Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mutants, Unite!!! [EDIT]

Saladin

X-Men Mutants, Unite!!! [EDIT]

The first X-Men RP is about to get underway!!

The setting: the Yucca Mountain Repository, a massive nuclear waste disposal site buried in the mountains of Nevada. A powerful mutant terrorist, Aslan Sagidev (Neutron), is incarcerated under heavy security and radiation containment deep within the facility. Saladin, eager to add Neutron to his Brotherhood of Mutants, is organizing a jailbreak.

Through his own sources, Ethan Daniels has learned of the plot and has scrambled the X-Men to stop Saladin. Can they prevent the Brotherhood from unleashing a living nuclear threat upon the world?

You're welcome to try.

Discussion for the thread can take place here. X-Men and Brotherhood characters welcome; other characters can show up if you have a good reason for being there. And feel free to start other threads; this is just the first big X-Men vs. Brotherhood bash. See you all there!

Edit: See the last post.
    Last edited by Saladin; Jan 31st, 2007 at 09:52:24 PM.

Neutron
    http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthr...533#post211533

Some notes:

I'm keeping this parallel to current events. Sagidev is a suspected terrorist and enemy combatant, and is being shuffled through America's rendition flights. His special condition gets him shuffled to Yucca Mountain.
    Last edited by Neutron; Nov 13th, 2006 at 10:14:02 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I can't think of a reason for Vigilante to show up for this RP. However I'll probably start a new one in the New York area. The School is in Virginia or something, right?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Proof that not all people who draw anatomically correct anthropomorphic animals are furries. Or... is he?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Mitch. Duh.
    Well, the X-Mansion was in Westchester, NY. But we could have it anywhere.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Might as well have it in the same place. Works better for me that way, at least we're in the same state.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I am going to finish up Ethan's bio this week, but the Mansion is still in New York ^^

Blaine Hayter
    Of course the Government couldn't let something like this just slide by. And given Neutron's special characteristics, its a high priority danger as we can't have a mutant with those kind of abilities assisting the terrorists. The Gammas are their selected task force for the mission. Blaine, Ian, and a few npcs will make their appearance then?

Neutron
    Sounds good to me. I fully expected the Gammas to take over the show from CIA/NSA/Homeland Security.

Locksmith
    Started up a thread located at the school, so that the students and teachers might be able to get things rolling as well.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15649

Rod Stafford
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    I can't think of a reason for Vigilante to show up for this RP. However I'll probably start a new one in the New York area. The School is in Virginia or something, right?
    I'm in the same position. I'll see what happens after this thread.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread....592#post211592 There's a thread for whoever in the New Jersey industrial area. Twich and Vigilante have a paticular idea in mind for where the thread is going, so PM me or Morg if you want to join.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Okay, need to ask a question. When is Ethan suppose to do his big speech and rally the troops ^^

And.. who are the troops?

Saladin
    Dragon will be there... I think we probably need one or two NPC teachers, since Locksmith has told me he'll be sitting this one out. I've created one, Gaia. Egads, these characters are too much fun to create.

Any other X-Men who want to come along, teachers or students, please post and be counted here first. Granted, the teachers will probably have to look after the students.

As for when to introduce the X-Men... Well, just for the set-up stages of the thread, I don't think we need to worry too much about posting order. As soon as Spectre and Void insert themselves into the scene, I'm going to bring the Brotherhood into the facility. If you want Ethan to deliver his briefing en route in the X-Jet or X-Copter or whatever it is we're using for transportation, or however you want to make the entrance, I think you can go ahead and do so whenever is convenient. In terms of scenes, we'd probably see the Brotherhood make their way into the facility and then cut to the X-Men jetting to the site, but I don't think we necessarily have to delay the RP for that.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Awesome, we'll do a debriefing once the baddies are in place and I have an idea who is going to be there besides Dragon and Gaia

:: slips into black and yellow uniform ::

^^

TheHolo.Net Poster

Chicks dig scars, right? Right guys? Guys? Hello?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Batdude is down for it

In the meantime, should I just progress Neutron getting processed in the facility and interrogated by the CIA, etc?

Saladin
    Sure, what's a little interrogation among friends?

If Blaine wants to establish himself in the facility, that'd be fine, too. Granted, this RP is going to have a rather huge cast...

Michael Lawston
    Arsenal is throwing his lot in with the Brotherhood in this one. Heads are gonna fly.

Blaine Hayter
    We'll let the normal agencies do their thing first before we show up and take over the show. We figure they could handle the movement procedures themselves without us baby sitting, once the other mutants show up, we'll be there.

Michael Lawston
    Bring it on, Major.

Maxine Flannery
    I have powers now, delete this post.
    Last edited by Maxine Flannery; Nov 18th, 2006 at 08:44:47 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast