Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2006 Season

JMK
    I've been listening as well, and I'm sure a lot of the guys will change their mind. Everyone is all pissed right now, but when the dust settles, people will notice that most of the sources in the book are 'anonymous'. That's not exactly impirical data.

And can someone explain to me why Canseco's book was ridiculed and these guys are being praised?
    Both were people with axes to grind, and wanted to make some cash. These writers have it in for Bonds, and Canseco had it in for MLB in general.

LET THE INVASION OF CANADA BEGIN!!!!!!!

jjwr
    Nice to see all those Yankee's are in post-season form

Those Canadians played well! Mostly minor leaguers too. If the Sox flub their last game they may not make it out of their own group which would be awefull for both the team and the WBC. As one Analyst said if the US is out of the race then a lot of people will stop watching and it will hurt the WBC overall.

JMK
    It would be awful for the WBC if the U.S. was eliminated before the finals. MLB/U.S.A. Baseball created the WBC to make up for the embarassment of not even qualifying for the '04 Olympics.

It won't hurt the WBC in most Latin countries, although everyone wants a shot at the US squad. Teams like the Domincans and Cuba would love to see the US. I believe the US will know later today if it's out. If the Canadians lose by a certain score the US is gone even before its game tomorrow.

JMK
    Canada is getting whipped by Mexico right now.
    If the U.S. beats South Africa tomorrow then they're in and Canada is out aren't they?

Yep just heard on ESPN watching the Big East Tournament that is all that USA needs to do.

JMK
    I don't want to sound like a homer because I don't care a great amount about this tournament, but that rule makes less than zero sense. Canada, Mexico and U.S.A. will each have 2-1 records. Canada has a better head to head vs U.S., but we get booted?

Only MLB could make up such convoluted and WRONG tie breaking rules.

JMK
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12057585/

Cubs place BOTH Wood and Prior on the 15 day DL.

These guys are about as durable as wet toilet paper. They both have hall of fame potential, but neither can keep their arms healthy long enough to prove it. The Cubs really need to let these 2 go. I've had this opinion a year or 2 ago because year after year they just can't stay healthy. It's ridiculous. Every year the hopes of all Cubs fans rides on these guys and they're never around long enough to help.

sirdizzy
    I wish Bonds would show some respect for the game and some of its great players and do whats right, and that retire before you trample their truly great records. He got his 700 and a HOF place most likely now leave true greats like Ruth and Aaron alone. Of all the steroid popping cheaters in modern day baseball Bonds is the one I hate the most. He has no respect for the game. its fans or for those who truly were great. Be a man own up to what you did and retire and leave the Babe alone.

JMK
    Keep dreaming. The only way he stops is if someone suspends him or if his knee craps out on him. I hate Bonds, and I now hate all the others who juiced up and lied about it but these guys do not care about tradition, fans, the game, or anything else other than their own bank account and their own fame. Period.

jjwr
    I wish the pitchers would just walk him every time he comes to the plate, regardless of the situation.

And MLB saying they will celebrate him passing Ruth/Aaron when/if it happens is a joke. They want to start an investigation but they are planning on glorifying stats inflated by the steriods.

Originally posted by sirdizzy
    I wish Bonds would show some respect for the game and some of its great players and do whats right, and that retire before you trample their truly great records. He got his 700 and a HOF place most likely now leave true greats like Ruth and Aaron alone. Of all the steroid popping cheaters in modern day baseball Bonds is the one I hate the most. He has no respect for the game. its fans or for those who truly were great. Be a man own up to what you did and retire and leave the Babe alone.
    Ditto, couldn't have written it any better.

And MLB saying they will celebrate him passing Ruth/Aaron when/if it happens is a joke. They want to start an investigation but they are planning on glorifying stats inflated by the steriods.
    Two major sponsors have already pulled their advertising and you can bet more will follow. This is going to be a PR disaster. Selig has finally started an investigation. It's probably inevitable that he's going to pass Ruth, I just hope that he either gets suspended or retires before he passes Aaron.

One thing is for sure, kiss his first ballot HOF away. Oh, he'll get in eventually, but these latest books have nailed him so thoroughly that plenty of HOF voters will punish him by witholding their votes the first year he's eligible.

JMK
    You're 100% that this is going to be a PR disaster. It's going to get very ugly before it gets worse.

jjwr
    To change the subject real quick, I'm in need of a couple guys, probably 3 max to join a Fantasy Baseball league and figured I would see if any of you guys would want in.

I'm doing it with some guys at work and we're not sure if we'll have enough to make it worthwhile. We have 4 right now with 2 more very possible and would like anywhere from 8-12

Its on Yahoo and I personally have never done a fantasy baseball and a few of the other guys haven't either so it won't exactly be stiff competition, just fun and lots of trash talk. PM me if your interested.

Sure, I will join and try it give me the link and I will sign up.

sirdizzy
    I like the idea of walking him for every at bat. I mean at 41 and with bum knees its not like he is going to torch you on the bases. You may give up the inconsquential run or two by doing so but the fans would celebrate you for doing so.

If I was a MLB pitcher i would be so tempted to play bean ball with him every time he came to the plate.

JMK
    Yeah, but then you may be putting your own guys at risk.

The easiest thing to do is to throw him junk and/or walk him. Eventually his knee will break down from so much running on the base paths and he'll have to give up.

jjwr
    Jedi Master Carr, heres the league info. Its not Star Wars themed or anything, just some of my friends and guys I went to school with and played hoops with but they are all great guys.

ID: 311001
    password: bigpapi

Right now we have 5 people with possibly 2 more coming in local so 2 or 3 from here would be perfect.

Originally posted by jjwr
    Jedi Master Carr, heres the league info. Its not Star Wars themed or anything, just some of my friends and guys I went to school with and played hoops with but they are all great guys.

ID: 311001
    password: bigpapi

Right now we have 5 people with possibly 2 more coming in local so 2 or 3 from here would be perfect.
    It doesn't seem to work here on this page
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....ter/joinleague
    or is it a public league? Although it doesn't look like I can pick one of them to join.

Edit never mind heh clicked the long link. I was on the pay one. Looking at not sure how to mess with the draft rankings. I think I might keep the prestuff and just keep off players that are hurt like Wood and Prior.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast