Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: A study in Mutant Education (Cullen's, etc)

Freight Train
    "Ice Queen's powers spazzed out."

Freight Train walked easily across the ice, which crunched and broke beneath her feet as she walked with purpose across the patch. She was dressed in a red basketball uniform; the outfit she had designated specifically for this powers class. She stood with hands on her hips in the sheet of ice, watching other people struggle to keep their footing.

"Hooray, forceful feet! I'm walking on the floor, and not the ice," she boasted. "What'd you do to deserve powers class punishment, Goggles? You mess up Cato's class?"

As he placed the last sign, John assumed a tolerant smile. "It isn't a punishment, Miss Wagner," he said. "Though we still have to talk about that incident in the cafeteria - oh, sorry, hello there."

He turned to reach out his uninjured hand in Stern's direction - his left hand, which made it a little awkward. "You must be Michael Stern from Eastern State? My name is John Rhee. I teach physical education and mutation development classes. I understand you'd like to sit in today."

Stern
    Stern easily turned his hand over to shake the instructor's hand. "Yes sir, I'm doing some research on mutants in the educational system."

He found his footing and grounded himself properly. "It was my hope to see one of the powers education classes at the least. Of course, being a mutant I was also hoping to participate and not merely watch. There's not terribly much that I can think to do with my powers at the moment and I wanted to see what I could learn about myself."

John nodded amicably. "Certainly! Though I do have to tell you, our group classes are only part of the instruction we offer - we also hold one-on-one sessions that are tailor-designed for each student. That way we can be sure each student is getting the individual attention he or she needs. We've also found it can be a much less intimidating environment for students who aren't yet comfortable using their abilities in a social setting."

Stern
    "I think I can manage the a group session ok. I'm not too worried about the other kids picking on me. Although I might try contacting you for a solo class during the summer if I can."

Stern looked over at Freight Train. "I didn't realize that you were attending this class. Are they fun?"

Freight Train
    She was so taken aback at being called by her given name in front of everybody that she couldn't even protest it. She fumed a little as she waited, and it colored her speech as she answered Stern's question.

"Fun? Oh yes, it's fun. Breaking things is very fun," she snapped.

Stern
    Stern nodded. "Well, I'm not sure how much I will be breaking, but it'll be fun all the same."

He returned his attention to Dragon. "Sir, where do these classes take place?"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345