Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Intricacies of Love

Fiona Devlin
    :: They drove very far out, eventually arriving at a warehouse near the docks. Fiona regarded Michele closely and pet her shoulder ::

"Hey, we'll be fine."

:: She kissed Michele on the cheek and hopped out ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "That's because you have the sword and I'm gonna be standing right behind you." I mutter to myself as I get outta the car. I keep tight to Fiona since I only have a vague idea of what to expect from Cedric and the meeting.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona froze as she got closer to the warehouse, her eyes darting this way and that as she sensed something Michele couldn't ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    My mind and eyes are running all over the place, trying to find anything out of place. It makes me easily startled. A cat rummaging through the dumpster snaps my head around. A piece of crumpled up newspaper snaps it another way. It makes me clueless that Fiona has stopped walking and I bump into her.

She's not saying anything ... This can't be good. Great. I grab onto her shoulders and press myself against her back, clinging for security. "What's wrong?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: There was a split second of dread on Fiona's face. One heartbeat later, the warehouse exploded. Fiona whirled, throwing herself on top of Michele as she dove for cover ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    The explosion nearly knocks me off my feet, and just as I see this mass of fire and rubble billowing out from the pallets inside the warehouse. Some of it heading our way. The funny thing is, it's almost just like the movies where everything slows down eventho things are coming at you in a matter of seconds. That's what it felt like, but then Fiona overtakes my vision and she tackles me to the ground as I'm screaming. That's when a wave of intense heat passes over us.

Through it all, I didn't feel much of anything but there was one clear thought that was passing through my head. Why didn't I listen to Fiona and stay home?

Actually two questions. Why the hell is someone trying to blow her up??? Lowly gopher? I think not Ms. Devlin!

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona's head snaps up as she squints at the burning warehouse, and she hugs Michele tightly as she roars ::

"DAMN!!!"

:: Another explosion forces her to cover up again, and she rolls backwards. Cedric was gone. ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My entire body shakes from the adrenaline running through my blood. It's keeping me conscious but when the second explosion goes, what little control I have over my fear finally breaks. I burst into tears as I bury my face into Fiona's shoulder, trying to shield myself as best I could against the debris flying around.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona pulled herself up in the wake of the last explosion, then crouched down to help Michele as the building before them burned ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I cling around Fiona's neck as she leads us away from the warehouse. My nerves are completely fried, I'm totally freaking out and my mind is trying to be far, far away from the physical horror that is going on around me. I'm basically just a piece of meat being dragged away.

It's not like I haven't seen or been involved in some crazy things. I've had my share of fistfights, some with rather sharp objects, but I've never seen ANYTHING get blown up right before my face!

Fiona jumps in the car and peels outta here to safety. I just remain in the passenger seat, staring out into space, grateful that we're okay but also just wanting to go home and lock myself away for a very long time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567