Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True Blood, Season 3 (June 13th)

What a freak show this season is turning out to be. AND I LOVE IT!

Bloodbath city tonight...in a very strange way, I'm giong to miss Lorena. And the Magister too, he was awesome.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The best part was Tara's face when she realized that Franklin didn't turn into a pile of goo, so... At least, I imagined that was what she was thinking.

Every episode has really been spot on this season, I think. They always leave me wanting moooooore!!

Yes it was a great episode, also Russell is a great villain.

Did anybody else feel like they needed a shower, a cigarette, and a stiff drink after this week's episode? Holy cow!

RIP, Talbot. It really was the best way for Eric to start getting revenge on Russell, but I'm gonna miss the guy. His complaining about it being impossible to get Franklin's brains out of the guest linen was priceless.

Best exchange last night:

"Jessica, it's over." "No way!" "Way."

That was definitely LOL funny.

I hope the TV academy remembers Denis O'Hare's performance as Russell at Emmy time next year. He has been awesome.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

This season has been great all around. I am glad to see that Sam's story is starting to overlap with Jason's, what with the sniffing and the Hotshot inbreds (I'm just guessing lol) knowing immediately that he was a shifter. Certainly points to these meth cooks being more than they appear.

Book spoiler: This is because they're most likely werepanthers or something like that, like Crystal is in the books.

Can't wait for next week, AGAIN.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I love this show. The build up to the last minutes of the show was worth the slow pacing in the beginning

They simply MUST follow Jason's storyline from the books, where he is turned into a werepanther. If they don't do it, then I'll be really bummed out. It does seem like they're moving in that direction, though.

They've done such a beautiful job in adapting the books so those of us who've read them are still left with tons of suspense and surprises. I really applaud the job they've done with it. :clap

WARNING! If you're avoiding spoilers for the third season of True Blood, do NOT look at this post. Close your eyes and scroll past as quickly as you can. Because I am about to post two pictures from the final scene of tonight's episode that I helped myself to when I saw them posted by someone at the True Blood Facebook page. One is very benign, the other is anything but benign.

SERIOUSLY. DO NOT LOOK AT THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILAGE.

I thought tonight's episode was little on the average side. It was almost like the lull before the major shitstorm that was unleashed in the final moments. It's interesting to see that in Eric's quest for personal vengeance, he may have just doomed all vampires. Russell was already a monster, but now he's an insane monster.

Again, I have to say that if Denis O'Hare isn't nominated for an Emmy, it will be a crime. The final scene of tonight's episode, and particularly the final line, were among the best things that have been on this show so far.

Okiedokie, here come the pictures. If you've ignored the spoiler warnings, you have only yourself to blame.

:evil

I loved the last line, and now the weather Tiffany. I can't wait for next week.

My one disappointment is that they killed off Franklin a little abruptly.

Since last night's episode ran long, the Post Mortem video was relegated to online only. It's really short, but pretty hilarious.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

OMG my mouth fell open at the end of this episode. It was... amazing!

I thought initially that Russell was going to kill Nan in the limo while the news was going on, but what happened was SO much better. And the look on her face was like.... OH SHIT.

This didn't happen and the Authority disavows any knowledge of this? Yeah, well, they're going to have to do something about Russell now, don't you think?

I think that Franklin 's death was great. Yay for Jason!

I can't wait for the Hotshot storyline to explode.

I don't think there was any where else the could go with Franklin. So, it made sense they killed him off.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I honestly thought it was a nice call back to Jason and Tara in season 1 He still cares.

As for Nan yes, I was expecting the same too. And naughty Nan. true blood indeed XD

I totally agree that Franklin's story had come to a logical end, so it wasn't surprising they killed him. It just happened so fast in some ways, that's the only thing that I have a complaint about. And it's a minor complaint, outside of the fact that I'm gonna miss that crazy SOB. :evil I also figure it could very well rekindle Tara's crush on Jason.

Now, for the viewing pleasure of people who haven't already seen this at my Facebook page:

EDIT: I guess Photobucket is run by somewhat prudish people.
    Last edited by Rutabaga; Aug 18th, 2010 at 06:46:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Now, for the viewing pleasure of people who haven't already seen this at my Facebook page:

Not working, but I suspect I know what that picture is:

Hubba hubba indeed

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

Wow, I'm surprised Photobucket blocked it. That photo is plastered all over so many websites and is the cover of a magazine that will be available at newsstands all over the country in a short while.

About the Rolling Stone issue, my local supermarket said they may not carry the issue because it's "too risque." But my sister said she heard it may be packaged in a brown wrapper, so we'll see.

On a lighter note, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer got married on Saturday.

As for the episode, for those of you who haven't read the books, you certainly got lots of the answers you were probably craving last night.

The scene with Russell and the male prostitute was super-creepy.

Very good episode did have several major revelations. Can't wait for next week.

This week's post mortem video, Rev. Steve is always good for a laugh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast