Thread: Just harmless shopping (closed)

Naysheta

Just harmless shopping (closed)

Naysheta plucked up one of the smaller red fruits she saw on the market's outside stand. She looked at it for a moment before deciding that it was ripe adn worth eating. She did this process for a few more and finally went inside to pay for her groceries. She needed to be going soon or Master Torn would be furious. He had said to only be gone for one standard hour and she had already exceeded that by one and a half hours.

She knew he wasn't to worried and that he could sense her, but still. She didn't look forward to the punishment that waited for her. "Thank you," she said as she paid for the food and left.

On the way out of the door, she dropped a bag and out of refelx, reached out with the Force and caught it. She snatched it out of the air almost as quickly, her eyes looking around, hoping no one saw that action.

Spada Elhow
    Spada quickly entered the marketplace and walked to a fruit stand, quickly picking out a few pieces of fruit and throwing them into a bag. Walking over to the register, Spada dropped the bag on the counter, reaching into his pocket and emptying the rest of his money out onto the table and saying,

'How much will this get me?'

'That'll buy you just this lot, the others, I just can't do it.' replied the cashier, taking a few pieces of fruit out of the bag and motioning to it.

Spada was just about to begin arguing with the man when suddenly, a woman caught his eye. His masked eyes followed her as she passed by him; there was something different about her. Looking back at the cashier, he said,

'Fine, but I know you're ripping me off.' Spada said, grabbing the bag roughly and turning to walk out the door. As he turned, the woman he noticed before once again caught his eye as he saw her trip and lose the bag. Thinking that the bag would fall, Spada was about to walk over and help her pick it up when the bag stopped in midair and floated back to her. The woman looked around very frightened, and Spada's eyes lit up behind his Kel-Dor mask as he thought to himself,

she knows the force...she could be a jedi!

Spada quickly looked in a different direction as she looked his way, but still kept an eye on her so he could see where she went and follow her.

Naysheta
    Naysheta looked around once more before leaving the store and making a quick left down the alley. I can't believe I did that. Master Torn will be furious! What was I thinking. I wasn't that's what.

She looked around the alley and turned left. Looks like it is the long way today.

Spada Elhow
    Spada watched the woman hurriedly leave the market and head down an alleyway. Casually making his way through the crowd, Spada followed her down the alley, giving her enough distance so that she would not hear him. Spada walked as silently as possible, but as the woman dissapeared at an intersection, Spada moved quickly to keep up with her and accidentally kicked a can as he made the turn down the alleyway. The sound of tin hitting the street echoed through the narrow, high alleyway and Spada dove behind a dumpster, hoping she wouldn't notice him.

Naysheta
    Naysheta stopped, frightened. Someone saw!

The thought kept running through her mind as she looked back. Hesitantly she called out. "O...ok, whoever you are....c-come out..."

Spada Elhow
    Spada laid against the dumpster, taking long, silent breaths as his chest rose and fell against the ground. Spada glanced out with one eye, and saw the woman in a frightened, cautious position and heard her tell him to come out. Spada brought his way up to a crouch, still hidden by the dumpster, and thought to himself,

She's pretty afraid...no Sith would be that afraid of someone following them. I can feel the force flowing through her, theres no doubt there. I should not frighten her any longer, but still must be careful; she is very tense.

Spada glanced out again and kept an eye on the woman, slowly standing and letting his head poke out for her to see.

"I mean you no harm. I have no weapons..." said Spada, lifting both his hands for her to see as he walked out from behind the dumpster, "I just want to talk."

Naysheta
    Master Torn? She thought, but a quick scan through the Force told her no. Another Kel-Dor then, but out here? Not a common sight. Even Master Torn is questioned.

Slowly she pulled her body up, but kept her muscles tense, ready to move in an instant. "What do you want?"

Spada Elhow
    Spada walked out from behind the dumpster, keeping an eye on the woman's hands in case she made a move for a weapon. Walking towards her slowly, Spada said,

"Who are you, and how did you do that back there?"

Naysheta
    "Do what? I didn't do anything," she said, chancing the use of the Force. She slowly reached out to the Kel Dor's mind, hoping to influence him to forget anything.

Spada Elhow
    Spada heard the woman's feeble attempt at pretending that nothing happened and smiled. As he stood there, however, Spada felt something inside his mind, a feeling which he had felt before during his time at the Jedi Academy, though he could not remember. As Spada felt this, thoughts entered his head and seemed to try to take the place of his other memories. Spada's memory became hazy, and suddenly he remembered where he had felt it before.

It's a Jedi Mind trick... thought Spada to himself, now able to fight off the thoughts.

The attempt by this woman was just too much for him to bear. Here he was, just trying to talk to her, and she tried to sway him from his objective with a mind trick. Spada thought to himself,

She WILL not stop me in my mission!

Spada's anger got the best of him and he threw his palm out, launching a force push at her and saying,

"Do not try your tricks on me woman!" Rage flowed through Spada's body and were about to take control, and he tried to calm himself down, saying,

"I told you before...I mean you no harm. I know what you are, and I want to talk to you."

Naysheta
    Naysheta stumbled backwards before catching herself. "And..and why should I believe you only want to talk?"

Spada Elhow
    At this response, Spada removed his cloak, revealing a tunic and his skin, which was badly scarred from electrical burns.

"I have brought no weapons. I only followed you hoping you would lead me somewhere."

Spada held his cloak in one hand and walked towards the woman, saying,

"I am Spada Elhow, and you are a Jedi. I need your help."

Naysheta
    "What kind of help?" She asked, backing slightly, as she was still weary of the Kel-Dor.

Spada Elhow
    Spada sensed that she still was afraid and stopped approaching her, saying,

"I will tell you in time...but for now we must find shelter. Do you have somewhere we can go in case anyone saw what you did?"

Naysheta
    She couldn't take him back to her master so she just shook her head. "No."

Spada Elhow
    Spada frowned at this, but felt that she was keeping something hidden from him. Shaking it off, however, Spada said to her,

"Well I have no place to hide either, and I have spent the last of my money in the market back there, so perhaps the lower levels would be the best bet. There is less control down there, and we could dissapear in the crowd and find somewhere safe."

As he said this, Spada kept an eye on the woman's hands, making sure she didn't move for a weapon. Even though he was almost sure this woman was a Jedi, he was still a bit wary of her.