Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Heroes

Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanial K'cansce View Post
    Not really the showdown I was hoping for, but it did the job well enough.
    Seriously. There wasn't really a fight there. Also, Sylar getted stabbed was kind of anticlimatic. I think it would have been all kinds of awesome if Sylar was about to off Peter and a sword blade suddenly appeared in his chest. He's completely mystified, turns around, and time-phased Hiro is staring him down.

As for timeline stuff: I think what they went for a sort of Legacy of Kain style timeline. That is, there aren't multiple timelines, per se, but one timeline that's always trying to adapt to the changes being made.

"Drop a stone into a rushing river - the current simple courses around it and flows on as if the obstruction were never there."

In other words, the predefined timeline is pretty difficult to significantly alter. If you make a change, it will simply work around it and try to get back on course. Originally, Sylar would have been the bomb. Future Hiro went back to save Claire, thus giving himself the opportunity to kill Sylar and prevent the bomb. But history simply adjusted a few details, making it so that the bomb would still go off, even with the alterations.

The pebble he dropped into the timestream wasn't enough to divert it. Instead, they needed to drop a boulder - a change in everyone's destiny, not just Claire's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that perhaps Hiro would have approached killing Sylar at the showdown in a different way, and the battle would have turned out in some fashion that Nathan wasn't able to reach Peter and prevent the explosion.
    Both Peter and Sylar had the potential to be the bomb. If Sylar had managed to steal Claire's powers, then even if Nathan had showed up to help his brother, Sylar would have blown up. It was set on that course and was pretty determined to see it happen. The future wasn't changed by one event, but by a series of events.

The LA Times had a couple of good articles re: Heroes today...first is an article about Jack Coleman:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ck=1&cset=true

...second is about the season finale:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ck=2&cset=true

Thought both were worth sharing.

Doc Milo
    I don't think Sylar was ever the bomb. In the Hiro in the Future episode, Hiro thought Sylar was the bomb because everyone thought Sylar was the bomb, because "Nathan" and Peter made up the story that Sylar was the bomb. Peter revealed to Nikki that he was really the bomb, not Sylar.

In past episodes, Peter saw himself blow up.

I think in all "timelines" Peter was always the bomb. Hiro of the Future was operating on the false assumption that Sylar was the bomb. But he ends up being right, anyway, about saving the cheerleader to save the world, because it is Claire who returns compassion back to Nathan. I am making the assumption the Sylar still "becomes president" by absorbing Candice's power, and killing Nathan in all timelines but the one that played out. Of course, this is only an assumption because we never do get to see the future where Claire was not saved.

Hartus Kenobi
    I thought it was an awesome finale, although I thought Hiro had too easy a time killing Sylar.
    Plus, is Peter only able to use one power at a time? Why couldn't he fly himself up into space?
    And Sylar is still alive...? Come. On.

But other than that, an awesome job. BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910