Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Super Bowl XLII

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I don't mind so much Brady or Manning throwing a fit on the field. They are players expressing frustration of their plays in the moment. I expect more maturity from the coaches. What I do mind is unsportsmanlike conduct or showing disrespect towards your opponent (like shrugging off a handshake, walking out the field with 1 second on the clock or blatant cheating to name some examples). Also, in the comparison of Manning and Brady, the former knows to show some humility, while the latter reeks of arrogance.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

QBs are the leaders of the offensive team... the truly great ones are as much excellent field generals as players with top level ability. When a play is messed up, it's part of their job to make sure the same mistake doesn't happen again. If the mistake it the QBs fault, they own up to it and make the necessary adjustment.

Guys like Brady, Manning, Favre, etc, yelling when a play goes awry isn't a bad thing. It's part of what comes with being a top level quarterback. I don't see it as a big deal.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    I'm not against "yelling" per se, legit "what the frack was that" moments and one has to yell a bit on the field to be heard...

I'm more anti what looks like a 3 year olds temper tantrum. It irks the snot out of me when I actually get the time to watch a game to see that.

jjwr
    Also, in the comparison of Manning and Brady, the former knows to show some humility, while the latter reeks of arrogance.
    LOL....thanks for the laugh, thats the funniest thing I've read in a while. Don't mistake overexposure for humility or someone avoiding the limelight for Arrogance.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Quote Originally Posted by jjwr View Post
    LOL....thanks for the laugh, thats the funniest thing I've read in a while. Don't mistake overexposure for humility or someone avoiding the limelight for Arrogance.
    Always glad to entertain

Quote Originally Posted by Mu Satach View Post
    Yes, and I hate the Colts too.
    Montana and Elway did the same thing so I guess you hated them too. All the greats who are used to winning act that way and I can understand it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    I thought Belichick leaving the field with 1 second left was completely disrespectful. Yes, it was only 1 second and we all knew Eli would take a knee, but still, to turn your back on the team that just whupped your hiney truly is the sign of a sore loser. I can't imagine any other coach in the NFL who would have done that. Heck, I was surprised that he even congratulated Coughlin, I thought for sure he'd just mumble at him and give him barely a handshake or something.
    I can't agree with this kind of reaction. When that last pass fell incomplete, most everyone on the field thought the game was over. The Giants rushed the field, and the Patriots left it. Bill Belichick ran across to shake hands with Coughlin and then turned to go into the locker room. It took the refs a few minutes to clear the field so the Giants could run that final play.

If Belichick's already in the tunnel, does he really need to come back out and shake Coughlin's hand again? I really don't see anything wrong with what he did. He wasn't effusive in his congratulations, but, as far as I can tell, he paid appropriate respect to his victorious opponent. I don't like Belichick any more than the next guy, but I think some people are just looking for excuses to rag on him.

JMK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    If Belichick's already in the tunnel, does he really need to come back out and shake Coughlin's hand again? I really don't see anything wrong with what he did. He wasn't effusive in his congratulations, but, as far as I can tell, he paid appropriate respect to his victorious opponent. I don't like Belichick any more than the next guy, but I think some people are just looking for excuses to rag on him.

Yes, he does. Period. He is not to leave the field until the clock reads 00:00. Not 00:01. People have labelled him a classless man, and I tended to believe that, with plenty of evidence I think. When he had the chance to show that he actually had some class, he turned tail and ran. It's not like he had a big speech for his guys. All we was going to tell them was to "go home". What was the rush to get to the locker room? He's a petulant, self-absorbed jerk. The ref had his ear as he was running away, and I'm sure he was telling him that the game was not over, but Belichick, like the arrogant knob that he is.

He has a duty to represent his team and his owner in a positive manner, and just because he wins a lot more than he loses does not mean that he should act that way. It's just pitiful for a grown man to behave that way. I hope Spygate II comes crashing down on him again. He'd deserve every last bit of shame that may come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post

Yes, he does. Period. He is not to leave the field until the clock reads 00:00. Not 00:01. People have labelled him a classless man, and I tended to believe that, with plenty of evidence I think. When he had the chance to show that he actually had some class, he turned tail and ran. It's not like he had a big speech for his guys. All we was going to tell them was to "go home". What was the rush to get to the locker room? He's a petulant, self-absorbed jerk. The ref had his ear as he was running away, and I'm sure he was telling him that the game was not over, but Belichick, like the arrogant knob that he is.

He has a duty to represent his team and his owner in a positive manner, and just because he wins a lot more than he loses does not mean that he should act that way. It's just pitiful for a grown man to behave that way. I hope Spygate II comes crashing down on him again. He'd deserve every last bit of shame that may come from it.
    Actually the clock read 0 and then 01 than 0 again it took a few minutes for the refs to figure out there was still time left. Of course I shut the game off at that point. I can't stand the Giants so I couldn't take watching them celebrate. Also there won't be a spygate 2. The NFL has said it is over. Who cares what Arlen Spectar says. Spectar is a jerk. There are more important things that a football game. We got people dying in Iraq, the stock market is crashing, people don't have insurance, the environment is a wreck, and all Specter cares about is if there was cheating going on in the NFL.

JMK
    But at least his name is back in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    But at least his name is back in the news.
    LOL you mean Spectar? That is probably why he is doing it. Typical politician

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Michael Silver at Yahoo! Sports rates SBXLII as one of the best ever:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    Michael Silver at Yahoo! Sports rates SBXLII as one of the best ever:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    I am not sure about that. I still think the Rams, Titans game was the best I have ever seen. Although I am biased and probably would rank the 49er-Bengal game the best. It had one of the best finishes ever.

JMK
    If there's a poll out there and a large market like New York votes on this being the best ever, and all the people that were ecstatic to see the Pats lose voted on this as the best ever...then guess what? It will be perceived as the best ever. I don't know if I agree with that. It depends on what your definition of "best" is. I think this was the most dramatic Super Bowl that I've ever seen, but I don't know if it's the best played game I've ever seen.

I would say best played was probably Rams-Titans. That was a great game. I remember that because I didn't really care who won and I was into the whole thing. If I had to vote I probably say SB 23 but I am biased and still think Montana was the greatest ever.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

I have to agree with Carr, Super Bowl XXXIV (Rams-Titans) was probably the best game. Literally a half a yard made the difference.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456