Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Pick 'em 2011: Week 14 (THURSDAY GAME)

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Sunday, Dec 11
    TB (W) @ JAX
    KC @ NYJ (W)
    HOU (W) @ CIN
    NE (W) @ WAS
    ATL (W) @ CAR
    PHI @ MIA (W)
    NO (W) @ TEN
    IND @ BAL (W)
    MIN @ DET (W)

CHI (W) @ DEN
    SF (W) @ ARI
    BUF @ SD (W)
    OAK @ GB (W)

NYG @ DAL (W)

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA (W)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Sunday, Dec 11
    TB (W) @ JAX
    KC @ NYJ (W)
    HOU (W) @ CIN
    NE (W) @ WAS
    ATL @ CAR (W)
    PHI @ MIA (W)
    NO (W) @ TEN
    IND @ BAL (W)
    MIN @ DET (W)

CHI @ DEN (W)
    SF @ ARI (W)
    BUF @ SD (W)
    OAK @ GB (W)

NYG @ DAL (W)

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA (W)

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Sunday, Dec 11
    TB @ JAX (W)
    KC @ NYJ (W)
    HOU @ CIN (W)
    NE (W) @ WAS
    ATL (W) @ CAR
    PHI @ MIA (W)
    NO (W) @ TEN
    IND @ BAL (W)
    MIN @ DET (W)

CHI @ DEN (W)
    SF (W) @ ARI
    BUF @ SD (W)
    OAK @ GB (W)

NYG @ DAL (W)

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA (W)

Survivor: Baltimore

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Sunday, Dec 11
    TB @ JAX W
    KC W @ NYJ
    HOU W @ CIN
    NE W @ WAS
    ATL W @ CAR
    PHI @ MIA W
    NO W @ TEN
    IND @ BAL W
    MIN @ DET W

CHI @ DEN W
    SF W @ ARI
    BUF @ SD W
    OAK @ GB W

NYG W @ DAL

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA W

jjwr
    Thursday, Dec 8
    CLE @ PIT WIN
    Sunday, Dec 11
    TB @ JAX WIN
    KC @ NYJ WIN
    HOU @ CIN WIN
    NE WIN @ WAS
    ATL @ CAR WIN
    PHI @ MIA WIN
    NO WIN @ TEN
    IND @ BAL WIN
    MIN @ DET WIN

CHI @ DEN WIN
    SF WIN @ ARI
    BUF @ SD WIN
    OAK @ GB WIN

NYG WIN @ DAL

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA WIN

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    No Jake Long and Matt Moore is out. We are so screwed.

I didn't see Philly beating Miami and Houston coming back surprised me. I didn't think they had a chance there. I tell you if Shaub hadn't gotten hurt they would be a SB contender.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Okay, we just began the 2nd quarter, we have a 14-0 Lead over the Jaguars, I think we can call it a day.

Kyran O'Hurn
    Well I goofed... Went to check who I picked in this CHI-DEN game and seems I picked noone... So since it's in OT now, if they end in a tie does that count as a tie?

Oh well...

I can't believe the Broncos. I don't believe in a higher power, but if there is one he/she seems to definitely be on the side of Tebow and the Broncos.

On another note Barber better hope he get's to make up for basically costing the Bears the game.

Edit: After that fumble I present tomorrow's headlines today... "Barber cut by Bears"

I don't think God cares about football, because if God does than he is has priorities in the wrong place. And screw Tebow, as a chiefs fan I have an even bigger reason to loath him. They aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. They will get the Steelers or Ravens first and either one will dominate them.

That was simply amazing by the Broncos.

Well, it helped the Bears blew the game. Barber ran out of of bounds giving them 35 extra seconds. Without those 35 seconds they would have never gotten into FG range. And then Barber fumbles the ball at the 30 yard line. Barber is a huge goat right now for the Bears. It sucks for them that Forte is done for the year. The Bears are in big trouble. I could see them losing 2 out of their next 3 games and finishing 8-8. They aren't making the playoffs considering how they played the last two weeks.

Well in just about every close game you can say stuff like that? The Broncos just believe. I mean it sounds hokey, but I really think it comes down to their collective will right now.

I think that stuff will only go so far. I don't see them advancing in the playoffs against the better teams of like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I think they will get their asses handed to them. Talent is an important thing, and they are as talented as those two teams. And if you ask the Steeler and Ravens players they probably believe in themselves. Sure they will make the playoffs, but their better enjoy the experience because it won't last long. I know I sound like a hater but as a Chiefs fan I should be. I have never given any of the other three teams any credit and will always hate them.

For a team that started off 1-4, I think they'd be fine with just making the playoffs.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

The Broncos are winning for 3 key reasons, IMO.

1) Relatively easy schedule... since their bye week, they are 7-1, with wins over Miami, Oakland, Kansas City, the New York Jets, San Diego, Minnesota, and Chicago. Several of those teams were injury plagued at key spots when Denver got them.

2) The Broncos defense keeps them in games. They've done a good job of keeping teams out of the end zone, and generate some turnovers when necessary.

3) Attitude. Tebow, if nothing else, has helped to give the Broncos a "never-say-die" attitude. As much as I think his quarterbacking skill is still very lacking in a lot of areas, the kid has natural charisma and leadership skills that are off the charts.

I agree that Denver, should they hang on and win the AFC West, will likely get destroyed in the playoffs. We could get a preview of this next week when the Patriots go into Denver. However, it's at least an entertaining story for this season.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I italicized my incorrect picks.
    Thursday, Dec 8
    CLE @ PIT WIN - woe unto thee Browns.

Sunday, Dec 11
    WINTB @ JAX - This could go either way with how far the Bucs have regressed but Jax has been bad.

KC @ NYJ WIN
    HOU @ CIN WIN - A toss up. Dre is out on top of all the other Texan injuries. Probably the most unlucky team in football right now.

WIN NE @ WAS - lol Washington
    WIN ATL @ CAR - Carolina's defense is terribad.
    PHI @ MIA WIN - Philly is in disarray and Miami's defense has been playing very well.

WIN NO @ TEN
    IND @ BAL WIN - Unless Baltimore rests a bunch of starters, this is over.
    MIN @ DET WIN - Detroit has big discipline problems but I think their talent can overcome the Vikings.

CHI @ DEN WIN - No Cutler against a nasty Denver defense.
    WIN SF @ ARI - Arizona is a weird, difficult to predict team.
    BUF @ SD WIN - I dunno.
    OAK @ GB WIN - Oakland is who we thought they were.

NYG @ DAL WIN - NFC East is difficult to predict, but Dallas at home.

Monday, Dec 12
    STL @ SEA WIN

wth San Fran.
    Oh dear.

The Chiefs fire Todd Haley
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73447 ... g-team-5-8

This is surprising to me, considering the injuries the Chiefs faced. I thought he get a pass for this season. My guess him and the General Manager do not get along at all. So, now they need to find a new coach. I am sure they will ask Bill Cowher since he was the defense coordinator there years ago. If rejects them, I am not sure where they will go. I think they need someone with more experience this time. I do have to say he did a horrible job preparing this team in the offseason and that could have been a big factor in his firing. I mean they looked awful in their first two games and looked lost. There are also rumors on ESPN that they considered firing him after the playoff loss, which shows they were unhappy with him for other reasons.

Miami fires Sporano not sure if he deserves to be fired. Probably, expect an onslaught of coaches fired. I am sure it is a matter a time for Norv Turner and maybe even Andy Reid.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Sporano is an ok coach but he has an outdated philosophy of ball control which is not very important with the quick strike offenses that dominate the league. It was very telling last year that even though they had 2 touchdown leads in the 4th on New Orleans and Indy that they lost anyway. It is because the Dolphins didn't keep trying to score and Manning and Brees own.

The person they really need to fire is Jeff Ireland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast