Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everlasting Impressions

Brigid Cassidy

Closed Roleplay [WoD] Everlasting Impressions

:: Brigid walked out onto the mat with a bokken (wooden training sword) and warmed up while she waited on Michele. Fiona was at a meeting with the Kindred, and was thankful she didn't have to attend. Vampire Politics were never her strong suit ::

"Alright kiddo, show me what you got."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I twirl the wooden sword in my hand and roll my eyes. "Okay. I know I'm like a millisecond old to you, but must I always be Kiddo with you?"

Since day one, that was her nickname for me. I think she actually called me Michele once when serious talking was going on. Now just to be clear, I'm not mad at all. Mostly just playful and slightly annoyed when I ask her.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: She gave a crooked grin, then straightened up and bowed ::

"You ready, Michele?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    I give her a lopsided grin and bow. "Yes, Brigid." And then fall into a defensive position. I've never fought her before and my only memory is when I saw her take out that Black Spiral Dancer when I was kid so, needless to say, I'm waiting to be tossed around like a sack of potatoes.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid went after her then, dancing around her a bit before giving her a good whack across the tush. Hopefully that would inspire some offense out of her ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I rub my rear and throw Brigid a disgruntled look. "Okay! What the hell? Is there something wrong with being defensive at first or what? Geesh ... Just as bad as Fiona."

Well, duh. Fiona was her teacher too. But still!

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid leapt forward, clacking their bokkens together. It wasn't long before it happened again. Another whack on the hiney ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Okay, maybe asking Brigid to teach me a few things wasn't such a great idea. All she seems to be wanting to do is make a fool outta me.

"Look, if you didn't want to help me train, you shoulda just said so." I'm not mad, just stating things how I see it. See? I'm getting better again then just flying off the handle.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid scoffed ::

"Oh, so you get your feelings hurt and walk away?"

:: She blocked Michele's path to the door and pointed at her with the bokken ::

"That's not the way it works out there, kiddo."

:: She smiled ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "This has nothing to do with feelings getting hurt." I shove the bokken aside with my own. "Just conflicting ways of doing things and I can find a better use for my time."

Okay. I kinda feel weird being this ... calm. What the hell happened to the real Michele Hawkins. I think we need a A.P.B.

"And I know a lot about what goes on out there already. I've had two Immortals wanting to get their jollies on me before I was even called." I smile sweetly. "So please don't act like I'm oblivious to how things work."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid brought her bokken into a horizontal stroke towards Michele's left hip ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I block the attack easily enough with my own bokken and narrow my eyes as we're still locked up. Okay, this I can handle but I swear if she whacks me again, I'm gone.

I push against her weapon and loop around for a diagonal attack towards her midsection.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid's eyes twinkled when Michele's narrowed, and she stepped back to parry ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I step back to give me enough distance to engage her further. Mostly my attacks are just trying gauge her defenses and looking for weak points. Hah. Like that's gonna be easy to do but I have to try.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: The pace gradually sped up, with Brigid pushing Michele to the limit, but also encouraging more of an offense from the younger Immortal ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I don't think I've had a sparring session last this long with Fiona. Brigid was determined to make me work hard and for that I was appreciative. I can almost forgive the butt whacking.

Almost.

Our bokkens smacked together overhead as she blocks my attack, but I decide to up the ante a bit and try and shove her down to the ground with a boot in the gut.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid goes down, not expecting Michele to sneak in a kick ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I come down as quick as I can and press the edge of the bokken stick against her throat and grin. "You really shouldn't have whacked me."

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid cleared her throat and grinned back ::

"I knew there was a reason I like you."

:: She loosened the grip on her bokken in submission ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I remove the bokken from her neck, flipping it back so it rests against the back of my arm as I offer a hand to help Brigid up. "You should ask Fiona how surprised she was when I punched her in the face for the first time."

I have to laugh. I remember feeling so bad about doing that too but then of course common sense kicked in knowing she'd be fine.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast