Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crisp Air in a Smokey Throat

Trevor Smokey
    The ex-cop pounded the pavement steadily.

"So what do you find to do over an enternity? The world must get pretty boring after a while" he enquired.
    Last edited by Trevor Smokey; Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:32:08 AM.

Brigid Cassidy
    "I don't slow down. Never slow down. The second you buy into that Anne Rice crap it's over."

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor raised an eyebrow. He'd never read those books. The film, of course, he had seen, but he knew people always said that films aren't as good as books. Trev just nodded and stuck a grin on his face.

"You seen much of the world?"

Brigid Cassidy
    "Been around it, more than once. That's another thing you'll learn to do. Every couple of decades, you'll need to move on."

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor nodded.

"Not suprised. I guess you get pretty sick of places. What about people though? I mean, how long have you known Fiona?"

Brigid Cassidy
    "People tend to look at you funny when you haven't aged in twenty years."

:: Her expression became feline as she reflected ::

"We go back about a thousand years. I've known her most of my life."

Trevor Smokey
    "I see" he replied as they continued to run. "You, uh, killed many others?" Trevor asked after checking no-one was in earshot.

Brigid Cassidy
    "I haven't lasted this long by hiding." she replied. She picked up speed again, bored with the lazy pace Trevor was making.
    Last edited by Brigid Cassidy; Dec 10th, 2007 at 07:38:11 AM.

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor groaned, coaxing his legs into faster strides to keep up with Brigid.

"You, get power, right, from killing the others? What does that mean, exactly? Strength, speed and all that jazz?" he asked.

Brigid Cassidy
    "Yeah. Everything we are goes to the victor. The ones coming after you will be older, more experienced. That's why I'm pushing you so hard."

Trevor Smokey
    "Fun fun fun" Trevor retorted. "Better start getting good with that Falcata pretty soon."

His breath was getting noticably short now, but he was determined to keep going. He wasn't exactly fond of the idea of getting his head lopped off.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: She eventually slowed to a stop, and leaned against a tree ::

"Not a problem. You'll be training with that everyday."

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor leant over, bending his knees and pressing his hands against them as he caught his breath.

"Every day?" he panted. "And how often will I be running?"

Brigid Cassidy
    "Everyday, if you want to live."

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor groaned again.

"I suppose it's for the best."

Standing straight, he looked around.

"Can we head back now? I really need to eat...and get out of these ridiculous shorts."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid looked at his pasty white legs and smirked ::

"Good idea."

Trevor Smokey
    "Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking. Sex god" Trevor said sarcastically, turning and heading off back through the park, wiping the sweat from his face.

It was then that someone's eyes caught his. Officer Gerald Peakins, of the same department Trevor had been part of.

"Smokey?"

He squinted at Trevor, trying to work out exactly what was happening.

"Trev, is that you? Hey!"

Trevor had broken out into a sprint away from the officer, who quickly gave chase across the grass.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid slapped her forehead, and ran a parallel line a comfortable distance from the cop. There was no telling how this was going to end up ::

Trevor Smokey
    Trevor had never run so desperately. But he was tired from the exercise, and wouldn't last long at all at full sprint. Charging out of the park and into the familiar streets, it wasn't long before he found an alley to take the chase down.

Veering off down it, Peakins chased him down hard, gaining ground on the tiring ex-cop. Once out of sight of the pavement, Trevor ground to a halt, turning to see Peakins rushing towards him with fierce intention. In a panic, Trevor pumelled Peakins in the side of the skull with a clenched left fist, sending his head into the wall nearby and leaving him knocked out on the ground.

Trevor was in two minds about what to do. Leave him here and risk him telling the whole force about what he'd seen. Or stay, try talking to Peakins, and still risk him telling the whole force about what he'd seen. Standing over the unconsious officer, who seemed to be slowly coming around, he looked up to see Brigid emerge at the end of the alley.

"We've got a problem" Trevor said dully.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid glared at him ::

"What the hell did you do???"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast