Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: MLB Playoffs

The entire playoffs were kind of bizarre. The two teams to reach the WS had the worst second half records of each league's playoff contenders. The Tigers and Cards each staggered into the playoffs and looked like they could both easily get knocked out of the first round. But they got their pitching together for a couple of weeks and made a run.

The Cards played great, but you can make an argument that the Tigers LITERALLY threw the WS away. They set records for errors by pitchers in a WS and it seemed like every single one of those errors helped decide the game. I've never seen anything like it outside of a Little League game.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

JMK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post
    The Cards played great, but you can make an argument that the Tigers LITERALLY threw the WS away. They set records for errors by pitchers in a WS and it seemed like every single one of those errors helped decide the game. I've never seen anything like it outside of a Little League game.
    I think the Tigers DID throw the WS away. The Cards got their pitching right, but when you keep Pujols to a .200 avg with almost no production, and Edmonds to .235 (although he had 4RBI), you would think the Tigers would be set.

Look at it this way - if before the series started I told you that Carpenter would get one win, and Pujols would be a non-factor, I don't think ANYONE here would have taken them to win the WS.

The pitching errors pretty much did decide every game. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Verlander pivot and turn to third. I was flabbergasted.

Youth and inexperience is the reason for that. Probably the difference in that series.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567