Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pit Stop (Ridwan, non-Imps)

Ridwan Vars
    The seat was comfortable, but the words were not. As the two entered the room, a tense atmosphere appeared and Ridwan could do nothing to evade it's pressure. It compressed his soul, composure and left his eyes astray in seek for avoiding the realm of confusion. Perplexed, he took his thoughts inward as Lianna spoke and searched for an appropriate question.

"So, now we'll get the chance to talk?" He asked, but he knew the answer. She had already pronounced her openness, but he was still uneasy.

The two were intimidating figures, at least to Ridwan. Lianna was a Jedi, and she radiated with superiority. Over the years Ridwan had focused his life on the ways of the Jedi, but she professed an elegance to her that his own eloquent words could not express. An uneasiness resonated from him at the thought, but he kept at bay. He knew, however, that way one day it would return from the sea of his mind like a tsunami.

"Your a Jedi? How?"

Lianna Mal Pannis
    "I think we've established I am a Jedi already," she kidded, "But as to how ... "

Her story was messy and explaining everything in one breath might cause Ridwan to finally loose the small sliver of control he managed to hold up until this point. Lianna stole a quick glance at Adia who nodded in encouragement. Even the former Hand had yet to hear Lianna’s entire story. "I was separated from my parents for my own protection. They hired a mercenary to bring me to a Trianii known as Drin Kizael. Not only was he a former Trianii Ranger, but he was also a Jedi from the days of the Old Republic. It didn't take my Master long to realize that I was Force Sensitive. Why else would I have been brought to him?"

While the Knight spoke of Drin, her eyes grew distant as she remembered the good times of her childhood. "It was unclear how they knew where to find him since he was in hiding, but with his location compromised and taking the responsibility of raising me, he left Hathrox III. For the next ten years he was my Master as well as my father."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Morg
    Adia knew of the Triannii Jedi, but had never encountered him. She had been briefed on Drin, but beyond holos and a dozier, nothing. It did explain some of Lianna’s penchant for wilderness, and for her lack of knowledge regarding some kinds of feminine upkeep. It was something Adia related well to.

Part of her wanted to know what had become of the large fuzzball, and the other part was happy she had never found him. The details of Lianna’s past were only slightly less informative for Adia than it was for Ridwan.

“But we have somewhat more pressing matters to deal with. Lianna is going to be masquerading as her twin to see her mother. It’s very important to her, and it’s equally important that we figure out some way to keep you, and by extension, ourselves, safe.”

Adia contemplated her last statement after a moment. Gears in her head began to turn, but had not arrived at any sort of conclusion.

Ridwan Vars
    Ridwan listened intently, his eyes locked on Lianna as she spoke. Although informed, his mind tended to swaying back to his own past. Not much seemed to compare. However, his nostalgic moment ended with a sudden burst as Adia's words slithered into his ear.

Running his hand through his locked hair, he pried his mind for any possible idea. Nothing came to, at least not readily. Despite all his composure, he was starting to open at the seams. All the Jedi training in the world could not uphold to such pressure when the person was not fit for it.

Maybe his mother was right. The Jedi Code just needed to be altered for the day and times. More pressing era was about than the Republic of old, and his mind needed to adjust. This was just another situation that called for such a reaction.

"I think I can keep out of trouble. I'll just need new clothes..."

Lianna Mal Pannis
    Lianna appeared unswayed by the Padawan's assertion. "It's a lot more difficult then just putting on some new clothes in this case, Ridwan, otherwise I would agree with you."

Her lips grew pensive, bordering on a frown. "When Adia speaks of my twin, she speaks of Miranda Tarkin."

The Jedi's eyes narrowed, studying Ridwan, "When I first took off my mask, you recognized me but were too polite to say anything. I take it this isn't too big of a shock, but we're heading into the heart of the Empire. Imperial Center. One iota of deception sensed and we're all dead."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    “You’re not twins.” Lianna looked at Adia, bewildered.
    “You’re Miranda’s body double.” The former Black Hand of the Emperor smirked slightly. With Ridwan around, the risk of being found out increased. This wrinkle brought it down considerably.

Besides, Lianna’s accent was usually a bit off, and this could explain it easily.

Adia turned back to Ridwan and her smirk melted away as quickly as it appeared.

“Lianna’s correct. We need put you into some role. You need a reason for being with us.”

Ridwan Vars
    "Hmmm," he thought. Ridwan's eyes concealed by his fallen lids as he awaited something to come to in his mind. All that he heard were tics echoing through his churn of ideas.

Rarely did he find himself in such situations where so much pressure laid on his shoulders. Although he had searched for the Jedi with hopes to eventually reform the Jedi Order, the pressure had faded as time spelled out the impossibility of it all.

And now there was a Jedi before him. All of it was a little to much for him to think as clearly as he hoped.

"Security?" He asked, opening his eyes.

Lianna Mal Pannis
    Lianna shook her head in disagreement, "No. With who Adia is, it would practically be a slap in the face with what her reputation is within the Empire."

She smiled knowingly, "Trust me."

Her eyes focused on Ridwan, unblinking in thought until an idea dawned on her. "With your plan, I presume there must be speech coaches or something along those lines?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Morg
    “That is perfect.” Adia smiled.

“The best part is? No one will say anything when you don’t say anything. I’ve hired you on my way back to Coruscant. You don’t need a license. I’ll make you a security ID, and with your clean background, we can even send you through a check with your original name. You’ll be registered, and even have some minor security clearance.”

Ridwan Vars
    "So, it's settled?"

Ridwan asked with his whole body. From his expression to his eyes, he was ready to commit to the plausible idea. Everything seemed to fall in place, as if destined.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123