Thread: Canon characters

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

X-Men Canon characters

would there be any interest in writing some Marvel or DC threads, as actual canon characters?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Emma Frost or Batwoman

What sort of context are you thinking? Something vaguely along what's already established, or something that lets us and give them our own unique twist - giving DC and Marvel the Fans version of the Batman Begins treatment?

Or maybe one of those crazy, whacked-out multiverse parallel world things, where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different?

I'd totally love to play Iron Man, Colossus, or Green Arrow.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    giving DC and Marvel the Fans version of the Batman Begins treatment?
    Probably this. Preserving the characters core, but putting a twist on it to make it our own.

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Sounds interesting!

I may want to contribute my established mutant characters, but I don't think I know enough about the canon characters to make a legitimate try at it.

I think I'll sit by and let those with more nerd cred than I set the stage first.

Drin Kizael
    Maaaaaaaaayyybe. I'd have to get around the same problems that have been keeping me from writing this character, but I know a few odd tidbits about a comic book character or two that might make for some passable RP.

Given that we have Mutants Unite already, it might be best to avoid the Marvel Universe, just so we don't supercede MU and put people off from writing. We've already had the opportunity to explore mutants and some of the Marvel dynamics; doing DC might be a fun change.

My only concern about DC is Superman. He's quite integral, massively powerful, and probably would be the most difficult for anyone to play, both fairly and well.

It might be interesting to cut him out somehow (I'm sure we could cook up all manner of explanations for why he isn't there). One could argue that Superman is the inspiration for the brightly coloured costumed superhero, and is the one who inspired many other heroes to do the same. He's also the one who convinced the public that superheroes were good guys. Without him, heroes could well be vigilantes who live in the shadows, and certain people - Lex Luthor being the default example - could influence public opinion to percieve them in a negative light, raising the whole "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist" idea.

Maybe the world we're in is a bit of a shambles without Superman - like the Batman Begins version of Gotham - and it isn't until an alternative hero comes along that the vigilantes start getting inspired to become genuine heroes? It might be interesting if Wonder Woman emerged from Themescira at an opportune moment, and she becomes the one who stands for truth, justice, and what not: she's an awesome character, but is less indestructable than Superman, and so would be a good one to inspire some cooperation, teamwork, and Leaguiness.

Just a thought, at any rate.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Cool idea

I figure the story here mostly depends on who people would be interested in writing.

If it's DC, I'd be partial to Hawkman. Been doing a lot of reading around that character lately, and I think I could put a fun new twist on him. Green Arrow would be my cup of tea too - I'm a big fan of the superheroes who don't necessarily have superpowers.

Edit:

And/or possibly Doctor Fate. That could be cool.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Oct 4th, 2010 at 03:12:43 AM.

Drin Kizael
    I could play Superman... but a world without Superman could be an interesting catalyst for an Elseworlds launch. Wonder Woman is the next most likely icon to get the spotlight.

Would that mean no Supergirl or Superboy? Maybe Power Girl really IS the daughter of an Atlantean mystic in this world.

If Jace played Hawkman, then I think I'd have to play Green Arrow because we argue so much already anyway.

Back in the day of MUXs, I played Green Lantern a lot. He would actually be my first choice because his power is amazing fun to write. Granted it was Kyle at the time, but I could write an inexperienced Hal Jordan back when he still had a personality, too.

I figure the part of the villain would rotate with whoever was driving the thread.

Acacius Blade
    I'd sooooo love to play Batman. He's my absolute fave superhero from DC. Mainly because he has no superpowers. That's why Iron man's my favourite Marvel superhero. They're just guys with money who want to help. They rely on their mortal abilities and gadgets/tech to get the job done.

Yeah - dibs on Batman.

Anybody wanna be my Joker nemesis!?

Quote Originally Posted by Acacius Blade View Post
    I'd sooooo love to play Batman. He's my absolute fave superhero from DC. Mainly because he has no superpowers. That's why Iron man's my favourite Marvel superhero. They're just guys with money who want to help. They rely on their mortal abilities and gadgets/tech to get the job done.

Yeah - dibs on Batman.

Agreement to the max. Same reason I'd wanna be Green Arrow. The heroes who rely purely on their brains and guts rather than powers and gimmicks just resonate better with me. I guess it seems more achievable?

I seem to remember some fun Batman / Green Arrow stuff going on at some point. Unless someone fancies playing Robin, might ye be up for a little powerless hero team-up action?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Not me.. I'll try a spin on Poison Ivy though!

Acacius Blade
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Hehe. Whenever I think of Poison Ivy, I'm reminded of the scene in Arkham Asylum where she's in that cell begging to be set free. Any Gotham villains are welcome really.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Unless someone fancies playing Robin, might ye be up for a little powerless hero team-up action?
    Sure!

Are we going with Gotham as a setting, then?

With the presence of Batman, and the absense of Superman, it's probably the most logical / versatile choice, imo.

Drin Kizael
    Gotham would be a good setting. And for those who might want to play a powered character, the JSA brownstone is in Gotham City, too.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Dibs on Batwoman

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Can I be your Quinn sidekick/tag along/girl team?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Hell yes

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast