Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Caveat Invidia

Cneidon Mako
    Regaining his proper attire, Mako buckled his cuirass, and slung his feather-crested helmet atop his head.

He allowed himself a moment to glance at Erifa, and smiled flippantly, no longer burdened to put on airs.

"Is this little one your child, Fyrian?"

The dozen accompanying Necian guard, now mounted and armored, slowly assembled behind them, as the group readied to ride out.

Both Fyrian and Erfia replied in unison with a firm 'no', each looking at the Imperator.

"She is Denetion's, not mine."

Fyrian's horse pawed at the ground, sensing its' rider's restlessness. Steadying the animal with her reigns, the Glaucan woman gave Mako a neutral stare. For a brief moment she looked back at the rest of their small group, but it wasn't long before her eyes were on the Imperator once more.

Cneidon Mako
    "So you say."

With a smirk, Mako drew up the reigns.

"Lead on, Fyrian."

The sun was on their backs, and there was plenty of daylight ahead for them to ride along."

Nudging her horse forward, she sighed, her shoulders falling only somewhat. He could think whatever he wished about who Erifa's birth parents were; it bothered her none.

The girl, however, was far more vocal about the matter as they started away from Peer.

"She has as much a chance of being my mother as you do of being my father."

A sour face was sent in his direction.

"And if I was your child, I would slit my own wrists to be rid of you."

Cneidon Mako
    "Were I but to adopt you..."

The Imperator growled out with acidic disdain, as the riders picked up speed. With any luck, this expedition would find its prize quite soon.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678