View Poll Results: Should NBC renew "Heroes"?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! There's plenty of life left in the show. Give the producers a chance to turn it around.

5 27.78%
  • Yes, but the network should only grant "Heroes" enough episodes to wrap up the storyline and give loyal fans a decent finale. For once.

5 27.78%
  • No way. Fool us once, shame on us. Fool us twice...and we've switched to another show.

3 16.67%
  • I never watched "Heroes," so I have no opinion.

5 27.78%

Thread: IMDb Daily Poll: Should NBC renew "Heroes"?

Poll IMDb Daily Poll: Should NBC renew "Heroes"?

Starting Monday, NBC's regularly scheduled line-up of primetime series returns -- minus "Heroes" which ended its problematic season early. This leads to the question: Should NBC renew "Heroes"?

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

No opinion.

Although I have watched the show (first 2 seasons) I haven't bothered following it since then so can't really comment on it's present state (though I have heard it got pretty bad, which makes me glad I bailed early ).

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm with Atreyu. I watched the first season and maybe a bit of the second (I can't really remember) but lost interest at some point.

I still watch, because frankly Zachary Quinto would manage to portray a compelling and intriguing character even if he was cast as a tree in an elementary school play.

Things went a bit "wappy" in the middle admittedly; the strike didn't help, and they made some bad calls. But for the current season they've at least managed to get some of the key characters back on track: Sylar is playing half-a-dozen different versions of himself, and it's fantastic; Peter is back to being recognisable as the Peter we loved from Season 1; Matt Parkman got over his moody badass phase, and is now into lovable badass; HRG is still likable, though I'm damned if I can work out why... and some of the plot twists these last couple of episodes have actually shocked me.

It isn't back to where it was before, but they're heading in the right direction again. It's eerily like my experience with Enterprise: good for the first season, iffy for the second, wtf for the third, and then "why didn't they do this instead of that retarded crap last year?" for the fourth.

Hopefully, unlike Enterprise, it'll get a fifth series to carry on trying to redeem itself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I actually enjoyed this last season quite a bit, especially the finale. Wonder what happens next.

The compass man was easily one of the best villains they had for a while. And the cello girl actually had one of the more potent powers in the show. Not to mention some of the other carnival acts, such as the guy who could multiply and the woman who could paint people's desires. The story about Peter and Sylar stuck for eternity together behind a wall was great. Now that Sylar turned good for real and Claire revealed herself to the world, the question is how this will affect things..

Loved the first season, enjoyed the second season, thought the third season sucked so bad that I gave up on it and haven't been back since. What a shame to see something so promising deterioriate so quickly. I say shoot it and put it out of its misery.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    I actually enjoyed this last season quite a bit, especially the finale. Wonder what happens next.

The compass man was easily one of the best villains they had for a while. And the cello girl actually had one of the more potent powers in the show. Not to mention some of the other carnival acts, such as the guy who could multiply and the woman who could paint people's desires. The story about Peter and Sylar stuck for eternity together behind a wall was great. Now that Sylar turned good for real and Claire revealed herself to the world, the question is how this will affect things..
    I completly agree with you. I just wanted to add that Hiro's plotline in this season was special as well. The conclusion of his big quest in season 4 and everything that lead to this point was well written although it was heartbreaking.

My vote is bring this story to an end but make it epic again like in season one and like it was intended for season two before they had to put 4 Episodes into 2.

The only problem is how does a season 5 without Sylar as a villain work? Season 5 would need a big villain that is larger than life and even more badass than Sylar! If they just had not killed of Adam like a stupid mofo...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I say give it another season. We need a super group fighting crime though! Enough with the Company, lets let the supers police the other supers!

Now that they're public, this can totally happen.

Lets be serious though - NBC doesn't have anything better so Heroes is going to be renewed.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    *snickers at the Adam comment* Been saying they SHOULD have gotten rid of Claire instead since...well...they introduced his character. God she's still so damn BORING. Even her way of "revealing" them all was just lame somehow.

Aside from her though, I think this last season really got my interest back. It had some REALLY good moments that proved the writers still can write some awesome plot lines and yes... I'm interested to see where they'll go from where they left off this last season.

So, sure... I'd say give them another reason to see where they'll go next and keep my fingers crossed that they manage to keep it interesting.