Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V for Vendetta

I really want to see it, I think about seeing this weekend or during the week.

I was probably going to see it tomorrow, but I came down with a cold yesterday, so no moviegoing for me this weekend. Maybe next weekend, though .

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    I have heard some really stinking reviews of this... but I still can't resist the dystopian future angle, so I'll probably end up seeing it regardless.

JMK
    I thought it was ok...a little too long, and a little too wordy a la Wachowski bros. Frankly I was hoping for more but it is worth seeing in theaters.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Proof that not all people who draw anatomically correct anthropomorphic animals are furries. Or... is he?

AKA
    Mitch. Duh.
    Excellent translation from comic to film, and I loved it.

Great movie, and while it may have been a little wordy at times, it was justified and never felt dull.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I could listen to Hugo Weaving rant all day.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    I just got back from seeing it and I'm still too keyed up to write anything comprehensive yet. Loved it. Loved Hugo's opening monologue, loved the 1812 overture, loved the expressiveness of the mask, Portman.

I'm going to bed to bask in it.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I am so thoroughly pleased with how this film turned out. When I first heard about it and saw the teaser, I was very very excited. Then I heard negative things about it in reviews and such. This was a good thing because it lowered my anticipation levels for the film, allowing it to really suprise and impress me.

Loved every bloody moment of it. Best film of the year by far for me, thus far.

Some moments that need particular mention:

The entire scene between the doctor and V in her bedroom, particularly her apology - it was quite profound and touching and avoided the cliché of all his enemies feeling no regret.

The dominos falling montage gave me a real thrill and was very well timed dramatically and visually. The overall pace of them film never onced faltered for me.

The letters Evey recieves from the "prisoner" in the next cell was completely unexpected and very moving. Had me tearing up a little. I was very impressed with the strong human elements to this film. I actually expected the film to be a little colder and I'm very pleased it wasn't.

The black bags and specifically the scene in which Stephen Fry's character is taken away. That made me very cold and the imagery of him sharing his last glance at Evey before being bagged was startling.

And of course, the glorious glorious 1812 finale. Need I say anymore about that?

I finally saw the movie today, and I liked it quite a bit. I really liked the fact that it wasn't your stereotypical one-dimensional mindless action-adventure movie. It had ideas and dialogue about ideas, which is a nice thing...yes, there was lots and lots of talk, but I never have any objections to hearing Hugo Weaving talk . I was especially blown away by his soliloquy early in the movie with the "v" alliteration, I couldn't help but wonder how many takes it took to get it just right .

I loved the ending, seeing V accomplish what Guy Fawkes was prevented from doing. It was rather breathtaking on the big screen, and yes, the 1812 Overture booming from the speakers was awesome. A wonderful, wonderful touch. I also especially loved seeing the thousands of people in V's mask, hat, and cape marching towards Parliament, and then the moment where they all started taking off the masks and you could see the faces of so many of the people who had been destroyed by that regime, like the little girl with the thick glasses, the actress who had written that beautiful note, Stephen Fry's character, etc. A wonderful climax to a movie well worth seeing.

There was even a hilarious homage to Benny Hill in the middle of the movie...what more could I have asked?

Definitely a recommended movie, I liked it .

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"

I just saw this movie and it was indeed well-worth watching. A note from what someone typed above tho - in the movie, the British Fedex is actually BFT - British Freight and Transit.

But it was outstanding as a movie. I was a bit skeptical when I went but it was definitely worth it. Given that I would have been among those dragged away, I wonder how I would have acted....

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

I saw this film last week. I enjoyed it, very moving and very 'grab you and makes you watch it'. One of my friends that I went to see it with finished up the graphic novel like, two hours before going. It was funny listening to him gripe like he does about some of the changes that wer emade. He still enjoyed it, though.

This is kinda cute:

C For Cookie

TheHolo.Net Poster

Proof that not all people who draw anatomically correct anthropomorphic animals are furries. Or... is he?

AKA
    Mitch. Duh.
    Heh, that's great!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Tom Hobbes would have been proud.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"

Uproarius - - that was funny!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12