Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intolerances

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar

Spam Intolerances

I thought it would be fun to list the food intolerances, or the foods that we can't eat without having some kind of an allergic reaction to.

For me, I can't drink straight up milk, although I can handle chocolate or eggnog, or dipping cookies into milk. I also can't handle most kinds of chicken, about the only kind of chicken I can eat without getting an upset stomach is oven baked chicken. All the other cook methods have upset my stomach.

EDIT: I also have a low alcohol tolerance. I can only drink about a single wine cooler or half of one before I have to cut it off or get sick.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I don't have any allergies.. that I know of.

Unless you count tequila. That makes me throw up. But I have to drink quite a lot of it before I oh wait

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I don't have any food allergies.

I dislike sweet and sour stuff though.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Same with Jen here.

Except for the one I discovered and has forever been rather odd to me... which was Hi*C's uhh "Ecto Cooler" flavor.
    How could something associated with Ghost Busters be bad, I thought? But it failed me...
    Got sick as hell...

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    I don't have any allergies.. that I know of.
    Same here.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I have no food allergies but I refuse to eat seafood.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Emelie Shadowstar View Post
    Same with Jen here.

Except for the one I discovered and has forever been rather odd to me... which was Hi*C's uhh "Ecto Cooler" flavor.
    How could something associated with Ghost Busters be bad, I thought? But it failed me...
    Got sick as hell...

I am so intrigued about what this tasted like.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Pork gives me digestive misery.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

The Ecto Cooler was green flavor.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I have lots of food issues, but most of them are texture/smell ones >_>; Milk and tomato sauce usually makes my stomach upset though.

The only weird allergy I have (IMO) is to band-aids.

I have no food allergies, but there are a few things I will decline to eat unless there are mitigating circumstances.

I don't care for cauliflower. I've never had it prepared in such a way that it didn't have the mouthfeel of styrofoam, and that's very offputting. I hear cream of cauliflower soup is okay and it might be, but the whole stuff just doesn't do it for me. That's a shame because Aloo Gobi tastes good at least, and I want to like that dish. I'm sure there's an Indian place out there that makes passable cauliflower, just haven't found it yet.

I love raw oysters, but I generally will not order them at a place that is more than a two hour drive from the coast, because if they're anything other than fresh you're taking a risk. Now, if it's a nice place and they do something crazy like fly them in daily or something, I might do that, but I've never found the urge.

I love caviar / fish roe, but certain kinds are a bit off to me. Flying fish roe, like is common in makisushi, doesn't taste pleasant to me, and is a mess in general. Salmon roe tastes good, but I don't like the big eggs.

"American" cheese tastes like nothing. It's just yellow fat with salt and protein added I think. Pick a better cheese to call "American", since there are a lot of really nice ones that actually are made here.

I can't smell, much less taste cinnamon schnapps without feeling queasy. This is something that stems from a really bad experience about ten years ago.

I used to be allergic to marmite when I was 6 or 7. I carried on eating it though; showed that pesky immune system of mine what-for.

It's not a food allergy, but I am allergic to dust. Feels like my head is going to explode every time someone switches the vacuum cleaner on, or does an excessive amount of cleaning / tidying.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Vodka is my kryptonite but sometimes I can't resist...

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Vodka is my kryptonite but sometimes I can't resist...
    That is unusual. I can't imagine somebody having an issue with vodka unless they had an overall dislike of alcohol in general.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    I can't smell, much less taste cinnamon schnapps without feeling queasy. This is something that stems from a really bad experience about ten years ago.
    Ah, I'm exactly the same. Back in the day, when I first started going out drinking, I used to drink red Aftershock so much because I thought it was a good idea to get so drunk I saw thrice and vomited on churches. What can I say, I was sweet sixteen. Anyway, I reached my elastic limit for cinnamon alcohol tolerance back then and cannot smell it without feeling ill.

Jesimae Lawson
    I am allergic to chocolate. Why? I don't know. Buddy, talk about me not caring, I will eat chocolate anything! Give me a chocolate cake and I will eat the shit out of it...oddly enough...the cake will then give me the shits. TMI? Sorry!! But it is like clockwork, if I eat it not less than five minutes after I have to run to the bathroom and contemplate on what I have done haha!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I am allergic to neosporin.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Most dairy kicks my ass - I've been on medication since I was a kid so I can digest it. Any quantity of meat (or stock made from it) makes me very, very ill - bloating, fever, vomiting. It's grody to the max.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Lactose intolerant checking in.

I really hate blacks and asians.

Wait, wrong thread.

There are very few things I cannot handle. Oddly enough breaded turkey stuffing is one of them. Something about the seasoning used is enough to cause me to reject it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast