Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Changing Hands

Trevor Smokey
    "I don't think I'd have the strength to deal with it like that" Trevor said, taking a sip of wine, cigarette hanging loosely in his left hand. "It's a tough one. It's not like falling for another immortal is easy either. There's the Game to think of. But mortas are just going to die anyway, and..."

He paused for a moment in thought.

"Things look pretty lonely if you think of it like that" he frowned.

Nikoleta
    "Yes," she nodded and mirrored his frown. "It is up to you what you wish to do with your Immortality. I can teach you how to live and offer words of advice, but only you can decide what your life will be with the years given to you."

Trevor Smokey
    "I'll work something out. Not like I'm hard pressed on time to think."

Trevor took another drag of his cigarette.

"What was it like for you? After your first death?"

Nikoleta
    "It was quick, thankfully." Her eyes grew distant and the youthful exterior became hardened. Green orbs danced agelessly as she recalled her first death. "The year was 431 B.C. and the Peloponnesian War had resurfaced. The Athenian armies were at war with Sparta once more. A war of trade now. Sparta had grown jealous of Athen's good fortunes.

My city was caught in the middle and while I was helping to evacuate, I received a javelin through the heart. I died instantly."

Nikoleta felt a pang in her heart, remembering a time that was far simpler and brought her much joy. The weight of so many years weren't pressing against her heart so painfully.

"When I awoke, I was confused and scared, worried if my friends and family had escaped safely but an Immortal by the name of Methos was there to guide me as soon as our eyes met. I remember that feeling all too well, which is why I try to be there when an Immortal wakes up for the first time."
    Last edited by Nikoleta; Feb 7th, 2008 at 09:08:20 AM.

Trevor Smokey
    "Blimey."

Trevor wasn't sure how to reply. Instead, he drained his glass, replacing it on the table and stubbing out his cigarette. He let out an involuntary yawn, moving across the room and slumping in a chair.

"I'll sleep well tonight."

Nikoleta
    "Yes, you're going to need your rest." She finished her glass and retrieved her sword and coat. "Tomorrow we begin again."

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor pushed himself up from his seat, leading Nikki to the door and pulling it open for her.

"Whenyou say tomorrow...how early, do you think?" he asked, praying silently in his mind.

Nikoleta
    "Hmm," she looked at her watch. "It's late. Let's say noon."

Trevor seemed relieved. "Goodnight."

And she left.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234