Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leg It!

Denton Jax

Leg It!

A short burst of blaster fire echoed out through the walkway, followed swiftly by an excited, whooping cry.

"Hey, I just need some money for food, guys! You need to chillax!"

Another round fizzed past Denton's face, burning a hole through the peak of his hat. He was backpedalling - well, backskipping, really - hopping around and trying to keep out of the sights of the two blasters that were tracking him. Two particularly disgruntled Bothans were chasing him down.

Spinning around - with a hand on his hat to keep it in place - Jax darted off, leaning into the corner and pounding the duracreet ground as fast as he could. Level 132 of Port Town in Cloud City hadn't proved particularly fruitful for the youth.

He whooped again as another shot rang out behind him, landing in the ground a few feet in front of him. He hopped up theatrically as if trying to jump a hurdle - arms and legs akimbo - running with a cheeky swagger that seemed almost just for the purpose of teasing his chasers.

Denton weaved around into another walkway, and the moment he was out of sight, he plucked the hat from his head and planted it on a nearby human. That done, he dodged to the side, grabbing another passer-by by the shoulders and pushed them up against the wall. He forcefully locked lips with the stranger, closing his eyes and hoping the Bothans would overshoot him.
    Last edited by Denton Jax; Jan 16th, 2009 at 10:32:00 AM.

Tegan
    "Mmmmmmmmpppphhh!!!!"

:: Tegan's scream was muffled as Denton's mouth assaulted hers, and she squirmed to ger free of him. Her eyes widened as blasterbolts whizzed by, and she felt his tongue in her mouth ::

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!"

Denton Jax
    "There! With the stupid red hair!"

The Bothans growled, Denton's plan having failed. He pulled away from the blushing young woman, flashing her a grin, and catching her by the wrist. He made eye contact for a brief moment, before hauling her with him as he moved across the walkway to collect his hat from the confused human. As soon as he did so, blaster bolts dotted the space Tegan had been standing in just a second or so ago.

Snatching his hat, Denton replaced it on his head, holding it in place as he pulled the girl in after him, darting away from the Bothans and into the nearest open turbolift. He thumped the controls as they entered, the doors sliding shut behind them.

"Ha, not quite as planned" he said, turning to the bewildered Tegan. He bowed down slightly, lifting her wrist to kiss the back of her hand with a wink.
    Last edited by Denton Jax; Jan 17th, 2009 at 04:21:46 PM.

Tegan
    :: She blushed, pulling away as though his lips burned her, and brought her hand across Denton's face so hard it left finger marks ::

"HOW DARE YOU???!!!"

Denton Jax
    Denton gasped, his hat jumping off his head and down to the floor. His head snapped around with the force of the slap, the youth poking his tongue into the assaulted cheek and eyeing the girl cautiously.

"I guess that makes us even, eh?" he quipped, an impossible grin spreading on his face as he stooped down to collect his headwear.

"You know, I've been nothing but nice to you" he continued, wagging his finger at her as he pulled on his hat. "Alright, admittedly I nearly got you shot...but hey, here you are! Fresh as a daisy! You could have done worse than me, lassy."

Tegan
    "My name is Tegan." she replied. Her lips still tingled. It was a wonderful kiss, but she was too angry to admit it.

"Why are those Bothans after you?"

Denton Jax
    "Oh, you don't wanna hear about that" he replied with a dismissive wave, but her gaze told him otherwise.

"Well, look, it ain't anything bad. I just...tried to lift one of their pockets..."

Denton chewed his lip briefly, rubbing his sore cheek.

"Haven't eaten in a bit, you know how it is."

He shrugged, not once letting his chirpy expression drop.

"Denton. Or Jax. I would have said sooner but...well, you know. You tried to knock my face off."

The red-head looked up at the display, figuring it might be helpful to work out where they were headed. Upwards, by the looks of it.

"Quite an arm you got there, Tegan" he said, running his tongue along his teeth to double-check they were all present.

Tegan
    :: Tegan rolled her eyes ::

"I could turn you over to them."

:: Her face took on a wicked expression ::

Denton Jax
    "Aha!" he exclaimed. "Yes, you could."

Denton moved to the back of the elevator next to Tegan, leaning against the side.

"But what purpose would that serve, my lady? There's a good chance they think you're in cahoots with yours truly here" he explained, resting a hand on his chest. "And your fate will be no better than my own."

He paused for a moment, then wagged his finger at her again.

"And I know for a fact..." he said, leaning closer and lowering his voice to a whisper. "...that they don't kiss like me."
    Last edited by Denton Jax; Jan 20th, 2009 at 09:07:59 AM.

Tegan
    :: Her cheeks burned again, and she punched him in the arm defensively ::

"Shutup!"

:: The elevator stopped, and she slipped out as soon as the doors opened. It was getting too warm in there ::

Denton Jax
    Jax chuckled heartily as she made her exit, following her briskly out into the street.

"Land of opportunity, Tegan! Chances to make it everywhere."

They had emerged on one of the highest levels of the city, where the rich dwelled and entertained themselves. It was a warm night, flourescent signs flashing about everywhere and casting the dull walkways in rainbow colour.

Denton slid passed a small crowd and around to Tegan's side, walking with confidence, despite his tatty appearence amongst the elite of Cloud City.

"So what's with you? You don't look like the normal type that hangs in Port Town. Far too..."

He sniffed the air, glancing down at her.

"Clean. Yes clean. A positively shining star amongst the dregs of that foul place. Must be destiny, you know, us meeting like this" he finished, giving her a gentle nudge.

"Yeah, must be."

Denton recieved a nudge back, far less gentle than his own, and it came from the young man who had just spoken and now occupied his place next to Tegan. He draped his arm around her and gave her a wink.

"Alright, kid," he said playfully, "Pleased teh see me?"

Tegan
    :: Tegan laughed happily, and glomped Kallum to feel safer from Jax. Maybe now he'd take the hint. She belonged to Kallum ::

"Hello Kallum!!!! I'd like you to meet our new friend..."

:: She looked at Jax a bit haughtily, and let him introduce himself to Kallum ::

Denton Jax
    Denton skipped ahead of the two, turning to face them and pacing backwards.

"Oh..." he piped, a little confused, before realisation hit him. "Oohhh!!"

He gasped, lifting a theatrical hand to cover his gaping mouth.

"Oh, well, this all makes sense now. My lips are sealed, I swear. I don't kiss and tell" he teased, drawing a cross across his chest with a slender finger and winking at the pair.

"'oo are you?" he asked, giving the red-haired boy a scathing once over, "An' wha're yeh talkin' about?"

He glanced at Tegan and quickly muttered, "Wha' is 'e talkin' about?"

Denton Jax
    Denton let out a short, sharp laugh, turning and falling into line with Kallum, throwing an arm around his shoulders.

"Denton Jax's the name" he chirped, strutting alongside his newest rival. "Don't worry yourself with it. Focus on the here and now. That's what really matters, right? But!"

Jax released Kallum, sliding around smoothly to the opposite side of Tegan, stooping down so his head was next to hers, keeping eye contact with Kallum.

"Do you want to tell him, or shall I? It would seem a shame to deprive the curious lad".

Tegan
    :: Tegan gritted her teeth, but thought fast ::

"Jax stole something from the Bothans. He's offered to share it with us in return for hiding him."

:: She smiled sweetly at him ::

"Isn't that right, Jax?"

Denton Jax
    Despite the unexpected reply, Jax's grin remained perfectly in place, delighted with the girl's spirit. There was certainly much more to her than had first anticipated, and something relaxed in him, certain that she wasn't keen to see him on the end of some jealous frenzy from boy wonder next to her.

He pulled away from Tegan, checking his pockets for anything of value, having stolen nothing from the Bothans before they had found him out. Still, he had stolen something much more valuable from this charming creature.

"Why, of course!" he replied, moving behind the pair and resting an arm on each of them, and placing his head where Kallum's arm extended across to Tegan. "This little sweetheart offered to...put me up, for the night. What a generous soul she has. Ain't that right my man?"

His fury at the boy's patronising antics was so palpable he could taste it in his mouth but at the mention of stolen valuables, his rage rescinded and the tension eased from his shoulders. He watched him eagerly, the boy couldn't keep still for a second and before he knew where he was, he was draped around his shoulders.

"Yes, generous..." he muttered, somewhat bewildered, and craned his neck to make eye contact with the red-haired nuisance, "Can yeh... gerroff me? Dis is a new jacket!"

Tegan
    :: Tegan grew impatient ::

"So do you have the goods or not? Those Bothans weren't chasing you down for no reason!"

:: She stood hands on hips and scowled at Jax ::

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast