Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70 minute YouTube review of SW Episode I - TPM

If anyone finds it hard to sit through the full 90 mins (or so) of the entire review, just watch the 3rd video - in that one he pretty much sums up all his critiques about ROTS, the prequels overall and Lucas' filming methods in general. Worth the watch.

Admittedly though I think his TPM review was his magnum opus - his AOTC one plus this ROTS one are also very good but there isn't really anything new gag or joke wise.

One thing I quite enjoyed was how he brought up points I never considered, such as who actually commands the Republican forces (honestly, who???), plus also how awkward it is seeing Padme and Anakin all lovey-dovey on the balcony on Coruscant with everything else business-as-usual barely a day after the planet was attacked and the Chancellor kidnapped.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I don't know why I found it so funny in particular, but I laughed my ass off at the 'tiny Han Solo' section. Just seeing that kid super-imposed on every scene... cracked me up.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post

Admittedly though I think his TPM review was his magnum opus - his AOTC one plus this ROTS one are also very good but there isn't really anything new gag or joke wise.
    But he was more insightful, which to me was far better. He dropped the gags and simply got to work pointing out things that you never thought of - listing the things NOT in the movie that made it better was inspired. Shot/reverse shot also really was a great point as well CAT RAPE and the way he just shows Lucas for being incredibly lazy.

Just so many things he picks up on like Life goes on completely unaffected when there's a war? that should have been changed and you wonder what on earth everyone was thinking. There is a frigging war going on above their heads and Padme is in her luxury apartment as if nothing is going on?!?!? Where's the damage to the planet?!?!?

Plus he didnt target the low hanging fruit of absurdities.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    That fan's name isn't Jon LB is it? I haven't read the article, that's just the first thing that popped into my head lol

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post

Here is a man who undoubtfully has never touched a woman's boob and will die without doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    That fan's name isn't Jon LB is it? I haven't read the article, that's just the first thing that popped into my head lol
    It turns out it was written by Jim Raynor from StarDestroyer.Net.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12