Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Pick 'em: Week 15 (GAMES ON THURSDAY AND SATURDAY)

Kyran O'Hurn
    Thursday, Dec 15
    JAX @ ATL W

Saturday, Dec 17
    DAL W @ TB

Sunday, Dec 18
    CIN W @ STL
    GB W @ KC
    CAR @ HOU W
    NO W @ MIN
    SEA W @ CHI
    WAS @ NYG W
    TEN W @ IND
    MIA @ BUF W

DET W @ OAK
    NYJ W @ PHI
    CLE @ ARI W
    NE W @ DEN

BAL W @ SD

Monday, Dec 19
    PIT @ SF W

Survivor: ARI

jjwr
    Missed the first two games again, both are obvious choics who was going to win but still missed them, too much going on in the real world and these non-sunday games tend to fall below my radar until its too late.

CIN W @ STL
    GB W @ KC
    CAR @ HOU W
    NO W @ MIN
    SEA W @ CHI
    WAS @ NYG W
    TEN W @ IND
    MIA @ BUF W

DET W @ OAK
    NYJ @ PHI W
    CLE @ ARI W
    NE W @ DEN

BAL @ SD W

Monday, Dec 19
    PIT @ SF W

Sunday, Dec 18
    CIN WIN @ STL
    GB WIN @ KC
    CAR @ HOU WIN
    NO WIN @ MIN
    SEA @ CHI WIN
    WAS @ NYG WIN
    TEN WIN @ IND
    MIA @ BUF WIN

DET WIN @ OAK
    NYJ WIN @ PHI
    CLE @ ARI WIN
    NE WIN @ DEN

BAL @ SD WIN

Monday, Dec 19
    PIT @ SF WIN

Survivor: CIN

I had to leave for a while this morning, so I just got home and turned on the CIN-STL game. Watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen, I can see that the Grinch is stealing most of my damn picks for this morning.

Kyran O'Hurn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    I had to leave for a while this morning, so I just got home and turned on the CIN-STL game. Watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen, I can see that the Grinch is stealing most of my damn picks for this morning.
    You and most of the rest of us...

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Merry Christmas JMC.

And a Merry Christmas to Indy who has their first win of the season.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Indy wins, GB loses. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Kraken View Post
    Merry Christmas JMC.

And a Merry Christmas to Indy who has their first win of the season.
    LOL I didn't think they could win the game. They sure played great, probably should have fired Haley earlier. Also, Drew Brees need 301 yards to pass Dan Marino. He should do that without a problem next week. The packers do look vulnerable. I still think the Saints could knock them off in the playoffs.

Kyran O'Hurn
    this is going to be a rough weeks for picks... And kicking myself cause I wanted to pick a few of the "upset" picks in the first half but just couldn't bring myself to do it...

I wish I had picked the Chiefs, but oh well didn't think they could pull it off.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Packers played probably their worst game since last Thanksgiving. The defense actually played okay for much of the game, but the offense was completely out of sync. Lots of drops, Rodgers never looked comfortable with the timing. Seems like they just were flat for this game while the Chiefs were jacked up and ready.

I don't know that I would call the Packers more "vulnerable" after today than any time previously. They simply played poorly, and they got beaten by another professional team with a lot of pride. They are still the best team in the league right now, IMO, and it's really not that close. If Green Bay plays its "A" game, I still feel they're pretty much unbeatable. The challenge is playing like that every week. I fully expect them to come out the next two weeks, demolish Chicago and at least get the starters solid work against Detroit.

At least there will be no more silliness and obsessive media hype about a perfect season. The pressure is off, it's now about preparing for the playoffs and trying win another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    Packers played probably their worst game since last Thanksgiving. The defense actually played okay for much of the game, but the offense was completely out of sync. Lots of drops, Rodgers never looked comfortable with the timing. Seems like they just were flat for this game while the Chiefs were jacked up and ready.

I don't know that I would call the Packers more "vulnerable" after today than any time previously. They simply played poorly, and they got beaten by another professional team with a lot of pride. They are still the best team in the league right now, IMO, and it's really not that close. If Green Bay plays its "A" game, I still feel they're pretty much unbeatable. The challenge is playing like that every week. I fully expect them to come out the next two weeks, demolish Chicago and at least get the starters solid work against Detroit.

At least there will be no more silliness and obsessive media hype about a perfect season. The pressure is off, it's now about preparing for the playoffs and trying win another championship.
    The big problem for the Packers is the OL. They lost two OLmen today. If their OL aren't healthy, they are very beatable.
    As for the late games. the Pats are rolling over the Broncos. The Broncos defense sure don't look that great. If they get in the playoffs I can't see them beating the Steelers or Ravens. The Lions got a big win to keep their playoff hope alive.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Yesssssss. Yessssssssssssss. Feel the power of the Dark Side of the Force. Darth Bradus and Lord Bellichith have decimated the upstarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    Yesssssss. Yessssssssssssss. Feel the power of the Dark Side of the Force. Darth Bradus and Lord Bellichith have decimated the upstarts.
    LOL NE was just too much for them. Now I need to hope for the Bills to beat them next week. The Chiefs can win the division by winning out and the Broncos losing to the Bills. Probably need to hope for a foot of snow.

The Niners were very impressive last night. I wish I had picked them. Harbuagh should be coach of the year with the job he has done this year. The Steelers have some issues with Ben. I think they should sit him against the Rams. I am sure they can beat them with Charlie Batch.

Week 15 Tally

Ryan Pode: 11-5
    Jedi Master Carr: 10-6
    Kyran O'Hurn: 10-6
    Morgan Evanar: 10-6
    Figrin D'an: 9-7
    jjwr: 9-7
    Park Kraken: 9-7
    Rutabaga: 9-7
    Yog: 9-7
    Dragon: 8-8
    Miranda Tarkin: 8-8
    Aurelias Kazaar: 7-9
    Nathanial K'cansce: 7-9
    Liam Jinn: 6-10 (Did not pick)

Total Tally

1. jjwr: 153-71
    1. Kyran O'Hurn: 153-71

3. Rutabaga: 150-74
    4. Yog: 149-75
    5. Figrin D'an: 146-78
    5. Morgan Evanar: 146-78
    7. Ryan Pode: 145-79
    8. Dragon: 144-80
    9. Miranda Tarkin: 142-82
    9. Jedi Master Carr: 142-82
    11. Park Kraken: 140-84
    12. Liam Jinn: 135-89
    12. Nathanial K'cansce: 135-89
    14. Aurelias Kazaar: 133-91

Survivor Pool

14: Kyran O'Hurn: BUF, TEN, NO, SD, NYJ, DAL, SF, ATL, GB, NE, CAR, BAL, PIT, ARI

9: Dragon: ARI, DET, SD, ATL, NO, PIT, DAL, TEN, HOU, PHI, NE, CIN, NO PICK
    7: Liam Jinn: SF, DAL, PIT, GB, BUF, NYJ, CAR, NO, NE, BAL, ATL, NO PICK
    7: jjwr: HOU, BAL, CHI, NO, PIT, DAL, SF, KC, MIA, SEA, NYJ, ATL, NO PICK
    6: Rutabaga: GB, SD, NO, NYG, DAL, SF, OAK, JAX, NE, PIT, NYJ, DEN, CIN
    3 (x2): Ryan Pode: GB, TEN, TB, NYG, NYJ, NO, CAR, SF, MIA, NE, NO PICK, DAL, SEA, CIN
    3: Yog: DEN, PIT, SD, GB, NYG, DET, DAL, SF, PHI, JAX, NO PICK, NYJ, CHI, BAL, TEN
    3: Jedi Master Carr: GB, PIT, TB, NYG, JAX, NO PICK
    3: Lykaios: PIT, SD, TB, NYG, BAL, DET, OAK, SF, CIN, NE, NO PICK
    3: Mu Satach: DET, SD, GB, ARI, BUF, BAL, SF, NO, NO PICK

Seppuku x9
    Park Kraken: TB, PHI, HOU, JAX, CAR, STL, ARI, CLE, WAS, SEA, KC, DET, IND, OAK, MIN

Kyran O'Hurn
    I have no idea how I ended up 10-6 after seeing some of the early scores of the Sunday afternoon games. Really glad some of them decided to make come backs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12