Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer.

Based on that and some of what I've read recently, it seems like they're injecting much more of the playful sarcastic banter into the character, which is much more what I would expect from a Spiderman movie. Garfield is apparently capable of playing a teenager with emotions without transforming into Anakin Skywalker or Edward Cullen... and since he used to be a gymnast, he's apparently doing a lot more of the in-costume stuff than you might expect; and Spiderman in general is going to be a bit more dynamic and mobile than in previous movies.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

I confess, that was a pretty decent trailer - probably the best one they've put out.

But I still can't get excited for this film. Sorry, just not into Spider-man.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I was initially skeptical about this movie... I actually really like that new trailer.

I think it is a very good trailer and am looking forward to it now. I like it that we get the mechanical webshooters. I never liked the organic ones of the other films. I also like the comical wit of Spiderman which was lacking for the most part in the previous three films. It is also cool we get to learn more about his parents and I bet this will lead to some revelation about Norman Osborn.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Thwip, Thwip!

I saw the new trailer ahead of The Avengers today, and although it looks slick, I still can't muster a lot of enthusiasm for it. It may be that I personally am just not ready for or interested in another Spider-Man movie. Time will tell.

The trailer looks very cool and I love the Lizard. I will probably see it when it comes out.

I am so psyched for this. Saw the trailer ahead of The Avengers and it looks to have all that Raimi's movies lacked (He's quipping! YES!) and looks to have many of the good qualities Raimi's films achieved. July 3rd can't get here fast enough.

Insert usual "not a Spidey fan and not really interested in catching this" comment as per all my other posts.

But I have to give this trailer it's due - it's pretty damn good. In particular I like how they're demonstrating the wisecracking side of Spider-man (the knife scene) and the Gwen Stacy relationship which show an important point of difference from the Raimi/Maguire films (which I think is sorely needed for this version to succeed well). And it looks pretty awesome visually as well. Thumbs up.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Love the new trailer, and got to echo the squees over Peter finally getting some decent quips!

This Marvel/DC video made me LOL.

Poor Spider-man.

I have a confession to make. The more I see the ads for this movie, the more it's winning me over.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Just got back from watching it in 3D with some family from out of town and the father-person.

I am still not a fan of 3D as it did nothing to enhance the movie and actually distracted from certain scenes. Other than that, it was actually not that bad of a movie - and this is coming from someone who was not interested at all in this remake saying "too soon!" all too often. Entertainment value was decently higher than expected, witty quips are well written and decently delivered. Felt a lot darker than the original Spidey movie that came out... what 10ish years ago?

That being said, I would not recommend it in 3D. And I might even hold off until DVD rental.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    "lowered expectations...."

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher

As cool as I hear this new version is, and as much as I was hoping to see The Lizard, I think this movie might be just plain too late. I liked Spider-Man 1 and 2, and I'm not ready for a new version of Peter Parker, yet.

What I really could have gone for, though, was Spider-Man India. I would have loved to see that done up well!

Korax
    I loved it. *is a huge spidey fan* I thought it was great, maybe that's just me? Everything about this Spidey movie just felt right. The previous trilogy was an entity in and of itself, never really felt like a part of the Marvel Universe. This movie feels like I'm watching a spidey comic or story arch. Dunno how else to explain it. I walked out happy!

PS - Best Stan Lee cameo yet? I think so.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

This is a movie without a point. It's inane, goes nowhere, doesn't bring anything new to the table that the 2002 Spider-Man and frankly Marvel and Nolan have completely re-invented superhero movies to a new level that frankly this boring movie doesn't get close to. It's not even close to the 2002 version.

Do yourself a favor, skip this and see Ted. Ted does die in the last 1/3rd but the first 1/3rd to 1/2 is an utter riot of absolute "Oh My LORD they didnt do that did they?!?!" that makes the money well spent. And you get the satisfaction of seeing something with some glimses of originality.
    Last edited by Morgan Evanar; Jul 6th, 2012 at 08:24:51 AM. Reason: nm mistranslation of international misunderstanding.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Hey DT why do you spoil Ted in a thread that has got nothing to do with this movie. Please put it in spoiler tags.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Hey DT why do you spoil Ted in a thread that has got nothing to do with this movie. Please put it in spoiler tags.

What exactly did I spoil, pray tell? It's nothing beyond what you would see in an average non spoiler movie review. And frankly Ted is worth the money, unlike Spider Man so do yourselves a favor.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I think he took your meaning of Ted dying literally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast