Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Retreat From Pain

Argos Ewan
    Silently my wrist band nudged me and discretely lit up red with two blinks informing me that I had an incoming transmission. "Excuse me," I told the lady as I held up my finger. I reached into my vestment pocket and pulled out my com-link ear piece. Once I had it on I replied, "Go," and listened for a responce.

Jace Keller
    "Keller arrived a little while ago, Captain. He's terribly sick, he collapsed in the main corridor. Celeste is looking over him now, she says he's got some type of bad broncial pneumonia. His temp is over 104, and he's not awakened. Celeste said he may need more medical attention than she can give him here and she wants to know what you want us to do." A hint of concern was in his voice.

Argos Ewan
    I knew that most of the Med-centers within the city were of Emperial order and i had to think fast for Jace's sake. The thought of a person I knew that could help quickly came to mind. I stood up and walked away from the booth for privacy. "Let me talk to Celeste," I said into the head piece.

Celeste Jade
    Gideon handed her the com. "Captain, he's in serious condition and I don't like it at all. His breathing is ragged and his fever is spiking. We need to do something."

Argos Ewan
    I took my right hand and stroked my fingers through my hair to pull it back. "Alright, here's what we're going to have to do. I want you to contact Avalon........Avalon Aquilo. She is outside the Imperial Order and can keep Jace's background undercover. She is medically trained and she's helped me before and is quite good in extencive cases such as Jace's. In no way do I want the Empire tipped about him. So keep it discreet; understand?"

Celeste Jade
    "Of course, Captain. I'll contact her right away."

Aramis Rakai
    Something was going on, but I wasn't entirely sure what. I saw the worried glance from Argos.

What was going on? I wondered.

Argos Ewan
    Before closing the link I gave her my last command. "Make it so; out."

I removed the headset and turned to return to the booth with the woman and Aramis. As I sat down I asked them both, "So where were we?" I quickly remembered where we left off. "Oh yes, you were about to tell me why I should have you on board my ship if I WERE wanting to employ anyone. Can you tell me what you would have to offer if I were?" I continued to watch this woman carefully and her body movement.

Solani Naleen
    Solani opens her mouth to respond when the Captain held up a finger and went to talk on his comm. While doing so, she looks over at the younger man and smiles at him.

"I can't tell you why you should have me on board your ship, but I can tell you why I think you might want me on your ship. My skills run along ship mechanics as well as blasters meaning I can both fix a blaster and use a blaster with good skill."

She remains leaned back and relaxed as she keeps her gaze on the Captain.

Aramis Rakai
    My attention was drawn back to her as she spoke. She had a pretty smile, but I tried to keep that the furthest from my mind. It was hard to do.

"Well, Miss..." I didn't even know her name as I looked back over to Argos, who sat across from me.. "Blaster work is needed in our business..." I looked at the Captain again, then back to the young lady. "You're a mechanic? Nice, so am I." It would be nice to have another mechanic on ship, since mom...I didn't even want to think of this. My mother and I had been a team, a damn good one when it came to mechanics. I pushed that thought from my mind and continued.

"But, we don't even know your name." I looked at her and smiled.

Avalon Aquilo
    I have been contacted by a Doctor Jade who was now appearantly the Ship's Doctor on board the Eclipse.

Argos Ewan, my dear friend. I've not seen you since........it's been a long time.

Having got together everything I need for this case of possible bronchial pneumonia, I put on my wrist band from my previous visit. With everything I need now ready, I walked out of my quarters and headed to the Eclipse and found it in the very docking bay I was informed about.

As I walk into the docking bay I can't help but to say hello to an old friend. As I walk up to the nose of the ship I raise my right hand and let it slip along it's surface as I walk toward the hatch. "Hello there old friend," I said as I walked along the length of the ship toward the hatch.

Once I got to the ship's hatch, I entered into the hatchway of the ship. As I enter I see one of the shipmates as he walked by me. "You there. I am Doctor Aquilo. Please contact Doctor Jade and let her know I am here. I need to see her immediately."

"Very well," the shipmate replied. "Please wait here and I will get her." The shipmate turned and walked out of my view further into the ship.

As I set my luggage down I began to calmly wait for the ship's doctor. Even though I have been here before, I feel it wise to respect the ship's protocol and patiently wait for the ship's doctor.

Celeste Jade
    "Celeste, Dr. Aquilo has arrived." I was informed as I readjusted the breath mask on Jace to help him breath easier..

"Thanks, Gideon." I replied with a smile and headed down the corridor.

"I'm Dr. Celeste Jade. It's good to see you, Dr. Aquilo though I wish it were on better circumstances." I said as I extended a hand in a friendly gesture.

Avalon Aquilo
    I reached over and shook her hand that she offered. "Please, call me Avalon. May I call you Celeste," I asked as I picked up my case.

Celeste Jade
    "Yes, of course. Please follow me the patient is in my med bay." I smiled as I turned and began walking down the corridor.

"His fever is spiking at 104.5, I've gotten an iceblanket to help keep it down, but it's still rising and I haven't got the meds I need to take care of the infection. His breathing is ragged as well, I've put a breath mask on him and that's helped some." I explained.

Avalon Aquilo
    I looked at Celeste as we walked down the corridor. "If this person's tempature is this high then it is a good thing I am here now. A tempature like that has got to be brought under control immediately if we're to help them at all."

Celeste Jade
    "Exactly, and there was very little more I could do without the aid of a medical center. I'm glad you got here." I said as I opened the door and led her into the room.

Jace was in bad shape, his body wheezing for air and tremoring from temperature.

Avalon Aquilo
    As soon as Celeste opened the door my heart lept from my chest and I quickly walked to Jace's bedside. "Jace, oh no! Jace, Jace can you hear me," I asked as I brushed his hair from his sweaty brow. He didn't respond to my voice at all. The heat coming up from his brow felt hotter than I anticipated. I quickly pushed my left hand under his ice blanket and could see the ice blanket had lost it's chilling effect. I quickly pulled the blanket off his body.

"We need another ice blanket in here stat," I ordered. "We've got to get this temperature down NOW! Bring two of them!"

I leaned down and whispered into Jace's ear as I took his hand. "Jace, it's me, Avalon. I'm here."

Celeste Jade
    I ran to my storage closet and grabbed two iceblankets, as I ran back I kept one package under my arm while I ripped open the other and began to shake it to get the chemicals to begin chilling. "Here!" I said as I threw it over Jace and ripped open the other one.

Avalon Aquilo
    Before Celeste threw out the first blanket I rolled Jace onto his side. As Celeste threw out the fresh ice blanket I held him on his side with one hand as I folded the the ice blanket behind him. I placed the blanket under Jace and laid his body upon it. I quickly went to the other side of Jace and lifted him up from that side and pulled the blanket out from under him now placing his back on top the blanket.

While she drew out and prepared the next blanket I opened my case and reached into it and pulled out a hypo-spray. I plugged in the drug catridge I needed and adjusted the hypo to inject the amount needed for Jace's first dose.

I put the hypo into my teeth as I grabbed the next blanket with my hands that were now free. I pulled the blanket over his body and then pulled the hypo from my teeth and quickly injected it into his arm. As it injected it hissed as the injection was done.

After the injection I placed the hypo on a nearby table and then massaged his arm to help the drug to flow into his bloodstream quicker.

Celeste Jade
    I watched helplessly as Jace was given the drugs. I just prayed it would work. Jace was part of my family, he was the Captain's brother...yes, I knew. Very few did, and those who did kept it to themselves. If Jace was ever to get into a Imperial entanglement, he was as good as dead. It wasn't hard for me to find the information, I was the doctor of this ship and I make it my business to know everyone on it. I wouldn't be a good doctor if I didn't.

"Is there anything else I can do?" I finally asked.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast