View Poll Results: What do you think of having similar signatures?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let the family solidarity showing begin!

5 45.45%
  • Down with the signature cloning!

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Similar Signatures

tabris27

Cool Similar Signatures

You know, I was a big fan of the time when everyone in the Marzullo Clan used the same formula for their sig. Black background, character in foreground, right lightsaber running across the bottom. Thankfully now the sigs are more stylish, but it would be cool if they still all had the same style - it would be cute team solidarity.
    -- Hart

So Hart threw that idea out there yesterday and I was wondering what other people thought?

tabris27
    Since both Hart and I like the Alexia signature the best I used it for the template.

Sooooo for example:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Itala Marzullo
    Not for it, these are new times. But whatever makes it easier for ya. Though those are very nice regardless.

tabris27
    What exactly do you mean when you say 'new times'...I'm not entirely sure how that factors in...so where are ya coming from? ^^

Itala Marzullo
    Old Times: Everybody used the same style of sig.
    New Times: ??????

Hartus Kenobi
    Okay, it was just a thought. But if it a matter or "old times" vs. "new times," it might also be worth it to toy around with the idea that the Resistence would be more observant of tradition.

Alexia Marzullo
    Esp. since mine is the template... I'm for it!!! tehehe
    but on a serious note, I like Hart's idea about Ares' side keeping with tradition and Dante's not...
    but really, I don't care either way

Itala Marzullo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartus Kenobi View Post
    Okay, it was just a thought. But if it a matter or "old times" vs. "new times," it might also be worth it to toy around with the idea that the Resistence would be more observant of tradition.
    Actually, that's the best positive case for Ares' Resistance, though signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in.

Matthias Marzullo
    You know I like them different BUT I'm not the one making them.

tabris27
    Well first off, I can go either way. I started the poll to see what other people thought, so while it would make things easier I understand why some people might not like the idea.

I was going to make the Dante side signatures different if we did it. I just hadn't decided how yet so for now I just changed the color.

As for the old vs new thing. *shrugs* I don't really understand it but fair enough.

"signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in"

I completely disagree.

The whole point of a sig is to represent you character... and that has everything to do with the "fictional world we play in."

Everytime I make a signature I try (I don't always succeed but I try) to make it represent some aspect of the character. Sometimes that's just the fact they're a Marzullo, but when I know a character I try to make it reflect something of their personality, or job, or anything else that says something about the character. Although perhaps that's not as obvious to everyone else as it is to me (the one who knows exactly what images were used and has been staring at it for hours on end). ~_~

That would be the main reason I would resist making all the Marzullo signatures the same. On the other hand I can also appreciate that they *are* all the same family and many of the signatures end up alike anyway if not exactly the same. The blended, collage background, normally a reddish or gold hue etc. So you might as well go all the way and use the exact same format (one for each side). *Shrugs* Like I said I could be convinced either way.

Itala Marzullo
    Quote Originally Posted by tabris27 View Post
    Well first off, I can go either way. I started the poll to see what other people thought, so while it would make things easier I understand why some people might not like the idea.

I was going to make the Dante side signatures different if we did it. I just hadn't decided how yet so for now I just changed the color.

As for the old vs new thing. *shrugs* I don't really understand it but fair enough.

"signatures have more to do with real life than the fictional world we play in"

I completely disagree.

The whole point of a sig is to represent you character... and that has everything to do with the "fictional world we play in."

Everytime I make a signature I try (I don't always succeed but I try) to make it represent some aspect of the character. Sometimes that's just the fact they're a Marzullo, but when I know a character I try to make it reflect something of their personality, or job, or anything else that says something about the character. Although perhaps that's not as obvious to everyone else as it is to me (the one who knows exactly what images were used and has been staring at it for hours on end). ~_~

That would be the main reason I would resist making all the Marzullo signatures the same. On the other hand I can also appreciate that they *are* all the same family and many of the signatures end up alike anyway if not exactly the same. The blended, collage background, normally a reddish or gold hue etc. So you might as well go all the way and use the exact same format (one for each side). *Shrugs* Like I said I could be convinced either way.
    Well, I base my thinking on the fact our characters can't switch dimentions and take a peek at our sigs. It's a purely cosmetic aspect of roleplaying, in my opinion.

Matthias Marzullo
    And not to mention there are some people out there who request the sig to be a certain ways.

Krishna Marzullo
    *shrugs* me I don't care either way. I'm too tired right now to even think straight yet alone place an opinion on our siggies.

Besides I like my old one lol ^_^

Itala Marzullo
    Just like a good girl should!

Tidus Marzullo
    Hmm, I actually really like the idea of having similar signatures. Especially having one colour for Ares' group and Dante's group. That way, people like me, (who aren't 100% clued up about the Marzullo's and find it difficult to keep track of who's on which side lol) have an easier time establishing to the two factions in the thread. For those that don't play a Marzullo, I think it would help them not to get confused when reading

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    What if there was some sort of crest for each side? Something that you could meld/include/work in to the signature?

Itala Marzullo
    Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    What if there was some sort of crest for each side? Something that you could meld/include/work in to the signature?
    Bah, I guess I'm warming up to the idea.

Crests seem to be a much better idea than colors.

Candy for whoever can design two awesome crests for both sides.

Tidus Marzullo
    Whoo, crests sounds good. I really like that idea actually.

Matthias Marzullo
    I have the perfect idea...

Ares' side can have the Autobots' insignia while Dante's side can have the Decepticons' insignia. It's perfect!!!

Itala Marzullo
    Hart, why would you double vote?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast