Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can't believe this!

JediBoricua
    Oh when will the EU give poor old Porkins a break!!!

Everyone knows that after his X-Wing exploded he fell through a chinmney in the Death Star and was able to pass as a Santa Clause impersonator. Afterwards, he tricked an imperial officer into giving him a TIE fighter.

I would kill for a comic about Porkins fighting crime and injustice in the GFFA!!!

Doc Milo
    On the whole EU vs. Movies debate:

I look at it this way. The movies are the "Truth" ie: they are exactly what happened in the SW universe over that specific galactic era. They are not an historical account of what happened, written from a point of view; they are what happened.

The EU would be like the media accounts: second hand, written from someone's point of view, stories spreading across the galaxy. They have grains of truth, grains of lies, grains of legend, and grains of myth. They are the "mythology" of the SW universe. They are the "movies of the week"; they are the stories in the National Enquirer; they are the stories related over talk radio; they are the Dan Rather reports where facts are not checked as thoroughly as they could be before being sent to "print." The novelizations are the legitimate news stories. Very close to the actual events, but also second hand and thus certain "facts" get confused, such as Ben telling Luke that Anakin didn't know Padme was pregnant.

There is only one Truth: The Movies and the movies alone.

All else is media mythology.

thx-1138stormfett
    Originally posted by Jedieb
    There's only one reason characters like Boba Fett and Maul keep getting resurrected; $$$. The SW Tales with Maul was probably the best seller they ever had. And bringing Fett back to life, no matter how nonsensical and improbable, got done for the same reason. Fett stories sell comics and books, that's why he's back. If they thought they could do the same with Mace, they'd do it too.

The only reason they brought fett back is because he is god.And for more money i guess but still he is god!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123