TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

TV Battlestar Galactica, season 3

Some previews for the new season starting in October of '06. If you didn't catch the minute long preview during the premiere of SciFi's new show Eureka, you really missed out. But here it is! It gives me the chills when I watch it.

And a shorter, 30 second one:

I can't wait!!

Cool too bad we have to wait till October.

Starbuck a mommy??? Wow.

Just wish we didn't have to wait until October, but them's the breaks.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

love me love me, pretend that you love me
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Holly
    I'm guessing its a Cylon child from her time on New Caprica.

Originally posted by Sansa
    I'm guessing its a Cylon child from her time on New Caprica.
    That would make sense, or it is some kind of dream sequence.

Yeah I have watched the first two, they are very cool.

Wow, 2 hours of great drama last night. The beginning of the third season finally came after a very long wait, but it was well worth it. As many publications and critics have said, Battlestar Galactica really is one of the best shows on TV.

It seems to me they tipped their hand a little bit with the preview of upcoming episodes showing Roslin to still be alive, unless they're part of a dream sequence or something. But I also haven't heard anything about Mary McDonnell leaving the show, so...we'll see next Friday, I guess. I also can't help but wonder if maybe they're killing off Tom Zarek...I loved seeing Richard Hatch on the show because he's been a living bridge between the old show and the new show, but if they've killed him off, they probably think his character has served its purpose.

I read somewhere that Jamie Bamber had to endure something like 3 hours of make-up every day to be transformed into the "soft" Apollo...that was wild, and that was also one of my favorite aspects of last night's episode. Ron Moore is definitely doing the same thing he did on Deep Space Nine, giving us a roster of characters who are not perfect, who make mistakes, who have emotions, and who are human.

I'm really curious to see where the Starbuck story goes...how far into the Cylon's clutches is she going to fall?

I think something happened with the Cylons. Either Sharon did something to them or Geta got some members of the resistance there. I don't think Roslin or Zarek will die. I did find it interesting that they seemed rather close there towards the end of the episode. Also showed that Zarek realized that Baltar was a traitor. Oh I hate Baltar, (even though I like how the actor plays him). I think he won't be going back with the others when they do eventually leave. Baltar will end up staying with the Cylons, probably similar to the position he had in the old TV series. I am hoping Starbuck wakes up. I don't particularly like how she acted in this episode. I thought it was a great two hours though and oh Dean Stockwell was great, even though he was chillingly evil.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    So .... I watched the hour recap about the first two seasons. I haven't watch the first episode of season three yet, but I'm already converted.

Damn

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Carr, I suspect you're right about Baltar never being able to rejoin the colonists after all is said and done, which would echo Baltar's role in the original series. And I feel the same way you do about the character...I love love love the way James Callis plays the character, but there's no doubt that he has become more twisted and evil, not to mention downright psychotic. The scene where the Cylons forced him to sign the death warrants was probably one of the best scenes in last night's episode. Although he should have let them blow his damn head off. Unless it's the Lando Calrissian twist...they still would have gotten their way even if they killed him...dunno, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm thinking there has to be some casualties from the final scene, it will be interesting to see who they might be. That was one of the great chilling images, that moment where the Cylon centurions came marching up over the hill and deployed their guns.

I also was kind of confused by Starbuck's behavior, it seemed like she turned compassionate toward the child very fast. But I'm suspecting/hoping it's another part of the game she's playing with the Cylon holding her prisoner.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not sure if I missed something...when Adama swore Sharon into the Colonial Fleet, he called her "Sharon Agathon." The original Boomer's last name was Valerii...Agathon is Helo's last name, so did this Sharon marry Helo? I don't recall that happening, although I guess that's one of those things that might have happened during the months we didn't see.

And yes, Dean Stockwell rocks. Big time .

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The season premiere was fantastic! I'm so glad they did a two hour season opener, instead of just one puny hour. I pretty much agree with everything everyone's already said. It was great.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Okay, watch the season premiere and ... was disappointed I am too sick to really go into a coherent reason why but! I am going to still watch the next several episodes before I completely make up mind to be fair

mainly the Starbuck thing was very confusing ...

there is more but I don't want to go into too much detail high on meds :mneh plus, I wasn't as wowed as I was when I saw the recap

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    'bout crapped my pants...

*nuff said*

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Oh man I have no idea how they managed to make the series darker than it already was but they have succeeded. I felt like I was gasping for air at the end of it.

So, everybody did end up survivng the Cylon firing squad...good, we still need Roslin, and we still do need Tom Zarek as well. I'm just curious to see how Tigh deals with Helen, he's so addicted to the woman, but now that he's looked her treachery straight in the face...it'll be interesting to see how that all works out.

And it appears as if the cavalry will be riding to the rescue next week, woohoo!

Next week looks awesome, IMO. Dean Stockwell had a great moment when he was talking about dying for the second time heh.

Last night's episode was, as far as I'm concerned, the best episode of this series yet. I literally had goosebumps multiple times during the episode, especially when the Galactica was plummeting through the atmosphere and then jumping to FTL after the Vipers had launched, the Galactica looking like it was going down only to have the Pegasus arrive, the Pegasus slamming into the basestar, the scene with Gaeta and Baltar, the scene with Tigh and Helen, Starbuck finding out that Kasey was actually someone else's child....wow, this episode was just brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

It does make sense that Kasey wasn't really Starbuck's child, becaue then otherwise there wouldn't have been so much reverence re: Hera. And speaking of Hera...now that D'Anna has her, what's to become of her?

Great, great television.

Fiona Devlin
    I've fallen so far behind there's just no to catch up.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Jinn, I have to agree - this episode was fantastic. I don't know how they're going to keep the momentum going, though the teaser for next week with Gaeta being tried for crimes against humanity by villigantes/the Resistance looks like it will be awesome too.

The scene with Tigh and Helen had me in tears. I kinda hope that Helen does still turn out to be a Cylon so we'll see her again, but if she doesn't her character still had a great turn on the show and a fitting end.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast