Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold February Evenings

Martin Le Roux
    "There are some decent places in Chinatown." It was sort of stating the obvious, but you never really knew.

"Want to see how fast we can get there?" He asked. The Legacy was shod with excellent Nokian snow tires. Martin would behave if Michele told him to.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    Ooooooh! This is exactly what I need. A little bit of danger to make me feel alive. Fast and snow is gonna be slippery fun! We might get into an accident, but seriously, who the hell cares? We're both Immortal. Why not have some fun.

I slam my hand down on door rest in immature excitement. "Hell yeah!"

Martin Le Roux
    Martin shifted into neutral, kicked the clutch again, revved the motor, and shifted into second. The turbo screamed it's high-pitched song, and the boxer motor growled. Michele could feel the car searching for grip with all four wheels, and then the car caught. Both were shoved into their seats. Rooster tails of snow were thrown into the air behind them.

Martin flicked the the car suddenly left, and then right. The nose of the car nearly kissed the curb. With only 3 inches of snow of the road, the Subaru made short work of it. They came up on a car, but Martin eased the car into the opposite lane and passed them. Sixty miles per hour, in the snow, in downtown Chicago. The light turned red. Martin shifted into third. Martin's eyes rapidly flicked back and forth. He feathered the throttle, each car crossing missed them by inches. The boxer motor howled.

Martin looked focused. He slowed a little, from 60 to 70 as a tributary road came up, and red and blue lights flashed.

"Huh." He said.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I shift in my seat and the damn seat belt chokes me. "Urk!"

Pulling the strap down, I look out the back window and sigh. But then a thought hits me. A most uncharacteristic thought of pure and utter joy. "You know what?"

I flash Martin and devilish grin. "Let's see if we can out run 'em!"

Martin Le Roux
    Put simply, the police were outmatched. A 4100 lb, rear-wheel drive car on all seasons with 280 horsepower against a 3400 lb, all-wheel drive, snow tire shod, 400 horsepower turbo with modified suspension.

"I know I can outrun them. They're still on all season tires." Martin said, and slowed the car down more. The police car was gradually accellerating. When it got close enough to read the plate, Martin put the car into a drift, tail toward the curb so he could not. Michelle turned around, grinned at the cursing patrol, and stuck out her tongue.

The back end of the Crown Vic Police Interceptor began to swish as the angry cop accellerated as hard as he could. He'd had enough. Martin tapped the brakes, clutched in, and yanked the handbrake while he turned the wheel straight. The Subaru's weight shifted to the front, and the locked rear wheels swung in a 140 deg. arc around the fronts. The police car sailed past.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I'm slamming the palm of my hand against the top of the car. The adrenaline is all kinds of AWESOME!!

Course I was just slapped into reality when I saw the cop car slam on his brakes, but it was too late. His car slammed into a Mercedes that was parked on the street.

"Ohmyfuckinggod!" I look at Martin with big pleading eyes. "Let's get the hell outta here!"

Martin Le Roux
    Martin shrugged. Michele felt guilty. Martin felt only a little. If the officer had any sort of thought in his head, he would have put together that he was utterly outclassed.

"As you wish." He pointed the car into a smaller back road. After a few seemingly random turns, they were back on a thoroughfare.

"Do you want dinner?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Hah!" My heart is surging through adrenaline and I feel like I'mma gonna crash at any minute. "You mean, do I still want dinner, Mr. Le Roux. And the answer is an emphatic HELLZ YES!"

Martin Le Roux
    "Fine, fine." Martin smiled and rolled his eyes. He was hopeful that Michele would relax some now. Perhaps they could talk after the meal, and he could find out who the mystery woman was.

They pulled up to the chinese resteraunt. It wasn't empty, but given the recent snowfall, it wasn't full, either. The hostest seated them in a corner, three tables away from any other patrons. Most of the conversation was at low volume, except for an occasional laugh.

After they had settled in, a waiter arrived with the wine list.

"I'll have a glass of 2000 Turnbull Merlot." Martin said. "And the lady may have whatever pleases her."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "I'll just have a Diet ..." I stop, frown and then pucker my lips. "You know what, I could really use a beer. Any Sam Adam's on tap?"

"We have the Winter Lager if that's all right."

"Perfect! I'll take that."

"I.D. please," he asked with a smile. I don't mind. I do look like I belong in High School. I give him my driver's license all proud that the under 21 crap is gone! Finally legal to drink!

"Ok, I'll get those ready while you look over then menu."

SHRIIIIIIIIIMP! I want shrimp. I scour the menu for shrimp with the top of my head barely peeking over the menu. I mean, this is a serious decision. Shrimp Lo Mein? Sweet and Sour Shrimp? Subgum Shrimp Chop Suey?! Sea Food Combo! Shrimp Almond Ding! Help! Going into shrimp brain overload!!!

Martin Le Roux
    Martin watched Michele deliberate over what to order. The waiter returned a few minutes later, beer and wine in hand. Martin ran his glass under his nose. Excellent. He gave the waiter a sympathetic shrug.

Much hrming and hmm and umm came from behind the open menu.

"I want... no... I want sweet and sour shrimp!" Michele declared. Martin gave another smile and a shrug.

"For you, sir?" The waiter asked.

"I'm fine, thank you."

Michele was on the last bit of energy one had before they either ate or became very tired. He watched her fidget with the utensils, and then see the beer.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My eyes linger on the blessed alcohol a bit dreamily and then feel my head jerk. That kinda jerk that tells you, hey dumb ass! Stay awake before you faceplant into the table!

Yawning, I stretch my arms and arch my back. It felt so good to wake up them tired muscles. Martin's watching my every move like I was a specimen. I hate it when he does that.

"What?" I say bringing my arms and sipping the beer.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Feb 10th, 2009 at 12:26:29 PM.

Martin Le Roux
    Martin shrugged.

"I haven't seen you in a while." That was supposed to explain everything. When you're around for 300 years, you get odd habbits. For those who knew what he actually was, that was good enough. The rest of his body language said that he was a bit worried.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Yeah, but I dunno." I lick my lips and prop my head on the counter with a hand. "You have this thing I can't quite place. Like something's up."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12