Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WoD] To Live By The Sword (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona drove silently, taking an alternate route into Edgewater ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I close my eyes and lean back in the passenger seat for a little relaxation. The ride home from school is burned into my brain now. Each turn and bump is automatic. Hell, I can tell what the speed limit is by the hum of the car now.

So when we made a right instead of left on Granville, I looked at Fiona funny. "Where we goin'?"

Fiona Devlin
    "It's a suprise." she replied, the look in her eyes hidden from Michele by her driving glasses. They stopped on the corner of Sheridan & Bryn Mawr.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    The car rolls to a stop and I sigh, "Fiona I have a lot of studying to do tonight. Can this just wait until tomorrow?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona paused, a feline smirk on her face as she replied ::

"No."

:: She hopped out of the car and opened the car door for Michele ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I blow out a puff of air between my lips and look up at Fiona, who was insistent as ever. After a moment or two of thinking about it, I roll my eyes and get outta the car.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona whistled as she took Michele up to the sixth floor and unlocked the door to the penthouse ::

"Welcome home."

:: It was richly furnished, and inside the circular living room a Steinway piano sat look a jewel before Michele's eyes ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I look at Fiona funny. Like she's on crack. Home?

But when I enter, my mouth falls open and hits the floor when I see the piano. My eyes glaze over and I walk towards the masterpiece like a zombie. I'm afraid to touch it because it's so beautiful. Everything about the body of the piano screams hand carved. Pearls are encrusted around the edges and my fingers gently walk over the hand painted scene of people dancing. Almost like it was a dream ...

My throat grows dry as I stand up, blinking my moistened eyes, "You shouldn't .... I ... I don't deserve this."

It was like a switch flipped inside my head. Here I was treating Fiona like she barely existed and giving her the cold shoulder while she was getting this amazing penthouse ready for us ... Giving me something that my attitude didn't warrant.

Fiona Devlin
    "Have a look around." She smiled, heading towards the kitchen.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I just stood there, numb from all the emotions going through my head. I needed some air badly before I passed out and headed out onto the balcony. The chilled spring air hit my face like a fist and I grabbed onto the railing for support, staring down at the ground in a dizzy haze.

Right now, I wanted to be anywhere but here.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona stepped out on the patio with a bottle of honey brown ale ::

"Are you ok?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "No." At least I was honest, but I couldn't find the courage to look at her. "I don't want to be here."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona canted her head to one side ::

"I thought a change of scenery would do us good. Are you angry with me?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I shake my head no and turn around, leaning my back against the rail and crossing my arms in defense. "No. The place is amazing, Fiona."

Fiona Devlin
    "It is, isn't it?"

:: She smiled proudly ::

"I bought the top floor."

:: Then she offered Michele the beer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I hold my hand up, "No thanks," and take a seat since the patio was furnished. Fiona bought a finely polished wooden set that had two lounge chairs and four regular ones around the umbrella table. I still feel like I'm living through a haze. I was so excited to see the piano but then I realize how fast things are moving again. Why couldn't we just stay at the apartment?

Fiona Devlin
    :: She sat down and took a drink as she eyed Michele ::

"We can go back and fetch some things tonight if you like, then get something to eat."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    I rest my head in my arms, staring off into the distance, barely listening to Fiona, "Everything's changing so fast."

Fiona Devlin
    "Ah."

:: she set the bottle on the table ::

"I'm sorry."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Not your fault. Don't be sorry." I prop my chin up so I can see her and force a smile, "I'm just not dealing with this well."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast