Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A jumpstart for Cullen's?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    To be honest, the way I envision this is a little bit like Hogwarts for mutants, and I like the sound of that.

I think it narrows the scope of Cullen's quite considerably; there are student characters around who wont fit into this concept at all. I can't see Anita Florence fitting in with your training program, for example; I'm not sure that Anja Drake would fit in either, nor Damien, Pan and Taya (whose powers are physical, and thus require no "control").

Rather than encouraging universal activity across the board, there's a risk that Cullen's will simply become a "mutant training facility". And if all we care about at Cullen's is training mutants to use their abilities, then how are we actually different from the Brotherhood? Why would someone like Felix Fletcher select one over the other, rather than because he simply dislikes the alternative?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't implement the idea; I can hardly prevent you even if I wanted to. I just feel that if you were a little less totalitarian in the way it's implimented, it wouldn't seem to close as many doors on other people.

But *shrug* - I seem to be the only person with these concerns. Best of luck - hope it works out for you.

Dee Cusiak
    I dunno, I am still going over in my head how Ethan would like someone coming in and basically taking over the way Cullen's is ran in a sense. He would be respectful of Dr. Cullen's brother of course, but he isn't Dr. Cullen

That IC aside, the X-Men comics are mainly focused on power training, but it isn't the sole purpose of the book. It is about relationships etc... just like anything else. This is just setting up a bigger facet of that training.

As Droo said, it's kinda like Harry Potter! They go to school to become Wizards, but they are also going to school. Math and language and all that stuff is woven into their wizardly academics. This is just similar.

Mirror
    I promise to make the transition as smooth as possible and make things very seamless.

Ready when you guys are. I just need someone to make a reply to the thread.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I sent you a PM because I really want to iron out Ethan's place now, since basically he isn't in charge anymore. Unless I am wrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123