Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLB September Thread - And down the stretch they come....

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    I think the Twins pitching give them the best chance of beating them. In the NL I like the Dodgers, if they win the Wild Card. I think they could make a run towards the WS.
    Great game by Cabrera the other night, but the Yanks were still on autopilot to an extent. A-Rod and Jeter didn't even start the game and with Detroit losing earlier in the day the AL lead in wins was secure.

The Yanks will face the WC winner and the A's will get the AL Central champs. I'd rather face Detroit, but I like our chances against Santana with Wang on the mound at The Stadium. Remember, as good as Santana is, Wang is no slouch either. They BOTH have 19 wins and Wang is much better at home than on the road. Mussina and Johnson are much better 2 and 3 starters than the Twins have. Yes, Johnson is just as likely to pitch 7 shutout innings as he is to give up 7 runs, but I like him on the road against a team's #3 starter. The playoffs begin Tues. Let the run to 27 begin! :evil

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Is Johnson even going to pitch? I was under the impression he was hurt.

He threw a session on the side today and he looked pretty good. If he were our #1 starter I'd be sweating bullets, but he's our #3 so whatever we can get out of him is gravy.

I almost forgot, CONGRATULATIONS to the Boston Red Sox for spending over $120 MILLION DOLLARS to finish in THIRD place! The most expensive team to ever miss the playoffs. At least when the Yankees spend over $100M they win the division and make some kind of run in the playoffs. Way to go beantown. EAT IT HATERS!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123