance to get healthy and hopefully hit the ground running next season. Looks like I'll be rooting for the Texans and Broncos next week.

Week 18 Tally

Aurelias Kazaar: 3-1
    jjwr: 3-1
    Yog: 3-1
    Dragon: 2-2
    Figrin D'an: 2-2
    Jedi Master Carr: 2-2
    Miranda Tarkin: 2-2
    Morgan Evanar: 2-2
    Park Kraken: 2-2
    Rutabaga: 2-2
    Kyran O'Hurn: 1-3
    Nathanial K'cansce: 1-3
    Ryan Pode: 0-4 (did not pick)

Total Tally

1. jjwr: 179-81

2. Kyran O'Hurn: 175-85
    3. Rutabaga: 173-87
    4. Yog: 172-88
    5. Morgan Evanar: 169-91
    6. Dragon: 168-92
    6. Figrin D'an: 168-92
    8. Jedi Master Carr: 167-93
    8. Miranda Tarkin: 167-93
    11. Park Kraken: 166-94
    12. Ryan Pode: 165-95
    13. Nathanial K'cansce: 161-97
    13. Aurelias Kazaar: 159-101
    Last edited by Dragon; Jan 9th, 2012 at 08:12:00 PM.

I did question the Steelers game plan. Why didn't they copy the one the Chiefs did? They mostly went 8 in the box, while the Chiefs played safeties back to play for the big play. I was surprised how bad of a game Taylor had, he just seemed off.

I've heard others ask the same questions, and I have to agree. The Steelers seemed to be daring Tebow to throw deep all game, and he obliged. And while Taylor did have a bad game, you can't pin the loss entirely on him. Man coverage has to be supported by the pass rush, and the few times they did get close to Tebow he threw wild, but for most of the game James Harrison and Lamar Woodley were invisible. Then once Hampton and Keisel went out, the defensive line was getting knocked back on every play. Regardless, you have to start giving Taylor more support once he starts getting beaten deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12