Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: College Basketball

Yeah they waitied too late to try to get back in the game. Oh well at least they made the final.

I'd say Clemson still had a helluva season. Yall tied the most wins in school history.

I didnt' realze that. The best season I could remember was back in the 80's when they made it to the sweet 16.

Didn't yall make the Sweet 16 in 1990? Connecticut won on that buzzer beater(and then Duke returned the favor in the Elite Eight).

Kaast Dulli
    so what, pit won the nit. that makes them the 66th best team in college basketball....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaast Dulli View Post
    so what, pit won the nit. that makes them the 66th best team in college basketball....
    First off.....it was West Virginia, not Pittsburgh.

Secondly the NIT Champion typically is arguably better than half the NCAA field. Hell West Virginia beat UCLA this year, not exactly a slouch school. It's still a big deal.

Last year South Carolina(the NIT champ) SWEPT Florida. I'd rather win the NIT than be one and done in the NCAA tournament. Hell unless you're gonna make the Sweet 16 give me the NIT Championship.

Getting into the NCAA's > Getting into NIT or winning in rounds 1 or 2
    Making NIT Final Four in NY > than getting to "the Dance" and losing 1st round
    Winning 1st Round NCAA's > Making it to NY in the NIT or making NIT Finals
    Winning NIT > Winning 1st round NCAA's
    Making Sweet 16 or further > than anything NIT

All in my humble opinion. But to add onto my point, the latest Sagarin computer rankings now have West Virginia at #18 in the country.
    Last edited by CMJ; Mar 30th, 2007 at 11:12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    Didn't yall make the Sweet 16 in 1990? Connecticut won on that buzzer beater(and then Duke returned the favor in the Elite Eight).
    Yeah, I thought it was 1989 for some reason. I remember that last second shot by Burrell. That was pretty heartbreaking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456