Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dexter (new season starting: September 26, 2010)

Tiercel Habrok
    It was an excellent twist and totally unexpected. I thought that Rita and Harrison would probably end up the target of whoever is the next season's main villain, but I had no idea they would kill Rita off so soon. I wonder how Dexter will cope without her? Does this mean he is going to get sole custody of Aster and Cody?? How will he juggle killing with raising three traumatised kids?!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I cried. I mean... the baby... in the blood of his mother... It was too much for me.

Poor Dexter. I can't imagine where they're going next season. I just feel so so sooooo bad for him. All that cautious optimism about maybe finally being rid of his Dark Passenger and then Rita...

oh what a tangled web I weave

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Tiercel Habrok View Post
    Does this mean he is going to get sole custody of Aster and Cody?? How will he juggle killing with raising three traumatised kids?!
    I'm guessing Rita's mother might start some sort of custody battle, because she did not like Dexter very much. She'll probably blame Dexter entirely for her death, yet she won't know exactly how right she is about that. Dexter is going to have a problem explaining why the Trinity killer went for his wife, beyond being some grunt working for Miami homicide. The delicious irony would be if he somehow ends up with the custody of all 3 kids, and he'll have to juggle between his job, hunting serial killers without getting caught and taking care of the kids. That is like 3 full time jobs right there. He is not going to handle that well, and the Harry voice is going to let him know, and it's either going to drive Dexter insane, get caught or force him to let go of one of those 3 fulltime jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Poor Dexter. I can't imagine where they're going next season. I just feel so so sooooo bad for him. All that cautious optimism about maybe finally being rid of his Dark Passenger and then Rita...
    I think it's just going to roll downhill for Dexter. He lost Rita, and now his baby has come to the world the same way he did. Like father, like son. At some point, he is going to face the awful dilemma how to handle that. I mean, is his son going to carry some of his genes, have the same mental trauma in the subconsciousness, and have the same urges as him? Will he eventually have to teach him the same way Harry did to him..? The cycle is complete!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well Harrison is a lot younger than Dexter was, so he shouldn't be able to remember this. Of course, growing up and finding out about it later could mess him up.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Oh, and Dexter was nominated for several Golden Globes - Best TV Drama, Best Actor TV Drama (Michael C. Hall) and Best Supporting Actor TV Drama (John Lithgow).

If John Lithgow doesn't win this there's no justice in the world. He was amazing. Amazingly NAKED

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    *deep breath*

I am in total utter shock that they killed Rita o_o COMPLETE AND UTTER SHOCK. I always thought she balanced him out nicely. They were both kinda effed up and yeah she got on my nerves at times but whenever Dexter had one of his genuine "I want this to work... and not just for cover." moments I always was all "awwwwwwww" but yeah... seeing Harrison in the blood was all "Oh he has to be dreaming...he has to be.... ;_____;" I totally almost cried. lol

It'll be interesting to see how that ending is handled for next season.

Poor Dexter.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I *did* cry.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Thoughts after having a day to chew it over... ha ha.

I think my biggest interest now leading into the next season is where they will pick up the story. Between the last two there was a decent chunk of time, Harrison was born and I believe was at least a year old at the point we came in this season. I wonder if they'll let time pass... or if we'll pick right up maybe just the next day. I kinda hope so... I'd love to see how Dexter is going to answer to Trinity killing Rita when it comes to the police/FBI investigation. Not that Trinity was particularly affiliated with any of his victims but Rita didn't exactly fit his pattern for the bath tub victims either.

I guess they could write it off as when he came in and pretended to be a visitor, saw the board, saw the progress they were making, could have believed they were "on to him" and Angel saw him and Dexter talking so he could have gotten Dex's name/home info/etc as a random thing through that way and killed Rita more as a target linked to Miami Metro as a bit of a eff-you to them in general rather than a personal attack on Dexter. It's not a stretch to believe they could start thinking along the lines of he found out who was working on his case through his daughter's info that she had through Quinn and from there he found out who had a family/who would be good to target to send a "message" to the entire station without actually killing one of their own.

....I thought about this far too much. I congratulate the writers on making me care that much. lol

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/interview.do

Season end interview with Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow - its GOOD!

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I bring this thread alive!!!!

Finished season 4 literally minutes ago. As someone that has watched season 1-4 in the previous months, I have an appreciation of seeing all the pieces fit together from day one and wow. This series is amazing.

I have no idea what's going to happen with season 5 after everything that happened

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Julia Stiles, Jonny Lee Miller and Maria Doyle Kennedy are joining the cast for season 5 :3 awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12