Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept 1 - Oct 2 MLB Thread

Sept 1 - Oct 2 MLB Thread

It's the home stretch boys and girls. The Yanks finish their series with Mariners tonight and the Red Sox are going for a sweep of the Devil Rays tonight. The Yankees start a HUGE series with the A's tomorrow. The AL West and AL WC leads may change day to day depending on how the Yanks and A's play out. A sweep by either one of these teams could put the loser in a hole they won't be able to dig out of.

The NL race is just as tight with the Mets and Florida still going at it and Philly and Washington battling each other. Since this is our last month of the regular season I think we should start making some predictions. Let's see who gets the highest number of playoff teams correct. Entries due by Sept. 5, the Devil need not apply. :evil

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

AL East - Yankees
    AL Central - Chicago
    AL West - Oakland
    AL Wild Card - Angles (I can dream, can't I?)

NL East - Florida (That's right, I said it!!!)
    NL Central - St. Louis
    NL Least - San Out in the First Round Diego
    NL Wild Card - Mets

jjwr
    Ooh a Sox Shutout...thats not nice Jedieb!

Sounds like fun though, I'll reply later!

AL East Boston
    AL Central Chicago White Sox
    AL West Angels
    AL Wild Card Cleveland

NL East Atlanta
    NL Central St. Louis
    NL West San Diego
    NL Wild Card Philadelphia

O's beat the Red Sox tonight and the A's are brutalizing the Yankees 10-0 and it's only the 2nd inning. Leiter got lit up and didn't even make it out of the 1st inning.

jjwr
    I just saw that box score...what happened?

I gotta say I'm rooting for the A's but thats definetly a shocker of a start.

I think the A's might sweep them and if that happens the Yankees won't make the playoffs. Boston will win the next two, they only lost today because that bum Dinardo pitched because of Wells suspension.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Been wondering whatever happened to Master Yoghurt? Check her pockets.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

When, I say, WHEN did Bellhorn become a Yankee? O_o

JMK
    Earlier this week.

Mark my words, if somehow the Yanks and Sox hook up in the playoffs, Bellhorn will leave his impact on the series.

Not that it matters any more, but:

Babe
    Buckner
    Boone

Bellhorn.

:evil

I don't know why they picked him up he was playing horrible in the minors when they released him. He really isn't a very good player. I think they picked him to try to steal something from Boston, I mean strategy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Been wondering whatever happened to Master Yoghurt? Check her pockets.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I read they signed him on the 30th Aug. I was kinda dumbstruck when I heard the sportscaster mentioning him during last night's game.

The world gets crazier every day.

I dont know why they signed him. Sure, he hit that homerun in last years World Series that made him a hero for like..3 seconds, but didn't he lead the League in Strikeouts??

I just dont understand the move, though your gleaning suggestion makes some sense. A little, anyway.

They picked him up just to have a glove and a bat for the home stretch. The first day he was there A-Rod was able to DH and rest up. And remember, they've got Embree in the bullpen as well.

Well today the Yankees got a measure of revenge. Small pitched a gem of a complete game and the Yankees won 7-0. Now the Yanks and A's have the same record again and will be either tied or a game behind depending on what happens with Seattle and the Angles. Boston evened up their series with Baltimore so their lead is still at 3.5. The Sox have one more game with the O's, a make up game with the White Sox, and then big series with the Angles and the Yanks. Big, big, games coming up.

jjwr
    AL East - Red Sox
    AL Central - Chicago
    AL West - Angels
    AL Wild Card - Yankees

NL East - Atlanta
    NL Central - St. Louis
    NL Least - San Diego
    NL Wild Card - Nationals

JMK
    AL East - Red Sox
    AL Central - Chicago
    AL West - Angels
    AL Wild Card - Yankees

NL East - Atlanta
    NL Central - St. Louis
    NL East - San Diego
    NL Wild Card - Florida

Originally posted by JMK
    AL East - Red Sox
    AL Central - Chicago
    AL West - Angels
    AL Wild Card - Yankees

NL East - Atlanta
    NL Central - St. Louis
    NL East - San Diego
    NL Wild Card - Florida
    The same as mine.

Thank you Chi Sox!!!!

Great start from the young pitcher McCarthy. The White Sox had a fireballer of a closer throwing in the high 90's. He looked great but because of an error he had to face a couple of extra hitters and got nailed for a 3 run blast by Graffanino in the 9th. Schilling looked a little better, but still gave up 4 runs over 6 1/3. Foulke did give up a hit in his inning of work which should encourage the Sox faithful. Now the Sox hit the road and visit the Angles and then da Bronx.

The Yankees are starting a homestand with the big bad AL East bullies the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. While the Sox are battling the division leading Angles the Yankees can't afford to come away from this series with anything less than a 2-1 win. Enough is enough, they can't keep getting their nads handed to them by the likes of the D-Rays. The Angles can easily sweep or win their home series with Sox. The Angles are at home and they've got the A's breathing down their necks. The Yanks can open this next weekend's AL East showdown just 1 or 2 games behind.

JMK
    Originally posted by CMJ
    The same as mine.
    You know what they say about great minds?

I seriously considered putting the Yankees as the AL East winner. I do think they'll grab first at some point before the end, especially with the schedule the Sox have this week but I think the Sox will manage to win by a game or 2. The Yankees seem to be back on track and the Sox haven't had a big meltdown this year, they've barely even had a bad week this year. They've had a couple great weeks, and then just mediocre-good weeks.

I was wrong about the Sox roadtrip, it doesn't start until the weekend. The Red Sox will get to play the Angles at Fneway. The Angles and Sox are division leaders but in reality they're both in the WC race as well. If either one of these teams were to get swept they could find themselves out of the division lead and battling for the WC by the end of the weekend. Because it's at Fenway i expect the Sox to win this 3 game series. I don't expect a sweep from either of these teams.

JMK
    Yeah, I'd expect some real high scoring games. Last man standing type stuff. 10-8 scores. Boy can these 2 teams hit.

I'd take a bullet for David Ortiz.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast