Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - First Impressions

Fiona Devlin

[WoD] Abounding Coincidences - First Impressions

Northwestern University
    November 2004

:: Fiona sat in the back of the recital hall as Mrs. Ceffaclio's students shuffled out the door. All save one who was still busily going over music notes at her desk ::

"I'll be back in moment, Michele. I'm going to run this tape over to the office."

:: Mrs. Ceffaclio smiled and walked out the door ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Oh, okay Mrs. Ceffaclio." I only look up long enough to smile back at my teacher before pouring back into my notebook. Finals were coming up in two weeks and I needed to pound these notes into my head. Finals for this class meant a recital and I've been preparing for over a month as it was. I'm nervous as hell too. It's my first semester at college, and I don't want to mess it up since I got a scholarship on the line.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona watches Michele from the back of the room, but after a minute decides to wander over to the piano. She sat down and mucked about with the keys, playing something loose and bluesy, inspired by Dr. John ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    The first note on the piano makes me wince and drop my pen. I had to pick it up off the floor. Next note, I wanted to take said pen and throw it at the girl up on stage. Problem was, I couldn't throw it that far and I didn't recognize the person as one of my classmates. All I could see was a brown hat with blonde locks coming out of it. I didn't want to be totally rude like she was right now.

Once the music picked up into an actual song, I was baffled. Blues music??? Mrs. Ceffaclio doesn't teach that type of music so colored me confused as to why this person was here, cept to make it extremely difficult for me to study.

I get up and make my way over to the piano. Whoever it was, she was having a grand all time bobbing to the music. Honestly, she was pretty good though not my kinda of music. The piano was set sideways on the stage so there was no way she could have missed me walking up, though I didn't walk up the stairs yet. I like keeping my distance from strangers. Call me paranoid.

"Excuse me?" I have to speak up louder then usual to talk over the chords.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona turned, greeting Michele with large brown eyes beneath her floppy hat ::

"Hello. Did you have a request?"

:: She smiled and winked at Michele. Her accent was noticably not American ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I guess she was some foreign exchange student of some kind. Not really sure from where but it sounds British, but then there is a hint of Irish with how the vowels come out. Well anyway, splains why I haven't seen her around.

"Um, yeah," I try to be nice but I come off a bit bitchy. Two days with little sleep can do that to you. "Could you please not play right now? I'm trying to study till Mrs. Ceffaclio gets back."

Fiona Devlin
    "Oh!!! So sorry." she said apologetically and stopped playing.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Thanks." My features soften so I don't come off as a total bitch. I'm just cranky right now. "I appreciate it. You can go back to playing when we leave. Shouldn't be too long."

Fiona Devlin
    :: There was a rosey glow in her cheeks as turn on the piano bench to face Michele ::

"What are you studying?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Piano Concerto No.2 in B-Flat major." A mighty yawn overtakes me. "It has been my nightmare for over a month."

Fiona Devlin
    "Ah, Beethoven."

:: Fiona simply couldn't help herself, and broke into the concerto ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    My jaw drops and I almost make a mess in my pants. "Wait ... you ... you know Beethoven too?!"

She was really good too. Way better then me. I'm still trying to commit the concerto to memory and here she is banging away at the piano like she wrote the damn thing. I know my cheeks are blushing now because things got incredibly warm all of a sudden.

Fiona Devlin
    "Oh, a little bit. I just play for fun."

:: She took off her hat and brushed her bangs from her eyes, then played with the keys again ::

"Cheese and onion sandwiches on derby chinaware
    Fiddles and jigs and Woogie my dog and TV havin' a swear
    Takin' my dad for a pint or two, a Sunday morning stroll
    Licorice pipes and baggy suits, Glen Hoddle scorin' a goal
    Catchin' a pike and ridin' my bike on wooden wheels and a bowl of eels
    Yes... that's what I like, boy
    That's what I like."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I think my eyes bug out. She sings too and ... has good taste. Tori Amos was a favorite musician of mine. I find myself walking up the stairs to get a better look at her. I have to admit, she was rather cute. "You have to be kidding me. You play too well for it to just be fun."

Fiona Devlin
    "I've had lessons, but I'm not a very good student. I've been told I lack discipline."

:: she broke into Bohemian Rhapsody, just as Mrs. Ceffaclio walked back in ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I chuckle. "I can see that." She could barely focus on one piece of music for more then a minute or two.

"Well, seems you two have already met." Mrs. Ceffaclio was really cheerful for some reason as she walked towards us.

"Met isn't quite the word I would use." I mean, I still don't know who the heck this girl is.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona stood up, with the look of a child who got caught with a hand in the cookie jar ::

"Fiona Devlin." she said with a twinkle in her eye.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Michele Hawkins." I say and Mrs. Ceffaclio puts an arm around my shoulders and I cringe. Unwanted praise coming!

"She's one of my best students. And I'm sure you will do fine at the recital."

I laugh. "Keep saying that. I might end up believing it."

Fiona Devlin
    "When is the recital? I'd like to come."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Huh?" Why would this Fiona want to come? I look over at Mrs. Ceffaclio who had a smile on her face. No! Say no! Less people coming the better so I don't freak.

"Of course you can come!"

Bah.

"It's December 10th at 7pm for the piano students."

My teacher hates me.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast