Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Pick 'em 2011: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    MIA @ NYG (W) - It would be so like the Giants to blow this game, just to keep the NFC East in complete disarray.
    I narrowed down my survivor pick this week to the Titans and the Giants, and this is why I went with the Titans. Early 14-3 lead for the Dolphins, and it looks like both our misgivings were well-founded.

The Cardinals just had a coup with a strip-sack of Flacco and a recovery at the Ravens 2. Two plays later, Beanie Wells went over the top to give the Cardinals a 10-3 lead. Flacco still looks really off-balance.

Good grief, and now the Cardinals returned a punt for a TD following the worst tackling I have ever seen out of a Ravens team. This could be a disaster for Baltimore.

Kyran O'Hurn
    What the hell is going on today... ARI, MIA, and STL!?!?!?

If Indy was winning I'd call it a sure sign of the apocalypse.

It looks like the Ravens have remembered how to play football, while the Cardinals are a bit slow on the uptake. Unless the Cardinals defense can force a few more big mistakes, I think this one's over.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    So, no one picked the Rams to win? :mneh I hope Arizona chokes at the last minute!

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    And in this week's episode of bizarro NFL the Saints lay a giant egg in St. Louis. What?

Kyran O'Hurn
    I think someone must have forgotten to tell the Saints that they needed to save some points last week.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Suuuuure. Take the sure pick with the Saints... Hell, pick them as your survivor pick... Rams? No way they could lose that. Damn. It.

Sorry, man, that would have been me too if I hadn't already picked the Saints this season...

Aside from a bad interception, the Steelers are looking good so far and doing a great job of keeping Brady on the sideline. Lamar Woodley is on fire and has added two more sacks to his season total. Let's keep it up!

Meanwhile the Bills are massacring the Redskins in Toronto, and Tim Tebow looks like a college freshman against the Lions.

EDIT: Steelers win!!!
    Last edited by Dragon; Oct 30th, 2011 at 05:25:17 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I'm sure there's a tasteless and terrible Christian thrown to the lions joke in there somewhere.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Nice win by the Chiefs. It was ugly, but nice.

Great win by the Chiefs. It was fitting this crazy game would be on Halloween. The biggest story was the fumble by Rivers. I have never seen that happen in a game. The Chiefs are in great shape with Miami and Denver coming into Arrowhead. They are now tied for first.

Any win is nice, but I'm staggered by how many mistakes the Chargers made. I thought their early turnovers were bad, but that last one was an utter farce. The Chargers had the ball deep in Chiefs territory, well within field goal range, with the clock under a minute and the Chiefs with no timeouts, and they fumble it away on the center exchange? What the heck is going on with San Diego? This is self-destruction of the highest order.

Granted, I think the Chiefs got raw deals on two replay challenges that ended with them losing possession. Kansas City has some playmakers in Bowe, Breaston, Hali, and Berry, but they also have a lot of holes. Thing is, this AFC West division is so up for grabs even the Broncos aren't out of it yet. The playoff spot will go to the first team that gets its act together. Right now, though, the Chiefs are the only team to take steps forward over the past two weeks while the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos have all taken huge steps back.

The Chiefs big problem is the running game. Battle is not bad and he should get the ball more. I think Cassel is a good QB and he looked great when it counted tonight. They have 3 great WR in Bowe, Baldwin and Beaston and have three great players on defense with Hali, Johnson, and Flowers. Too bad Charles and Berry are hurt. The Chiefs are looking good, although their schedule worries me especially a five game straight. However, they have 4 winable games and just need to win two others and 10-6 will win the division.

Not sure what the heck is wrong with SD. First, Rivers is not an elite QB, right now I wouldn't put him in the top 5. He has lost many games like this (the Jets game comes to mind a few years ago). I am not sure what the problem is, I am not a big Turner fan, but I am not sure if he is the cause. I do think if they miss the playoffs again he will be fired.

And the tally... let me know if I messed up!

Week 8 Tally

Figrin D'an: 11-2
    Jedi Master Carr: 10-3
    Dragon: 9-4
    Kyran O'Hurn: 9-4
    Morgan Evanar: 9-4
    Nathanial K'cansce: 9-4
    Rutabaga: 9-4
    Yog: 9-4
    Aurelias Kazaar: 8-5
    jjwr: 8-5
    Lykaios: 8-5
    Miranda Tarkin: 8-5
    Ryan Pode: 8-5
    Liam Jinn: 7-6
    Mu Satach: 7-6
    Park Kraken: 7-6

Total Tally

1. Kyran O'Hurn: 83-33
    1. Rutabaga: 83-33

3. jjwr: 82-34
    4. Morgan Evanar: 81-35
    5. Yog: 78-38
    5. Dragon: 78-38
    7. Figrin D'an: 77-39
    8. Nathanial K'cansce: 75-41
    8. Ryan Pode: 75-41
    10. Park Kraken: 73-43
    10. Liam Jinn: 73-43
    10. Jedi Master Carr: 73-43
    13. Miranda Tarkin: 72-44
    14. Mu Satach: 67-49
    15. Lykaios: 67-49
    16. Aurelias Kazaar: 65-51

Survivor Pool

Dragon: ARI, DET, SD, ATL, NO, PIT, DAL, TEN

Liam Jinn: SF, DAL, PIT, GB, BUF, NYJ, CAR, NO
    jjwr: HOU, BAL, CHI, NO, PIT, DAL, SF
    Kyran O'Hurn: BUF, TEN, NO, SD, NYJ, DAL, SF

Ryan Pode: GB, TEN, TB, NYG, NYJ, NO, CAR
    Rutabaga: GB, SD, NO, NYG, DAL, SF
    Yog: DEN, PIT, SD, GB, NYG, DET, DAL, SF
    Jedi Master Carr: GB, PIT, TB, NYG
    Lykaios: PIT, SD, TB, NYG, BAL, DET
    Mu Satach: DET, SD, GB, ARI, BUF, BAL, SF

Seppuku x8 combo!
    Park Kraken: TB, PHI, HOU, JAX, CAR, STL, ARI, CLE
    Last edited by Dragon; Nov 1st, 2011 at 03:41:44 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    The Chargers had the ball deep in Chiefs territory, well within field goal range, with the clock under a minute and the Chiefs with no timeouts, and they fumble it away on the center exchange? What the heck is going on with San Diego? This is self-destruction of the highest order.
    That amazing blunder allowed my buddy to win a $75 dollar gift card last night at the wings sports bar where we watch MNF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12