Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where the Wind May Blow (Tempest)

John's hair was blowing in the stiff breeze that was swirling underneath Jacinda, keeping her aloft. He smiled at the shocked expression that burst onto her face.

"I wouldn't worry - you seem to have things under control!"

But he stood by to catch her in case the wind died down.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I forget... was this the one about Viola pretending to be her brother Sebastian?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Eyes still wide, Jacinda very much doubted she had it under control. The wind that was causing her to float, like a raft on the water, began to dissipate as she was no longer blissfully happy in her memories. She felt a quick panic and a sense that she was going to hit the floor mat really hard on her bottom, at any second.

Jacinda flailed out, her fingers grabbing Professor Rhee's shoulder as her legs dropped suddenly. Her upper body, luckily, remained upright. Her feet dropped down and she found herself standing once more on the floor, perfectly fine. She let go of Professor Rhee, somewhat sheepishly and laughed.

"Wow.. Good thing I didn't go any higher or that could have been messy."

John supported her until he was sure she was standing on her own feet again.

He laughed, too. "Well, there is a reason the clinic is in this building. But let's not go there just yet. All right, we've discovered that happiness can cause you to levitate. Do you think you can reproduce those feelings while staying conscious to what's going on around you?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I forget... was this the one about Viola pretending to be her brother Sebastian?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    "I have no idea! I'll give it a whirl." She paled at her choice of words.

"I mean.. you know, no whirl, just a good try." Jacinda backed up a step. She tried to think on the same things she had minutes ago. Happy memories of her and Lucy. For long minutes nothing happened, but then she felt it. A swirl around her calves. It was working. She lifted up off the ground, but it was much harder to do standing upright than it had been to lay flat and simply elevate lengthwise. She pitched forward and began to fall, face first to the mat.

She saw Professor Rhee move forward as if to catch her. At the last second, a second wind blew upward and caught her under the arms lifting her back to rights. It seemed like an automatic reaction to save herself, she hadn't counted on that.. She smiled and lifted up another couple inches or so.

"Ha ha! It seems I can.." She slid back down to the floor, a huge grin on her face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12