Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Story 3 thread

I thought it was amazing too, and thought it ended the series perfectly. I don't think there will be a 4th film, although I have heard there will be shorts released from time to time.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

That'll be good enough. We really dont need a 4th film

Thinking of shorts tho, how good was Day and Night????? My favourite Pixar short is Presto! but Night and Day was really, REALLY clever and oh so well done.

If you are going to see TS3, also stay for the credits. As what is becoming usual for Pixar, the story is epilogued very well.

Finally saw it today, and I'm very quick to admit that I'm one of those people who cried at the end. Seeing Andy reluctantly give Woody up was so sad, but I was also glad to see all the toys go to the perfect new owner. Bonnie is what Andy was in the earlier movies...she will treat them with the respect and love that they deserve.

I'd heard that this movie was darker than the first two, and that is definitely true. I don't think this one is appropriate for really impressionable little ones. The climax at the landfill could scare them a lot.

Flamenco Buzz was awesome, got a huge laugh out of the crowd we were with. (I went with my father, who also really enjoyed the movie.) But perhaps the biggest laugh came with Mr. Potato Head in tortilla form. I swear some people in the theater sounded like they were gonna wet their knickers, they were laughing so hard.

Again, Pixar is going to walk away with the Oscar for Best Animated Film next year. There simply is NO competition.

And we both liked Day and Night as well...a little different for Pixar, and very clever.

Yeah it should win that one hands down. I think it has a great chance at best picture nomination since we have 10 nominees. Up got one last year and TS3 is better than Up.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

The competing studios releasing animated features should be embarrassed how outclassed they are by Pixar every year.

I have not seen TS3 yet, but really look forward to it.

Did you guys see it in 3D? How convincing was that experience?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post

Did you guys see it in 3D? How convincing was that experience?

Unlike Up!, not worth it. A good 2D theatre will be more than fine.

Altho it could have been extremely good as I NEVER noticed it so make that for what you will.

No 3D for me. Not a fan of the technology. It was absolutely fine in 2D.

About the competing studios...yeah, they SHOULD be embarrassed. Almost all the trailers we saw were for animated movies, and ONLY ONE caught my attention enough to consider seeing it. The one about Metroman and Mega Brain, with Brad Pitt and Will Ferrell doing the voices. The rest were totally "meh" to me.

Oh, and BTW, forgot to mention that I couldn't help but giggle at the SW-type moment when Big Baby went all Darth Vader on Lotso and threw him in the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    No 3D for me. Not a fan of the technology. It was absolutely fine in 2D.

About the competing studios...yeah, they SHOULD be embarrassed. Almost all the trailers we saw were for animated movies, and ONLY ONE caught my attention enough to consider seeing it. The one about Metroman and Mega Brain, with Brad Pitt and Will Ferrell doing the voices. The rest were totally "meh" to me.

Oh, and BTW, forgot to mention that I couldn't help but giggle at the SW-type moment when Big Baby went all Darth Vader on Lotso and threw him in the dumpster.
    Gotta love the Star Wars moment that was classic. As for 3D, I didn't notice it but it was good. Probably just as well to see it in 2D though.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I just saw this in 2D. Easily the best movie of the year so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12