Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redencion House: Gang War TIME

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Well since its already been RPed that he's had contact with Adrian it makes sense that he'd come to the House as himself. So you can have him show up after the 3-11's leave, like in the next thread?

Its up to you
    (I should probably stop switching accounts all the time for no good reason.)

That makes sense; next thread it is then. Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread. I'll give it back now.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    No worries, its all good.

I am wondering how the new Muties in L.A. want to mush into this story? When the Act passes that will affect them directly as well.

Just a thought. We still have to finish RP 1 and get to RP 2 before this is a big deal.

ice, ice, baby

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jenny, still want to bring a La Raza member around?

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Can do! I'll tallk to Kale and Droo about who, exactly.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yay!

I think the police should show up shortly as well - Vipul did call them, even if he never got a chance to say anything, any 911 operator would send at least one car out to investigate such a call, and we can probably assume the neighbors are calling as well, what with all the gunshots.

Good grief its been a while. ANyway, some OOC info about Vanguard's Sentinels, which they will have ready for the state of California to use now that their MRA has passed.

http://i25.tinypic.com/sxhok2.jpg

Equipped with 'non-lethal' weapons as well as lethal, including rubber bullets, weighted net launchers, tranq darts, beanbag rounds, and tear gas.

These will be deployed and used against the La Raza gang first to great success (so says the propaganda), and then used to enforce the Mutant Registration Act by rounding up "rogue" mutants.

They have the genetic scanning technology that Zero has, which lets them identify mutant genomes at close range and reference them against the mutant database.

Well now... this sounds rather troubling for us that have decided to live in LA thanks to mass population anonymity.

...Well, that's the point! Stories need conflict.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to bring together a sort of Underground Railroad for mutants as time goes on, with Redencion House as part of it.

edit: the Idiots Guide to what's going on in Los Santos (the made up area of Los Angeles the House is in)

There are two major gangs operating in and near the area where Redencion House is, in Los Santos: Tres Once (the 3-11s) which is your run of the mill Latino gang of thugs, and La Raza, a mutant gang.

Tres Once was pressuring the House and its members because they hate mutants, and Jake and Aiden went to La Raza to get help/offer the gang a larger operating area. Now there is a gang war going on between the two gangs with the House's neighborhood right in the middle. Right now La Raza controls the neighborhood, but the 3-11s aren't happy about it and are pushing back. Also the California Senate is holding an emergency midnight session to pass the state version of the federal Mutant Registration Act (fed version is no where near to passing)

That's basically it so far...the kids of the house attend regular high school except for Jamie who is too young and is still suspended from her elementary school and being home schooled by Anna.

So Rendencion has thrown in their cap with La Raza in order to keep themselves protected from the other side of the fray?

Well....unofficially. Anna has no idea. Jake and Aiden went behind her back to get La Raza to go after Tres Once.

Also the Brotherhood is offering help to Anna, if she ever needs it. So far she's resisted calling them. The Brotherhood wants the situation to escalate, so they've been working to make sure the area is very unstable.
    Last edited by Anna Fernandez; Jan 31st, 2011 at 12:37:49 AM.

Zero
    On the issue of anonymity: every mutant character will have to make certain decisions regarding how far they'll go to protect theirs.

If you choose the law-abiding route, you will, of course, go ahead and register at an approved hospital or government office and receive the appropriate paperwork and ID. Your mutant status will come up any time you're stopped by law enforcement, any time you're admitted to a hospital, or any time you apply for a government job. You'll be eligible for participation in certain medical studies and will probably receive solicitations and offers of cash stipends. You'll also be available for certain scholarships. Private employers are prohibited by law from asking about mutant status or discriminating on the basis of genetic heritage.*

If you choose not to register, you'll have to be aware of the various ways you can be outed. Major hospitals tend to administer a gene test as a matter of course, at which point you'll be added to the database whether you like it or not. Failing to cooperate with registration at that point will obviously be a criminal offense. Remote testing kits are also being filtered into the police departments, and everyone who's arrested is tested. Neighbors could also provide anonymous tips if they suspect you're a mutant. However, we're a long way from comprehensive, systematic testing, so it's very believable for someone being careful to slip through the cracks for years.

The Sentinels are supposed to be a weapon of last resort, and they carry technology that is not at all typical. Get too close to a Sentinel deployed into a hostile situation, and, yeah, you're pretty much screwed unless you've got a lot of backup or can run really, really fast.

*Hahaha, yeah right.
    Last edited by Zero; Jan 31st, 2011 at 09:52:45 PM.

Julian Davitt
    It had been so long since I'd posted as this guy, I had to guess what his name was. Anywho, I remember being about ready to insert this guy into Rendención House. Would they be willing to take in a 'stray'?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Of course, that's what it's there for.

We could even finish that thread you and I were doing that I lost track of and stopped posting to for I'm sure completely legitimate reasons...

Or if you like we could just start a new one with Aidan showing Julian in through the front door, or even skip ahead a few days with Julian already ensconced in the house.

Julian Davitt
    You know what, I'll just tag this as completed, and we'll have them walking in the door. Cool?

EDIT: Not exactly them walking in the door, but the ride doesn't need to take long. Here it is!
    Last edited by Julian Davitt; Feb 16th, 2011 at 06:54:36 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yay, Julian in the house!

Jennifer Cho
    Ok, some NPC House kids all up in here...

Tess Abrahams
    Lookit all these newbs.

Ronnie Bluth
    Yay Ronnie finally has a face.

Scott Green
    what up, dawg?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast