Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NFL Pick'em: Week 17 aka: Jedieb's Victory Dance!

They could trade Davis for some defensive help or another later pick. Oh and the Saints I think are picking second and they will get Leinhart for certain. They need a QB bad. I think though this coming season will be it for the Saints. I think they will move to LA and become the LA something.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

It's just that it hasn't been done in 61 years or whatever. When the ball was bigger and more round, it was a lot easier than a placekick.

JMK
    Here comes black monday. This sure didn't take long.
    Tice - fired (this was done last night)
    Sherman - fired
    Martz - fired
    Capers - will be fired today
    Vermeil - retired yesterday

Any others to follow? Haslett maybe? Mularkey? Edwards? Will Parcells call it quits?

Norv Turner will be next after that I don't know. Haslett I think is safe because of the mess in New Orleans that really isn't his fault. Edwards and Fisher could be fired and Parcelles might retire, I guess we will have to wait and see.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Jeff Fisher will stay. One because he is the one of the longest tenured coaches in the league and two his team was destroyed by the salary cap, not his fault.

Herman Edwards might get a bye because he lost his #1 and #2 QBs within a half-a-dozen snaps of eachother.

Mike Mularky could go too, he kind of blew this season. Big time.

Well the only thing about Edwards is Petersen for KC wants him for HC so if the Jets were willing they could let the Chiefs have him for compensation. If I was him I would want to leave, the Jets are in a mess because of the Pennington situation, plus it looks like they will be going into rebuilding mode.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Haslett is gone.

JMK
    So how's this for a scenario.
    Earlier this year (and repeatedly) Favre said he would not play for anyone else other than Mike Sherman. So will Favre keep to his word and retire? Does his statement even make retirement the only option? I'm not sure if he said if he'd play somewhere other than Green Bay, but imagine for a second that Mike Sherman is hired in New Orleans...Favre is then traded to the Saints...thereby standing by his word to only play for Sherman. Plus it's his home town, so no one would call him out on it. It's not like he could even anticipate that situation coming about.

It's all very unlikely, but I just want to be the first to come up with that theory.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Maybe Sherman will become the offensive line coach or special teams coordinator in Baltimore and Favre will come too...

Alas we can only wish.

Week 17 Results
    Yoghurt: 11-5
    Jedieb: 10-6
    jjwr: 10-6
    JMK: 10-6
    sirdizzy: 10-6
    Lilaena De'Ville: 10-6
    Nathanial K'cansce: 10-6
    Jinn Fizz: 10-6
    Jedi Master Carr: 8-8
    Ryan Pode: 8-8

Regular Season Totals & Winning Percentages
    Jedieb: 179-77 69.9%
    Yoghurt: 175-81 68.4%
    jjwr: 174-82 68.0%
    Jedi Master Carr: 169-87 66.0%
    JMK: 168-88 65.6%
    sirdizzy: 167-89 65.2%
    Lilaena De'Ville: 165-91 64.5%
    Nathanial K'cansce: 160-96 62.5%
    Ryan Pode: 151-104 59.2%

Jinn Fizz: 152-88 63.3%

Lance Casey: 103-57 64.4%
    Figrin D'an: 101-59 63.1%
    Blade Ice: 70-44 61.4%
    Eldorack: 36-20 64.3%
    Kale: 23-23 50.0%
    Ambrose Braeden: 10-6 62.5%
    Lamar Starworth: 5-11 31.3%

It's good to be the King!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really feel like crap and I'm still hitting the Nyquil pretty hard so please double check your scores. I even had myself at 9-7 before I realized I'd won 10 games. Thank you Green Bay!!! Satan won the week and was able to pick up a game on jjwr and nab second place. Second place, as in one place behind me. 4 games behind me. 1.5%pts behind me, the winner. The winner not named Yog! I'M YOUR MASTER YOU DEVIL WORSHIPPING FIEND!!! HOW DOES IT FINALLY FEEL!!!!

Man, I've been waiting YEARS for to get that out of my system.

From what I've read, Haslett wasn't fired, he and the Saints agreed on a buyout. I think he just finally had enough. I can't blame him, the Saints are a disaster and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. Haslett will be on the short list for alot of these new vacancies. I don't see Capers or Tice getting hired by anyone anytime soon. They might land some jobs as cooridinators, but I think they're off the carousel for awhile. I think Dan Reeves has an outside shot at the Houston job. I think he's only around 62 so he's still got some good years ahead of him. Plus he's from Texas so it's a good fit. I think most of these jobs are going to get filled by first timers; NFL coordinators and college coaches.

If I was KC now I would look at Haslett, he is a very good coach and might be a good fit for them. I am not too sure about Al Saunders as the HC, he is a great Offensive cordinator, but I am afraid they will have the second coming of Mike Martz.

Hey, I didn't do all that bad . I'll have to try this again next season.

Congratulations, Jedieb!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    YAY for 7th place!!

Congrats Jedieb. Or should I say, the New Satan?

jjwr
    Considering my wacky picks for the week I didn't do too badly, alwasy next year!!

Favre to the Saints doesn't make much sense, with the #2 pick its highly unlikely they will pass on Leinart so it would be a 1 year rental at most for a team going nowhere.

If Favre wants to play somewhere next year he can easily find a team that is in playoff contention and one player away.

Lots of early talk on the major awards, my picks....

MVP - Alexander may win it but I think Brady should. Name one player who has done more with less this year?

Offensive - Alexander

Defensive - Ulacher

Offensive Rookie - I would love to see them be ballsy enough to pick one of the O-Lineman who has started all year and been solid but I doubt it'll happen so its most likely Caddilac.

Coach - Call me biased but name a coach who has done more than Belechick this year? Lost both assistants, has set a new record with 45 different starters on the year including losing various all-stars for the year for long stretches and the guy lost his father mid year.

JMK
    The only knock that can keep Brady and Belichick from winning is the fact that they play in the AFC East. If the Jets and Bills weren't so pathetic this season then I'd say it's a slam dunk.

Will Leinart be a first year starter? Or will he sit on the bench for a year and learn? If he sits then the Saints will need someone to teach him the ropes...I still think Favre to New Orleans is a possibility. If Sherman gets hired there you know it will be inevitable.

Alexander is the MVP, although I think Brady will finish second. As for coach of the year not sure on that one. Holmgren is a possibility considering they went 13-3 and nobody expected Seattle to do that. Although it is more likely that Coughlign or the Bears coach will win it.

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
    YAY for 7th place!!

Congrats Jedieb. Or should I say, the New Satan?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234