Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random TV Gossip

Hybrid View

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

TV Random TV Gossip

Heroes has been cancelled RIP

"Law and Order," "Flash Forward" and "Scrubs" are also Cancelled.

ABC renews V TV series and Chuck for next season
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Oct 22nd, 2011 at 12:00:08 PM.

It was time for Heroes to go, unfortunately. So great in the beginning, with a sadly quick slide into mediocrity.

Same for Flashforward...had a great pilot and then rapidly became a mess. I hate it when that happens . But at least we've had the surreal scenes of James Callis playing a twitchy over-the-top savant type in the last few episodes O_o.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Did I hear correctly that Fringe is picked up for another season?? If it isn't I'll cry. I love that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Did I hear correctly that Fringe is picked up for another season?? If it isn't I'll cry. I love that show.
    Oh God, me too. I think it has quietly become one of the best damn shows on TV.

John Noble needs a fistful of Emmy awards for what he's doing on this show :clap.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

YES - Walter is so so so... amazing. And Walternate... John Noble's acting is just superb and completely believable.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...-third-season/

Yep, it has been picked up for a full 3rd season. And anyone who hasn't watched it, should. Season finale this coming Thursday!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    Heroes has been cancelled RIP

"Law and Order," "Flash Forward" and "Scrubs" are also Cancelled.

ABC renews V TV series and Chuck for next season
    The only distrubing thing here is that V got renewed. FUCK THAT SHIT

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. The show is pretty horrible.

Agreed. A co-worker tells me it got better toward the end, but I just couldn't get past the sloppy storytelling and the truly horrible acting. The original wasn't really that great, it was just fun cheese, but this was just BAD cheese as far as I was concerned.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

I heard Lost was going to end. That could be just a horrible rumor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Agreed. A co-worker tells me it got better toward the end, but I just couldn't get past the sloppy storytelling and the truly horrible acting. The original wasn't really that great, it was just fun cheese, but this was just BAD cheese as far as I was concerned.
    I kept watching it and it did get better the last several episodes. I do think it is better than the original V Tv Series (I am talking about the weekly series that followed the two miniseries). Of course that series was pure awful. I did like the series finale and am curious where they are going. I am sad to see Law and Order go. TV has really changed for me. With the end of Law and Order, 24, and Lost, I think a golden era of TV is over that went from the mid 90s to recently. There is only two shows on now that I care about House and Fringe.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    I kept watching it and it did get better the last several episodes. I do think it is better than the original V Tv Series (I am talking about the weekly series that followed the two miniseries). Of course that series was pure awful. I did like the series finale and am curious where they are going.
    I agree with this. I had some serious doubts throughout the series, especially regarding the writing and the characters. But holy lapdancing batman jesus on a stick, that season finale was awesome to the max. I feel the producers redeemed themselves now, and this is the point where the show is really starting. The whole 12 episode season was basically a prologue.

With Lost going away, that leaves only one regular network series that I watch religiously...Fringe. The rest are all cable...True Blood, The Tudors (which is also going bye-bye by necessity, since Henry VIII only had 6 wives ), Nurse Jackie, Daily Show & Colbert, Ghost Hunters, plus lots of stuff on BBC America. Next year The Tudors will be replaced by The Borgias on my list.

Wow, I really have said "screw you" to the regular networks, haven't I? I really hadn't realized it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    With Lost going away, that leaves only one regular network series that I watch religiously...Fringe. The rest are all cable...True Blood, The Tudors (which is also going bye-bye by necessity, since Henry VIII only had 6 wives ), Nurse Jackie, Daily Show & Colbert, Ghost Hunters, plus lots of stuff on BBC America. Next year The Tudors will be replaced by The Borgias on my list.

Wow, I really have said "screw you" to the regular networks, haven't I? I really hadn't realized it until now.
    I am becoming the same way with mostly watching True Blood, Burn Notice, Leverage and a few other cable shows. The Cable networks are making the better shows right now.

Shows like American Idol, Most Haunted, and wrestling are the ratings leaders on some networks... and it's the renewal of V that surprises you?

It's all down to personal preference, at the end of the day. Personally, I find V and FlashForward as watchable as shows like True Blood or Lost. I'm sure that seems obscene to many of you... but there are very few shows around at the moment that genuinely grab me, so most of what I watch is just passing the time between getting in from work at 10pm, and going to sleep.

For that reason, I'm sad to hear that without FlashForward, I'll need to make the effort of finding something else to occupy me after Glee finishes on a Monday.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Shows like American Idol, Most Haunted, and wrestling are the ratings leaders on some networks... and it's the renewal of V that surprises you?
    We dont get those other turds here (except on highly avoidable channels on cable) so who cares. All I know is that I'll have to edure more ads and promos for that woeful piece of shit while I actually do watch the handful of stuff that is actually tolerable.

Which isnt much. For every Big Bang Theory, there's 20x worthless crap

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

I used to enjoy Law and Order back in the day, but it just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Futurama is finally coming back though. That makes me happy.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Right now the most enjoyable shows that I have been watching this season are Castle, Spartacus and The Clone Wars. All three shows were picked up for another season

I am still waiting for the second half of Caprica's first season. I don't think the long break will help the show getting picked up for a second season.

The more disappointing shows are 24 and the Pacific for me. 24 had a great comeback with season 7 but they could not keep that level. I am a huge fan of Band of Brothers but the Pacific is not working for me. The first 3 episodes were pretty good but the show did not maintain it's level of entertainement.

So this season is nearly over and I am looking forward to hopefully more Spartacus and Castle. Certainly to more Star Wars and Capriac(BSG) as well and I am really looking forward to see the first footage of a Game of Thrones.

Castle only just started airing in the UK; I'm only about five episodes in, but I'm loving it to pieces.

I'm still watching House at the moment. This season seems to be focusing mostly on novelty episodes, and while it's still entertaining, it isn't as compelling as the previous ones, though I can't put my finger on why. Maybe they spent so much time focussed on House's downward spiral last season that it's too much of an anticlimax?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

New fall season starts in earnest tonight: House, Chuck, Castle, The Event, Hawaii Five-0... those are the ones *I* am DVRing, how about you?

Well, I would be recording House but Monday Night football is in conflict with it and the Niners win on that battle. :mneh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast