Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: NFL Offseason and Draft

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    Rodney Harrison out four games for HGH. It drives me nuts how nobody cares about NFL players using whatever to bulk up.
    Well he did get caught, him and Wade Wilson and both got suspended by the league. I think the league does care and I think that is part of the difference between NFL and MLB. The NFL has done a much better job in going after steroid users than MLB. The only reason why players get away with it is because of the masking agent which makes it harder to catch the players.
    I think the NFL is equally as crappy at catching users as MLB is. Look at these monsters in the league today. William Perry would be a lightweight in today's league...today a huge percentage of the league is 300+ lbs. And let's not even start with the linebackers and running backs. These guys are built like horses - you do not get that way from eating mom's oats for breakfast and your fish for dinner. These guys are all in to something, but for whatever reason people believe the NFL is on top of it. They're not.
    I agree with Ryan I remember when Perry played he was huge, he weighed close to 400 pounds before he retired. His problem was he ate too much turkey. I have read some articles on the issues with weight in the NFL and most of them say that the weight is more fat than muscle. Those Offensive line man are taking too many trips to the all you can eat buffet.
    Also I didn't think steriods could make that big of a difference in weight. Muscle sure but that would only add 10-30 pounds. These guys are like 50-70 pounds over their normal weight that is all from over eating.

JMK
    From all the reading I've done online, estimates have him topped at 350 during his playing days. He didn't hit 400 until after he retired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerator_Perry
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/31/tan...rry/index.html
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/h..._perry_william

Still he didn't get to that 400 level from steroids. People can get that big without steroids. Believe me I see a lot 300-400 people walking down the street (although it disgusts me that somebody can get that big). I think OL and some DL are getting that size by just eating too much. I read a study a few years back that said many of them are going to die young because they are just too big.

JMK
    Sure there are some huge people out there, but I'd bet that many of them are not 5% as athletic as these linemen. Besides, I don't really have my focus on the linemen. I'm more concerned with linebackers and other guys on the field. They look like comic book heroes. If kickers can be on something (hello Todd Sauerbrun), then anyone can, and probably is.

The Colts looked damn good on Thursday night. I know a lot of people expect a big drop off because of all the starters they lost on defense, but that defense was a mess for most of last year, I think they'll probably put up better regular season numbers on defense this year with all the new blood. They got off to a great start by holding the Saints to only 3 points.

I know the Pats look great on paper, but this isn't how they've won in the past. They won because they were a great team on the field, not on paper. Signing all these big free agents kind of goes against the way they've built this team. I mean, how are Brady and some of those vets going to react when Randy Moss starts taking plays off because he's bored?

Looking forward to tomorrow but I'm hoping the Sunday night game isn't that great, I'd like to see the Yanks finish off a sweep of KC.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

To me its between the Pats and Chargers. The Chargers probably have the best team, talent wise. Their defense is probably top 5 and they have the best RB in the NFL and best TE. And Rivers is a very good QB. I think if Schottenhiemer hadn't laid an egg again last year they would have won the SB. The colts never would have stopped Tomblinson. He would have had 200 yards againtst them. The Pats defense is probably top 3 and they have one of the best QB and some great WR, so it should be interesting to see who wins out between the two of them.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910