Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What exactly is a Sith?

Drin Kizael
    Then follow Bane.

But don't expect the whole board to. Like I said, react IC however you want to those you don't consider to be "true Sith". But this discussion seems to be about reaching some kind of standard that would be unfair for the rest of the forum.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I really think Fett is onto something there. Perhaps the Sith have only been in pairs and working in secrecy for so long because the Jedi have been in power. If they truly are the Jedi antithesis, then they would be in hiding no less than the Jedi were following the birth of the Empire. Previously, Star Wars lore states that Sith existed in their thousands, great armies of Sith ruled by the Sith Lords. Perhaps the Sith were never and will never be as organised and close like the Jedi Order were in their temple, nevertheless, I like the idea of the Sith rising to ultimate power again while the Jedi try to study and grow in secret.

Anuis Ma'artra
    And perhaps this whole conversation is a bit of overkill. It isn't like we are going to limit the board to only 2 Sith or ban the name Darth, for all we know in the outer rim there could have been countless pairs of Sith abiding by what they saw as the rule of Two, it would have only taken 1 Sith to break the rule of two and train multiple apprentices keeping each one a secret from the other to create a large population of Sith and if they did it outside the normal range of the Empire or the Republic then who's to say we didn't have thousands of pairs of Sith plotting the destruction of Pal/Vader and/or the Jedi?

Basically I always thought our belief that the Sith saw themselves as followers of a religion and Dark Jedi were just power hungry Dark Siders without any set creedo worked.

Darth Stratus
    Originally posted by Droo
    I really think Fett is onto something there. Perhaps the Sith have only been in pairs and working in secrecy for so long because the Jedi have been in power. If they truly are the Jedi antithesis, then they would be in hiding no less than the Jedi were following the birth of the Empire. Previously, Star Wars lore states that Sith existed in their thousands, great armies of Sith ruled by the Sith Lords. Perhaps the Sith were never and will never be as organised and close like the Jedi Order were in their temple, nevertheless, I like the idea of the Sith rising to ultimate power again while the Jedi try to study and grow in secret.
    I agree Dru, kinda KOTOR 1ish. Having the Academy on Korriban and so on and so fourth

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    This could be part of a larger cycle. It would make sense.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345