Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Thread

Sports College Football Thread

For the REAL football.

Big first weekend of the season kicked off last night. Boise State beat oregon is the game with the most national attention.

But in the game of the night NT beat Ball State ---- ONE AND OH BABY!!!!

LOL not going there. South Carolina also beat NC State not sure if that means anything. One funny thing Clemson plays Middle Tennessee State, the school I am currently at, tomorrow night in Death Valley. I don't think that game will even be close.

You're at MTSU now? We're conference rivals!

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    You're at MTSU now? We're conference rivals!
    Yep been going there for the last year. I know MTSU won last year. NT will be looking for their revenge I imagine

I think we still lead the alltime series 5-3.

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    I think we still lead the alltime series 5-3.
    heh that makes sense, since NT had those really good years not long ago.

One major upset today in Oklahoma getting beat by BYU in part because of their crappy offensive line. Bradford got hurt which probably also cost them any chance to win. Alabama looked very good, and really the game was never that close. They dominated Virginia Tech most of the game, if it wasn't for some problems with special teams and mental mistakes they would have won 40 something to 10. I had mixed emotions with Clemson's win. I was glad they won but felt bad for my current school. MTSU didn't embarrass themselves at least and showed some promise for their season.

I'm not sure BYU beating OU was THAT big of an upset. The MWC has shown the last few years that they're legit. Not to mention BYU was in the Top 25.

Virginia Tech wins games ugly like that often tho. Good win by Bama, the Hokies definitely coulda stolen that game.

Oklahoma State beat Georgia is the other marquee game of the day. OSU looks really, really good IMHO.

Well the game was in OU and they were ranked 3rd I say it was a big upset, although without Bradford they didn't stand much of a chance.

It was actually a nuetral site game(though with way more Sooner fans). I'm not saying it wasn't an upset, it was, but I personally don't think it was a massive one.

I thought it was at OU although it was close to where they play. I didn't watch much of the game actually I was watching Clemson and then the Alabama game.

It was at the new Dallas Cowboy stadium in Arlington.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

BYU was probably a little underrated coming into that game, so props to them for finding a way to win a game in a hostile environment against a more talented foe.

Oklahoma has a few weeks of easier opponents that they should be able to beat handily without Bradford, but I think they pretty much blew a national title shot by losing on Saturday. They have to run the table now to have a chance, and with Texas being even better than last year and Oklahoma State looking pretty good, I have my doubts that will happen.

Let's say BYU and Boise State both go undefeated this year (BYU has some tough games yet, but Boise State's remaining schedule is pretty manageable). Does the BCS find room for both of them?

It would depend on what happens elsewhere.

Miami/FSU just played one WHALE of a game.

Great game between Georgia Tech and Clemson. Jackets get a huge 24 point lead, Clemson fights all the way back to actually go ahead, and then Tech manages to win with under 2 minutes to go.

Best games of the day were the USC/Ohio State classic, the Houston upset of Oklahoma State, and Michigan nipping Notre Dame at the wire.

We're about a month away from the UT game, but I don't care!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mor3ZBsKINI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mor3ZBsKINI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gotta get past the MEAN GREEN first Charley. We're coming for ya!

(Alabama 47 - North Texas 9 is my prediction)

USC just went down to Washington, 16-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    USC just went down to Washington, 16-13.
    Huge upset there.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast