Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find SW-Fans?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I came from the evil talkcity chats as well. Dara, who was Obi-Rhon ^^, threw me a link to Fans. Kitty (Sorsha) found me in general discussion forums and directed me to the RP. I became her first Sith Apprentice at TSE and ze rest is history

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Been wondering whatever happened to Master Yoghurt? Check her pockets.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I came via the chat as well. I think it was Thrawn and Itala who first pointed the way to their ezBoards, which I thought were great and so made my own - the Acropolis. Rama and Ogre and Havok showed up there and myself, Eve and Daiquiri (all Darths at the time as I recall lol)spent more and more time rping on the board, eventually travelling to TSC and finally over to SWF. It took me quite a long time to feel comfy to RP at the "Big" board.

I remember that thread "Operation Longknives" or atleast the title.

The first thread I remember being in at SWF was some big multiplayer battle where Hera tried to nab Yoghurt in a cave or something. Ah..thats where the love began

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I was terrified to RP in the "Battlefield" when I first started. I was afraid someone would kill my character right off the bat!

I remember reading someone's RP thread and they were ripping trees out of the ground and hitting each other with them, and the like. Ah, our colorful history. The first person who really posted to me at SW-Fans was Shabby as a Pikachu sock puppet.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Originally posted by Alpha
    Holy carp? And I figured I'd make you and Mark feel old if no one else. I've been here...wow...seven years. I started at the tender age of 11...And you people have corrupted me.
    Which means now you can do the corrupting

Alpha
    Originally posted by Karl Valten
    Which means now you can do the corrupting
    A very good point. And Lil, I didn';t say you WERE old, I just meant that since you've known me here for so long, I could get you to FEEL old. There's a difference. And does anyone else from the old times remember the DBZ-ish roots this place had for the longest time...?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I remember way back then, while my introduction to message-board RPing was here, I spent more time RPing at a place called Mt. Dragonball Z and then eventually Cursed Earth.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    For me, it was waaay back when I was in junior high...I had been a part of General Scorpion's flight-sim group, and he linked me to the Sith Council. From there I came here and to the Sith Empire and then GJO and then TSE and then GJO...

And to make people feel old, I am now starting college...think how long some of you have known me.
    Yes.. I feel old and tired now. Thank you so much, Alpha. Wow...

Tipp Gray
    I'm in the same boat as Alpha. I started when I was what? 12? Actually, it was before I turned 12. Now I am starting college. Anyway, I actually found SWFans through him. I posted at general discussion and video gaming boards when I first went to ezboard. Alpha's Young Ones Base was in the top 50 of one of those click-to-vote board ranking systems that used to be out there. I checked it out, got linked to the Bounty Hunter's Moon, and joined up at SWFans from there. That was back in March 2000.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    For me, it was waaay back when I was in junior high...I had been a part of General Scorpion's flight-sim group, and he linked me to the Sith Council. From there I came here and to the Sith Empire and then GJO and then TSE and then GJO...

And to make people feel old, I am now starting college...think how long some of you have known me.
    It's sort of the same for me. In September, I start my second year of university. I started posting here when I was 13, and come January I'll be turning 20. We grow up so fast

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I found this place pretty much right after I graduated college; stumbled on a page full of ez links to a whole bunch of the different boards before the mass exodus to vB. I remember lurking for about two weeks, then registering.

Alpha
    Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
    Yes.. I feel old and tired now. Thank you so much, Alpha. Wow...
    Aww, I'm sorry Raz. And Patrick: my Young One's Base was really in those top fifties? Wow...Damn. I still remember that place and it's members...Spadix, and Shay Kaylon especially...

Jens Vec
    My good friend Google showed me this place.

Sergeant Michael Brand
    I'm here because of the Redwall novels by Brian Jacques.

I was in middle school when I really started using the web, and, at the time, I was voraciously reading Redwall. I got my start in RPing and in fanfiction in general by running searches for Redwall fan sites. Even more directly, it was in a Redwall-based RP that I met Mitch, with whom I am now seeking the publication of a novel.

Anyway, he surprised me by telling me he'd adapted his mongoosed-based Nehantite race to a Star Wars roleplaying community, and he linked me to some of his threads. I was apprehensive about joining because my previous experience with Star Wars fans had been Star Wars fanboys whose primary interest seemed to be scouring the EU for more reasons why a Star Destroyer could beat the Enterprise. But, after lurking for a while, I finally decided to take the plunge with Kale -- whom, incidentally, I originally created as a Redwall character himself.

And the REAL question of Star Trek vs. Star Wars is this: who would win in a battle between Stormtroopers and redshirts?

Alpha

And the REAL question of Star Trek vs. Star Wars is this: who would win in a battle between Stormtroopers and redshirts?
    Neither. The red shirts ability to aqttract weapons fire would be nullified by the stormtoopers ability to miss anything and everything they're aiming for, leaving two very confused sides...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Like the wrong ends of two magnets. They'd probably cause the universe to implode and a black hole would form, swallowing both groups.

Rayna Eclipse
    I originally got into roleplaying when I convinced myself at age 12 that I could write better pro-wrestling stories than those on tv. After I saw the re-release of A New Hope in theaters I fell in love with Star Wars. A few years later as the hype for the Phantom Menace grew I thought about how cool it would be to do roleplaying, like in the wrestling rps I did, with Star Wars.

My big objection to most the sites was that none allowed for the quick creation of a character without roleplaying sample. I could just create and write an open thread without issue. Somehow I ran into the GJO on google back when everyone was on ezboard.com and then made the jump tp fans shortly thereafter.

Sorsha Kasajian
    Itala Marzullo brought me here. Thankfully, no one has held that against me!

Sean Piett
    Oh gods. Found it through darth007, if anyone remembers him, who I met at talk city (chatroom). We were in the Legion together. Then I quit the Legion and Deathsith spammed me in our duel. Cheater.

Must've been, what, '99? 2000 maybe? We miss you, GAThrawn!

Alpha
    damn...I remember GAT...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

GA Thrawn is always on MSN. I spent a good two years talking to him everday in msn chats with three or four other people. Really shaped my life.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast